1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 213
Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/22 2:41 p.m.

Norm!!!

TIL that Jason Sudeikis is George Wendt's nephew. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/6/22 6:25 p.m.

TIL that the end credits song to WKRP In Cincinnati doesn't have any actual lyrics. It's all just random vocalizations.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/6/22 6:47 p.m.

TIL that the dad from A Christmas Story was also Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/22 8:28 p.m.

TIL about what I'm calling bacon crack. Baked bacon in the oven 23 minutes at 350. This is the drippings in the pan that I then scraped up. 10x better than the bacon. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
2/9/22 2:32 p.m.

TIL that one of my parking brake cables is severed about 6" forward of the rear wheel on the Expedition. No clue when that happened..

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/9/22 2:36 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Wife's elderly grandparents would fry country ham up in a skillet and the white fat on the edges would get cut off and fried up. 

Me bring a Yankee would ask them in rural Alabama; you going to eat that? Yes, crackle or crackling?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/2/22 11:26 a.m.

Yesterday I learned two things.

The first, doctor seuss is now a brand. Thing 2 has a thing at school to read a doctor Seuss book with family. Ok, we have a bunch. I start looking, none of them are written by Dr Seuss anymore. His son who took over yes, but also s bunch of really random writers.

The second.

yes, that's my pole saw that can give me "11 feet of reach". Sounds like a good idea on paper, looks like fun. But Holy crap is it heavy and unwieldy. That little chainsaw head goes up in weight a hell of a lot with the 3 foot extension added in. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/2/22 12:05 p.m.

TIL that the fastest vehicle powered by a Mopar Demon engine is an S197 Ford Mustang.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
3/3/22 2:27 p.m.

TIL that you can option out a Chevy spark to the tune of $24,000, more than doubling the cost of a base model car.

* All figures in Canadian dollars

Stampie
3/5/22 10:25 p.m.

TIL that seeing an LM002 in person didn't excite me the way my childhood dreams of an LM002 would.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/6/22 1:27 a.m.

TIL I'm not the shiny happy person I thought I was. I had some E36 M3 to talk about Stampie's childhood dreams & I just couldn't do it...  laugh

Edit: I blame Putt Putt...

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/6/22 9:27 a.m.

TIL that the key fob for a 2015 RAM is so well waterproofed that you can run it through the washing machine without any water intrusion l.  I also learned that I'm not as good about emptying my pants pockets before putting them in the hamper as I thought I was.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/6/22 11:31 a.m.

TIL- How to make friends with a  crow:

I'm going to try it this summer.

Stampie
3/13/22 9:36 p.m.

TIL that the rest areas on the Ohio turnpike have auto flushing toilets which is a little disconcerting if you're a stand to wipe type person.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/13/22 10:12 p.m.
Stampie said:

TIL that the rest areas on the Ohio turnpike have auto flushing toilets which is a little disconcerting if you're a stand to wipe type person.

Um...  

Okay, nevermind.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/13/22 10:24 p.m.

1: stand to wipe folks... what is wrong with you? So weird. 
2: 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/14/22 1:28 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I imagine "stand to wipe" boys deal with a lot of vertical chocolate sandwich action.

Stampie
3/14/22 6:25 a.m.

I want full access when I wipe. I don't want no seat in my way.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/14/22 6:33 a.m.

TIL that Jimi Hendrix was actually live in the picture on the cover of the Mothers' We're Only In It For The Money.  I had always assumed he was pasted in later.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
3/14/22 9:05 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Check out Gale. Very pregnant, probably with Moon.

Smoke in her hand

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/14/22 9:09 a.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Yeah, that was never lost on me.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/14/22 10:27 p.m.

TIL that rupturing the tendons in your biceps is pretty damn painful.  Also makes your arm look funny, though not in a funny "ha-ha" kind of way. 

It would be time to scrap this body out if I hadn't installed all these aftermarket parts, including a new knee this Wednesday. 

And what was I doing to tear up the bicep?  Turning a screwdriver. indecision

Stampie
3/14/22 11:45 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

Damn, I'm sorry.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/15/22 9:26 a.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

Ouch. 

It always sucks seriously injuring yourself doing mundane things... when I snapped my Achilles (hard to believe it's been like 6-7 years now) everyone who knew me assumed that it happened biking... and then looked dumbfounded when I said "No, I was pushing a car..."

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/15/22 9:31 a.m.
Karacticus said:

TIL that rupturing the tendons in your biceps is pretty damn painful.  Also makes your arm look funny, though not in a funny "ha-ha" kind of way. 

It would be time to scrap this body out if I hadn't installed all these aftermarket parts, including a new knee this Wednesday. 

And what was I doing to tear up the bicep?  Turning a screwdriver. indecision

Uggh; my boss had that happen, he was dropping a box of nails in his cart at Home Depot and when he released the box he said the tendon made a noise like a roller blind. Yech.

1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tsyQ5vcUEaDUgh51QQLFLjy8uDBTFvgTSKlAUxvFl2ZEO8qNdxwznvSsRw7t7e0y