1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/18/14 7:19 p.m.

Whaddya mean? With you building turbojets in the back yard it ain't safe now. Gameboy, they already told me my insurance won't cover that.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/18/14 7:36 p.m.

I haven't set the woods on fire in several months. Hell the police department doesn't even make their weekly visits anymore.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
8/19/14 7:12 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote:
wbjones wrote: Mike with superpowers could be a scary thing
I would have to leave the state at a minimum. I'm not even sure the east coast would be safe anymore.

just means that you'd move to the mountains a bit sooner than planned

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/31/14 12:03 p.m.

You know I'm bored bad when a trip to WalMart, the dump and pulling a few weeds in my front yard this morning are the highlights of my week... Plenty to do in the garage on the GT6 project, plenty of time, however radiation weakness plus these pain pills make me just not quite trust myself to do things right. Also I can't lift stuff due to the back fractures.

Damn.

I can't wait to get that crap fixed and get back to a semi normal schedule. But I will beat this goddamn thing!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
8/31/14 12:07 p.m.

Amen man. I got out of the house for the first time in a week today. Made me super happy.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/31/14 2:44 p.m.

Wow. What are you in for? Let me guess: 'I didn't do it'.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
8/31/14 3:21 p.m.

No, I damn sure did it. Slipped in wet grass and wound up getting bone chips removed, cartilage fixed, and a cyst filled in my ankle.

The swelling and inability to get back off the can without assistance is whats sucking the most.

Glad to see you keeping the right attitude while kicking cancer right in the daddy bags, carmugeon.

Did you try the popcorn?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/31/14 4:47 p.m.

Wow. Get better soon!

The damn nurse heard the first pops...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
8/31/14 4:53 p.m.

Damn. Guess I owe you five bucks for actually trying it.

If I need to come to Columbia after i heal and give you a hand with thegt6 id be more than happy to.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/9/14 8:11 a.m.

And today I start chemo. I gotta be here for six hours.

I'm sure I can find a way to entertain myself...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/14 8:19 a.m.

Sounds like a good time for reading books. I know if I have a backlog of books to read.

Or postwhoring

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/9/14 9:28 a.m.

I've already gotten myself on the nurse's doo doo list, by that I mean ALL the nurses are eying and whispering about me and I don't mean in a good way. Just wondering what sort of crap I can stir up next...

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Reader
9/9/14 9:37 a.m.

Ask for the complimentary sponge bath?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/9/14 10:01 a.m.

I sorta screwed any chance of that up already. I had hot salsa queso last night, preparing for today's long wait. But, being the professionals they are they have figured out where the air of distinction is coming from... damn. I shoulda thought that out all the way through.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
10/30/14 8:01 p.m.

An update: the tumors in T9 and L2 have caused me a lot of pain because the two vertebra were weak, one had partially collapsed and both had compression fractures. So the oncologist said way back when a thing called balloon kyphoplasty was probably a good idea. http://www.spineuniverse.com/resource-center/spinal-fractures/how-balloon-kyphoplasty-works

The problem was she would NOT get the damn referral done. :mad: I have been pestering the hell out of her since the first week of August, I finally had to nearly throttle her. Long story short, the neurologist took one look at my MRI and said 'sure, let's do this thing'. Got it done today, was in the hospital at 6AM and home by 4.

Holy moly, what a difference! I have been on painkillers and cooped up in the house, unable to work, since July. I can now walk without pain, no painkillers and this was nearly instantaneous. I can't lift anything heavy, max 10 pounds, doc says that's for the rest of my life but that's a small price to pay. He also says I can drive again on Saturday. I will probably be back at work next Monday, depends on how things go the next few days.

I still have to undergo more radiation and chemo, but compared to how screwed up my back was that's nothing.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/30/14 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon:

That is outstanding news!!! You need any help with the heavy lifting, give me a call.

Not sure how you are going to handle a weak back and a weak mind.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/14 8:09 p.m.

I love good news.. any good news. Glad things are starting to look up

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/30/14 8:27 p.m.

I am glad you are getting some relief.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
10/30/14 8:34 p.m.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
10/30/14 9:23 p.m.

That's fantastic news!

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo HalfDork
10/30/14 9:28 p.m.

woohoo Keep fighting!

-J0N

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
10/30/14 9:45 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: An update: the tumors in T9 and L2 have caused me a lot of pain because the two vertebra were weak, one had partially collapsed and both had compression fractures. So the oncologist said way back when a thing called balloon kyphoplasty was probably a good idea. http://www.spineuniverse.com/resource-center/spinal-fractures/how-balloon-kyphoplasty-works The problem was she would NOT get the damn referral done. :mad: I have been pestering the hell out of her since the first week of August, I finally had to nearly throttle her. Long story short, the neurologist took one look at my MRI and said 'sure, let's do this thing'. Got it done today, was in the hospital at 6AM and home by 4. Holy moly, what a difference! I have been on painkillers and cooped up in the house, unable to work, since July. I can now walk without pain, no painkillers and this was nearly instantaneous. I can't lift anything heavy, max 10 pounds, doc says that's for the rest of my life but that's a small price to pay. He also says I can drive again on Saturday. I will probably be back at work next Monday, depends on how things go the next few days. I still have to undergo more radiation and chemo, but compared to how screwed up my back was that's nothing.

does your daughter realize that she's now your crew slave for the rest of her life ?

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
10/30/14 9:47 p.m.

Good news to hear!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
10/30/14 11:56 p.m.

EXCELLENT news!!

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/31/14 12:00 a.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: EXCELLENT news!!