1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 213
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/22 6:35 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to wae :

1 part decent, medium price unflavored vodka

3 parts orange or cranberry juice of your choice - add sugar if you really need to

Stir and enjoy.

Or even $4 gas station 21%ABV vodka and Kool-Aid mix, if you want.

I have never tried this, because the only flavored vodkas I like are zubrowka and absolut peppar, but it seems about like what you'd get.  And it wouldn't taste like a chem lab fume hood accident.

I tried Stoli cucumber once.  It tasted nothing like cucumber or vodka, helped in part by Stoli tasting like crap to begin with.  Better to get the flavor the old fashioned way, by eating cucumbers while drinking something that isn't crap.

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
1/14/22 7:36 p.m.

Did I party with you in the late 80s ?

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/14/22 10:03 p.m.

My teenage years version was the frozen concentrated juice mix with vodka substituted for the water in the instructions.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/22 10:18 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

Whatever happened to the good old days when booze tasted like gasoline - the way it's supposed to?

I remember a kid in my high school asking, "Wouldn't liquor be awesome if it tasted good?"

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/14/22 10:29 p.m.
dculberson said:

My teenage years version was the frozen concentrated juice mix with vodka substituted for the water in the instructions.

You guys mixed yours??

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/22 3:09 a.m.

If you want to make a zoom meeting bareable say Alexa play Dance Monkey 

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/15/22 10:47 a.m.

I've known this for years, but today Y'all gonna learn- 

Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crue purchased his first guitar in Twin Falls, Idaho at Red's Trading Post. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/22 7:38 p.m.

TIL if a customer asks you if they can smoke don't assume it's tobacco.  #contacthigh

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/18/22 7:50 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I actually really like the Leo Moracchioli version :)

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/19/22 9:22 a.m.

That 2 shots Ole Smoky salted caramel whiskey mixed with butter pecan ice cream makes an incredible tasting milkshake!

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/19/22 9:38 a.m.
NickD said:

TIL what a Morgan Lens is firsthand. Good God that was unpleasant

It's better than the eyeball die grinder but, yeah it's unpleasant.

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/19/22 2:38 p.m.
lrrs said:

Did I party with you in the late 80s ?

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/19/22 6:05 p.m.

TIL that people really despise their home printers.

About 20% of customer reviews on Amazon read like "after wasting three %#$%% hours trying to connect this steaming pile of $%$@#, I could only get one device to work...then the %*&$%^ thing broke down one *^%&#$ month after the warranty expired but only after making me %&^$% replace the wildly &*$%# expensive toner cartridges two ^&^%$ times - signed Reverend Davis"

Bhahaha

BTW, I'll be pulling the trigger on either the Epson with a huge ink reserve that Shaq promotes or an entry level hp laser for myself in a few month but right now, I just need something cheap & simple for my 83 y/o dad that doesn't suck too many balls...what do I get???

BBTW, the supply chain on printers is suuuuper berked up...half the stuff has mid March delivery dates surprise

matthewmcl
matthewmcl HalfDork
1/19/22 8:24 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

My HP Officejet Pro 8600 has been running for about 8 years, now. Print, double sided print, scan, copy, document feeder.  I have not looked at other options, really. I bought it 'cuz I needed print and scan and it was on the shelf. I am sure it will die someday, but it has been solid so far.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
1/20/22 6:03 p.m.

TIL, Lada made several engines of the Wankel variety during the USSR days. Here is a wild example from engine swap depot: https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=40793&

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/20/22 6:10 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl :

My HP 1212 laser printer is at least 10 years old.  It had a little software issue a few months ago after a Windows update, but we managed to convince it to accept the driver again...

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/22 7:16 p.m.

TIL that the piggy that went to market did not volunteer to do so.

wae
wae PowerDork
1/22/22 5:27 p.m.

Yesterday I learned: DC might have a rule that says you have to show ID and a vaccination card to eat in a restaurant, but at least at the places we went, that whole thing ended with a sign on the door.  I stood out in the cold getting the whole family's cards pulled up on my phone, but nobody mentioned a word about it.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody MegaDork
1/22/22 5:49 p.m.

As proof of vaccine, and to be able to do almost anything we need to show a QR code either on our phone or on paper so they can scan it and verify that it's you against your photo ID. I took my Mom to the hospital last week for an appointment where they're understandably very strict about these things and they didn't even scan my code, or ask for ID. They Just glanced at it and passed me through.  

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/22/22 7:09 p.m.

We've been doing the qr code for a couple of months here, and most places are pretty strict.  Not entirely sure it's done much other than empty restaurants, since the sask health website is a dumpster fire and is really difficult to figure out how to find the one thing everyone in the province needs...

Pete. (l33t FS)
1/22/22 8:49 p.m.

TIL that I should start a build thread.

wae
wae PowerDork
1/22/22 8:51 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

YES!!  That's really squeezed in there

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/22 8:59 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

You should probably lift that thing up one more time while it's still easy and change the head gaskets and spark plugs. 

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/22/22 9:04 p.m.
matthewmcl said:

In reply to RX Reven' :

My HP Officejet Pro 8600 has been running for about 8 years, now. Print, double sided print, scan, copy, document feeder.  I have not looked at other options, really. I bought it 'cuz I needed print and scan and it was on the shelf. I am sure it will die someday, but it has been solid so far.

Mine has been solid as well and I have been running it on generic cartridges since it was out of warranty - about $15 a set.

Pete. (l33t FS)
1/22/22 9:04 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I'm seriously considering boring holes in the chassis rails for access.  

It has to come out the bottom, sadly, unless plans change.  To move the engine forward off the trans would require removing four of the six fasteners holding the bumper support on...

1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ASK166H1s5AgQZPhU6Vezl4x1ZuUaUnjAtUr8U6yuG5XNlQc6uTndGfLJ7Y0mN1J