fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/18/09 10:43 a.m.

Found this on CL and thought of you folks:

Boomstick Festiva

Craigslist wrote: Again, price is OBO. I'll haggle, I'm not insulted by it. Ok, so here is what we're looking at. '93 Festiva Base, clean title Mazda 1.8ltr BP with Wiseco forged pistons and Carrillo A-beam forged rods, all balanced. .57 trim T3/T4 Garrett turbo on a Miata log style manifold, Tial 30mm wastegate and a real Greddy BOV SRT-4 intercooler with custom end tanks and a 3in downpipe Comes with the stock 155/80/12s good for mid-low 14 second runs on low boost A set of admittedly worn drag radials on 14s, and a set of four 14x7 inch rims that IMO look very nice on the car, good rubber in 225/60/14s. I haven't started cutting the fenders to fit them, they will require cutting an flares of some kind. It uses a Mazda 323GTX J-spec ECU, plus a piggyback Apex'i SAFC2 for fuel control. Both fuel and timing are tuned for around 24psi on race gas, so driving around town on 14psi (low boost) is doable and very conservative. The GTX ecu handles regular driving duties very very well, the car easily gets 35mpg under normal conditions. An AEM UEGO Six-in-One wideband O2 sensor and gauge help you keep everything in check, along with boost, oil pressure, water temp gauges and an external tach. It has a real G25mr transmission, not the stock festiva or Aspire transmission, as well as a six puck Centerforce stage 3 clutch and Mercury Capri axles. This is a very very strong set up, I've never broken anything yet have posted many mid to low 12 second passes at speeds in excess of 125mph on drag radials. With slicks and someone who can launch better than I can, it's easily a low 11 second car making it the fastest Festiva in the world. The brakes are stock, but with top of the line pads, so stopping isn't an issue. All bushings have been replaced, the suspension is very tight and precise with very stiff Civic coilovers all the way around with KYB GR2s. I've taken this car to many a track day, and Evos, STIs, and Corvettes have a hard time keeping up. The body is flat black, and the windows are heavily tinted, I guess you could call it "murdered" out It's very menacing. The headlight works, blinkers work, it has some very bright fogs that take the place of the headlights, perfectly legal. I have a bumper that is not yet mounted, but it will cover the intercooler and be as legal as a regular bumper, but no rear bumper and no exhaust. It is a track car, so to be honest, it never was a big issue for me to take care of. I've had full insurance on it, and really drive it around with no issues from the police of any kind. It's got headlights, blinkers, tail lights, besides that they could care less. Lets see, I'm trying to think if there is anything else I should mention. I'm sure there is, but I can't come up with it. If you have any questions, you can feel free to ask or call me. 503-580-4138. If I don't answer, I'm at work. Just leave a message and I'll call you back. What I'm looking to get next is a Miata, doesn't need to be anything fancy, but if you think you've got a trade deal for me, don't hesitate Basically what we're talking about is a 380whp 1600lbs car that has been well sorted and will cost you a fraction of what it would if you did all this yourself. This car is a monster that nobody expects to see coming, and are always shocked to see pass them. It really doesn't matter what you're up against, I've run down sport bikes in my little black abomination of nature. Pound for pound, it's the best performance deal on craigslist, period. on low boost <---
John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/18/09 10:45 a.m.

I need to stop seeing things like this.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
3/18/09 10:50 a.m.

You thought of us, because the owner is on this site.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/724/

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/18/09 11:03 a.m.

Huh, who knew?

Too bad he hasn't posted since early December.....

Where ya been man?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/18/09 12:45 p.m.

that ride is SICK!

I have something similar planned for my Aspire

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/18/09 1:13 p.m.

<---Bangs head on table repeatedly.

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/18/09 11:25 p.m.

Turbo Fest-Evils rule!

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
3/18/09 11:50 p.m.

With some 13x10s on the front of that and some 275s... it would rule on a Autox course too.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
3/19/09 12:11 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: that ride is SICK! I have something similar planned for my Aspire

We all do, at one point. Then the next thing you know your giving the car away, telling the person to split the profits with you if the ever sell it...

Joey

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/19/09 12:31 a.m.

lolz

BTW, I got a lexan rear window for it today...and I fixed the headlights...I have been delivering Chinese food with it lately...its awesome.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
3/19/09 8:28 a.m.

isn't that car someone here? I swear I just saw it as a featured ride

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
3/19/09 8:29 a.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/724/

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
3/19/09 8:36 a.m.
Grtechguy wrote: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/724/

Dude, i SO beat you to that punch.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
3/19/09 8:38 a.m.

wow........I need more coffee.....

Teqnyck
Teqnyck New Reader
3/20/09 10:08 p.m.

That would be mine. In case anyone was wondering, I'm looking for a miata trade . Got a few lookers, but nothing serious yet.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/21/09 2:33 p.m.

<---Desperately trying to get a buddy to trade you. Wish me luck.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TRWF3d3SZpcuqbjwQ0YNwLGdbF517E2s2vdbfMekNgu3Vg6By3VsB2tnOIYIJjos