1 2 3
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/24/20 10:33 a.m.

I've been waiting a bit so there is some content before I let you guys know that you can listen to me talk if you want to. 

The podcast is myself and Scott Robertson, a friend from One Lap and a Grid Life Touring Cup racer. We talk about about racing, of course, but we're trying to focus on the mental and emotion side of being in a car and on track. Our overlying ethos is that "How you do anything is how you do everything" and that as we become better racers we can, and do, become better people. 

You can find it on iTunes and Spotify and most places where there are podcasts by looking for Track Walking Podcast, Or, since we're part of the Slip Angle family of podcasts, you can find links to that on their site here.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/24/20 11:17 a.m.

Will be listening once I find you on my platform. 

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/24/20 11:30 a.m.

hey. Voracious podcast listener here. I see that you have released several podcasts near around the same time. When you get on a regular schedule, how often do you plan to release episodes? I find that when I have that info it makes it simple to integrate your schedule of releases into my schedule of listening. I'm always looking for new quality content related to motorized transportation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
11/24/20 11:40 a.m.

Listening to the first episode now!  Hopefully useful feedback- not sure if the sound is the same on all of the episodes, but you would be well served by a better mic setup.  You sound better in real life.  cheeky

mazdeuce - Seth
11/24/20 11:44 a.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

We release a new episode every Monday morning. We started with a release of 3 and have done one a week since then, and will continue to stick to that schedule for as long as we can. We try to stay 4-6 weeks ahead of the release schedule to make sure that we have something new every week. We have a list of topics and people to interview that extends out for over a year, so I'm hoping that we can keep going for a while. laugh

mazdeuce - Seth
11/24/20 11:45 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

It gets better, I promise. Like everything in life, the first part of being good at something is being bad at it. We nailed that with audio quality in the first few episodes. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
11/24/20 12:10 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Excellent- just finished episode 1 and moving straight along to the next one.  I like it!  If you're ever short on guests you know how to find me...

mazdeuce - Seth
11/24/20 12:13 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Excellent- just finished episode 1 and moving straight along to the next one.  I like it!  If you're ever short on guests you know how to find me...

You're on my list of people to call when we decide that we don't know things about rally and need to learn them by interviewing people. There are a TON of GRM people that I want to interview for many reasons. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/24/20 12:35 p.m.

I still haven't been able to listen to a whole episode. That 3 minute drive time to and from work makes it more difficult.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
11/24/20 12:46 p.m.

You'll figure things like sound out with some trial and error.  It took us about 6 episodes to make it better, and another 50+ before we really figured it out.  We are now at 165 somehow.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
11/25/20 6:28 a.m.

I'm at the tail end of episode 6 now and will be listening to new ones as they come out- this is good stuff.  Have to say the "how you do anything is how you do everything" theory is more true for me than I might want to admit.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/25/20 8:14 a.m.

Listened the the 1st and most of the 2nd yesterday, I have to say I enjoyed them!

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/20 10:24 a.m.

Going to listen just because i miss talking to you.

podcasts can be fun, ours ran for about 3 years but it got to be too much like work when we were getting sponsorships and having actual recognizably named guests.  Dealing with big shots like David Wallens and E36 M3 gets tiring 

mazdeuce - Seth
11/25/20 10:58 a.m.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I don't think we have any intention of making any money on this at all, we just like talking to each other and our friends and this gives us an excuse to do so. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/20 1:04 p.m.

Just finished listening to the latest episode & love it! 

paranoid_android (Forum Enabler)
paranoid_android (Forum Enabler) UberDork
11/25/20 6:14 p.m.

I haven't listened to episode 6 yet, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first five.  smiley

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
11/29/20 4:41 p.m.

I know I only met you briefly, but listening to you guys talk does make me miss talking to you. Great podcast and I'll be listening regularly.

mazdeuce - Seth
11/29/20 7:25 p.m.

In reply to white_fly :

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think we all really miss talking to and listening to our friends. Sometimes you want to have a seat at the campfire and hold a drink and listen to your friends make you laugh. Podcasts are helping to fill some of that need right now. Crossing my fingers for real campfires in 2021. 

mazdeuce - Seth
11/30/20 7:06 a.m.

This week in which Scott channels a philosopher and actual ideas while I insist it's all about buckets. laugh

apexanimal
apexanimal New Reader
12/1/20 6:06 p.m.

hi

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
12/3/20 6:27 p.m.

Hey Seth big props on the pod, binged first 4 today, really enjoyed it. 

Thanks to my job I get listen to 6-10 hours of podcast a day. I tend to stick around the same 10ish shows pretty consistently. I've tried various other car related podcast but gave up on most. 

Aside from some various Audio issues which I know are teething issues y'all have really good vibe and flow of eachother really well. A lot of new podcasters have issues where the talking doesn't feel natural and is very off puting. 

Anyways not trying to fanboi or be an annoying critic, just wanted to say I really enjoy y'all's conversations and look forward to more. Keep up the good work!!

mazdeuce - Seth
12/3/20 6:38 p.m.

In reply to Subscriber-unavailabile :

Huge thanks man. The podcast came out of the two of us naturally talking about a bunch of these topics in the time we spent together, it"s really the sort of stuff we bounce off each other and we both feel lucky to have found a friend who likes to talk. I'm glad that's coming through in the shows. 

Subscriber-unavailabile
12/3/20 6:54 p.m.

Biggest part for me on pods is how well the people communicate. Could be any topic but there's a certain feeling were the listener "feels" like part of the conversation in some weird way. 

I think an interesting idea if y'all want to entertain it, is take questions from people. Calling in would be difficult because you don't want to give out personal phone numbers, but maybe create a way people can submit questions y'all can answer during the show. Just a thought, it is your show

mazdeuce - Seth
12/3/20 7:02 p.m.

In reply to Subscriber-unavailabile :

I like that idea. I know Slip Angle has done live-ish shows where they take questions/ideas real time through a FB post and talk about them. I think we'd need some sort of critical mass of people before that would work. We'll think of something. Again, good idea. 

Subscriber-unavailabile
12/3/20 7:15 p.m.

I listed to some shows where they just read out questions from emails or from that sinister social media things. Email would be easiest. Sure just from this site y'all would get plenty. 
Here we go,

Whats the worst car y'all ever owned and why and what was the best and why?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jPbiEFub514pJoyjaw48UnLf2YJmveCG9KY2lojbzUJhKE8aG694lyLQ1HbLrMqj