lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
12/14/18 8:47 a.m.

Anyone have a promo code for Lowes that they would like to share. Looking for a general one that can be used on anything or specifically a sump pump.

The coupon sites are failing me, most (all I found) of the general ones  (10%off) dont work.

Are there any good forums dedicated to promo codes anymore or is it just the retailmenotwork sites and such ?

Thanks !

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
12/14/18 10:21 a.m.

Any veteran gets an automatic 10% discount at Lowes (find that uncle who is a vet and take him shopping with you).  Ask at the store about a discount if you sign up for a Lowes card.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/18 10:24 a.m.

Go to the post office and request a change of address form and say you will fill it out later. It will come with multiple coupons including one for Lowe's.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
12/14/18 10:26 a.m.

this works, seriously.

https://quik-coupons.com/

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
12/14/18 10:30 a.m.
EvanB said:

Go to the post office and request a change of address form and say you will fill it out later. It will come with multiple coupons including one for Lowe's.

Unfortunately that fun ended in 2016.  Unless of course they have started back up again.  I was abusing it pretty heavily when we first bought our house and was a little bummed when it went away.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/18 11:36 a.m.
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado said:
EvanB said:

Unfortunately that fun ended in 2016.  Unless of course they have started back up again.  I was abusing it pretty heavily when we first bought our house and was a little bummed when it went away.

That's unfortunate, i haven't tried it for a few years.

FooBag
FooBag GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/14/18 1:59 p.m.

https://hugeoff.com/ 

I've bought easily 30 coupons from these guys over the past 5 years. I'd never had a problem with them being honored. The Lowes codes are only good for one use, whether you get them through the post office route or by buying them.

As an added bonus, most Home Depot locations will honor the Lowes coupons, so you can use them there over and over.

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
12/14/18 3:49 p.m.

I wonder about those buy your discount sites. Think they figured out the cypher(the right word is on the tip of my tongue but is not registering) and are generating their own codes and getting them out there before the true recipient uses it?

Back in the day, I did some many windows 95/98 installs for where I worked, I started noticing the patterns.....

Looks like I am going to suck it up and just buy it..

Thanks to all for the responses.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/18 4:55 p.m.

Lowes and Amazon were giving 10% “move-in” specials last spring, FYI. I registered my change of address online so I don’t know if they’ve found a way to counteract the scammers. Require a new address and mail the coupons to the address, for example.

Those online discount sites are trash and networked. We had a rash of people contacting us asking how to use the code they’d downloaded. Thing is, we’d never offered discount codes at all at that point. The sites had just plain made one up. I contacted one and told them to knock it off and they all stopped immediately. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/18 7:01 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Any veteran gets an automatic 10% discount at Lowes (find that uncle who is a vet and take him shopping with you).  Ask at the store about a discount if you sign up for a Lowes card.

FYI veterans now need to be pre-registered with Lowe’s before they’ll honor the discount. Home Depot does not require preregistration. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/18 9:39 p.m.

Also very important fyi, when menards does their 11% rebate, if you are anywhere remotely near one Home Depot offers to match that.  I just got my first 11% hd rebate gift card the other day.  They have a special site if you search Home Depot rebate match.  

Plus lowes gives 5% off just for using lowes credit card. 

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
12/16/18 3:01 p.m.

Do you still need one?   I ended up buying a 3pk of coupons off ebay for the washer I needed this weekend.    2 still available if anyone needs

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
12/16/18 7:44 p.m.

In reply to Grtechguy :

Thanks, already pulled the trigger.  Hopefully some one else can use one. 

Thanks again  !

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/17/22 2:43 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

FYI veterans now need to be pre-registered with Lowe’s before they’ll honor the discount. Home Depot does not require preregistration. 

HD does require pre-registration, and actually requires an app downloaded to your phone to scan.

Local policies may vary.  Im just outside one of the major exits for the crosstown toll road that goes straight to MacDill, so we may have strange store policies.  I haven't shopped at mine in 4 years since they wouldn't honor the discount without me having a disability rating.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GWYYK4N8SSHZifQE2VRVSp7mgHDMRmOGjlg8svv9pHB41BGphOwiWfA7xWAiGT9w