1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 ... 213
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/22 10:28 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

For clarity, they should take the Check Gages light and relabel it Low Fule.

Meanwhile, Ford has "temporal spare" on a couple decades of tire labels and nobody bats an eye.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/22 4:39 p.m.

TIL that the older I get the easier it is for me to go into dad mode and yell at other people's kids. 

Stampie said:

TIL that the older I get the easier it is for me to go into dad mode and yell at other people's kids. 

berkeley those kids and berkeley their E36 M3ty parents!

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody MegaDork
2/2/22 5:39 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Wanders unite!

I've read Gage enough times in technical literature I actually thought it was the American spelling

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/22 7:13 p.m.

In reply to Dankoleon :

Waiting for the link edit.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
2/3/22 8:47 p.m.

We were on work from home for like a year. We went back to the office last spring. Knowing this snow storm was coming I figured I would end working from home again for a couple days. So yesterday I asked IT to send me the instructions to link up to remote desktop since it had been so long since I'd used it. So TIL learned we have two different ways we could do it, a really good way, and a really E36 M3ty, laggy, barely usable way. And I used the E36 M3ty way for an entire berkeleying year like a berkeleying idiot.

TIL that Lawry's Seasoned Salt makes a delicious substitute for regular table salt when making a hot salt water gargle for a sore throat.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/3/22 9:56 p.m.
Stampie said:

My buddy grew up in Harvey, Illinois and his dad was a cop there and sometimes he screwed up and the neighbor would "discipline" him then when his dad got home he "disciplined" him again.    

Okay - the above is PC.  He really said something else for discipline. Like "knock sense into me".  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/3/22 10:01 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
Stampie said:

My buddy grew up in Harvey, Illinois and his dad was a cop there and sometimes he screwed up and the neighbor would "discipline" him then when his dad got home he "disciplined" him again.    

Okay - the above is PC.  He really said something else for discipline. Like "knock sense into me".  

When I hear Harvey, IL and cops, all I can think of is this:

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/4/22 7:41 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
Stampie said:

Local high school has recognized Furries as a gender.  You know, people that identify as a cat or ,dog; wear ears and a tail all the time.  You cannot call a student him, her, maam or sir, it's now IT.

Somebody needs a bitchslap.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/4/22 9:59 a.m.

If we took furries seriously,  it would be a species, not a gender. I'm not sure people,at leadt scientifically, understand how gender works.

When I was a kid, being referred to as "it" was and insult and I've seen it make kids cry.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/4/22 10:02 a.m.

I disbelieve that 'it' is the recommended term unless someone is trolling hard at the school board level.  'They' is typical accepted usage.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/4/22 10:14 a.m.
914Driver said:
Stampie said:

Local high school has recognized Furries as a gender.  You know, people that identify as a cat or ,dog; wear ears and a tail all the time.  You cannot call a student him, her, maam or sir, it's now IT.

Not sure if it's the same school but there is one school where they are also required to provide a giant litter pan for students that identify as animals. I'm understanding of transgender folk and all that, but the Otherkin (that's the actual term for them) are a bridge too far for me. And if I was the school janitor and got told I had to go clean the litter box that humans are using, I'd probably turn in my resignation.

wae
wae PowerDork
2/4/22 10:29 a.m.
NickD said:
914Driver said:
Stampie said:

Not sure if it's the same school but there is one school where they are also required to provide a giant litter pan for students that identify as animals. I'm understanding of transgender folk and all that, but the Otherkin (that's the actual term for them) are a bridge too far for me. And if I was the school janitor and got told I had to go clean the litter box that humans are using, I'd probably turn in my resignation.

If memory serves that was not an actual thing.  What I read was that a parent who was upset about that sort of thing penned a letter or a sternly worded facebook post claiming that there was a litter box somewhere in the school.  The administration indicated that was not true in their response.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/4/22 10:34 a.m.

Ya'll need to stop getting your news off of Facebook, at least without verifying it. Both the furries-as-a-gender and the litter box thing are made up. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/4/22 10:36 a.m.
wae said:
NickD said:
914Driver said:
Stampie said:

If memory serves that was not an actual thing.  What I read was that a parent who was upset about that sort of thing penned a letter or a sternly worded facebook post claiming that there was a litter box somewhere in the school.  The administration indicated that was not true in their response.

Ah, fair enough. I retract my statement. I probably should have triple-checked on that one, but it honestly didn't seem that far-fetched, all things considered. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/4/22 10:37 a.m.
mtn said:

Ya'll need to stop getting your news off of Facebook, at least without verifying it. Both the furries-as-a-gender and the litter box thing are made up. 

Give it another year or two

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/4/22 12:06 p.m.
mtn said:

"But what if it wasn't?" (I have actually seen that response to someone debunking an article as satire. Ugh.)

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/22 1:09 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

Wanders unite!

I've read Gage enough times in technical literature I actually thought it was the American spelling

Understandable, we like dropping excess "u"s. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/4/22 1:16 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:
Mr. Peabody said:

Wanders unite!

Understandable, we like dropping excess "u"s. 

'Gage' is actually the original correct spelling of the word in the context of metal thickness.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
2/4/22 4:12 p.m.
dculberson said:
mtn said:

"But what if it wasn't?" (I have actually seen that response to someone debunking an article as satire. Ugh.)

Man, Facebook is such a cancer. I will never understand why so many people feel compelled to just make E36 M3 up for attention, and why so many people gleefully swallow such obvious bullE36 M3 because they want it to be true.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/5/22 11:04 a.m.

Little Miss Muffet was real.

Her father, Dr. Thomas Muffet (1553-1604) was a naturalist and physician living in London.  Living in an ivy covered house she got up close and personal with a bunch of spiders.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
2/5/22 11:35 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

wae
wae PowerDork
2/5/22 1:30 p.m.

TIL: I don't have E36 M3 for SAE-sized tools.  I've got anything I could need in metric, but working on a 454 in a '93 Chevy is frustratingly difficult.  I think I need to hit up the hammer store.  Of course I won't have any place to put these things....

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/5/22 2:33 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Got it from a senior at the school.

1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SM5N7GZRn33S3d4bECDhXX8kUXE0DtHEESRQF3nYZcBYxBg0b9f7klNQxGKlJbwC