ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
10/4/08 7:42 a.m.

his heart better belong to jesus..

cause his a$$ belongs to his cell mate

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
10/4/08 8:03 a.m.

Funny timing that he got convicted on these charges exactly 13 years to the day after he walked on murder charges. I suppose that means his current liar, er, lawyer wasn't as good as Johnnie Cochran at misdirection. Oh, that's right: Cochran was 'just doing his job'. It's disgusting that he could walk on double murder charges yet possibly do life in prison for stealing sports memorabilia at gunpoint. What does that say about our system of 'justice'? Oh, yeah, that's right: he's out of money so the really GOOD (ha!) lawyers didn't want the case.

I guarantee that his cellmate will be looking to make a name as the first con to get some OJ booty. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/4/08 8:23 a.m.

It's always sad when bad things happen to good people.

Duke
Duke Dork
10/4/08 9:34 a.m.

Yeah, but it's freakin' hilarious when bad things happen to bad people!

Bend over, Juice!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/4/08 10:01 p.m.

I hate to say this, but a part of me thinks he got the time for killing his ex-wife, and I kinda have a problem with it. In this case everything I'd seen was somewhat sketchy and I just hope that this jury convicted him based on this trial and not a trial that occured 13 years earlier.

beaulieu
beaulieu New Reader
10/5/08 1:07 a.m.

he goes to a hotel room with friends that have a gun,

the gun was the major point

if he wanted his "stuff" back he needed to go to court and sue the guy.

Vegas is not the place to screw up , it not like Los Angeles ,

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords New Reader
10/5/08 8:42 a.m.
Wally wrote: I hate to say this, but a part of me thinks he got the time for killing his ex-wife, and I kinda have a problem with it. In this case everything I'd seen was somewhat sketchy and I just hope that this jury convicted him based on this trial and not a trial that occured 13 years earlier.

perhaps a chat with the Goldman and Brown families might make you feel better about "having a problem".

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
10/5/08 10:10 a.m.

He wrote a book called "if I did it" didn't he? Did anyone read it? I wonder if it's a confession.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
10/5/08 4:34 p.m.

Atleast this time it is not the racial mess of african americans goin round "we won, we won". tried finding a video from Chris rock on that but only found the second half of the skit

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/5/08 9:49 p.m.
ManofFewWords wrote:
Wally wrote: I hate to say this, but a part of me thinks he got the time for killing his ex-wife, and I kinda have a problem with it. In this case everything I'd seen was somewhat sketchy and I just hope that this jury convicted him based on this trial and not a trial that occured 13 years earlier.
perhaps a chat with the Goldman and Brown families might make you feel better about "having a problem".

Not really, he still wasn't punished for what he did to their families, so I don't see how this would bring them any kind of solace.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
10/5/08 9:57 p.m.

Gonna go with Wally on this. I believe in the sanctity of our legal system. I want it to protect the rights and liberty of the innocent, even if that means a guilty person is occasionally let free.

Part of our legal system is that you can not be tried twice for the same crime.

Even if he was guilty of his previous crimes, he is presumed innocent until proven otherwise, under our justice system.

Of course, Al Capone went to prison for tax evasion, and they threw the book at him for that.

Now, I do think both men were/are scumbags who got what they deserved. But I would rather preserve the integrity and protection of our justice system if it means sacrificing retribution.

SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
10/6/08 11:07 a.m.

The Juice shoulda dug up Johhny and fallen back on the:

Chewbaca defense!

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords New Reader
10/6/08 4:53 p.m.

ugh. this makes me sick. I hope he rots in jail.

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords New Reader

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords New Reader

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Member
10/6/08 5:36 p.m.

How many times can you be sick before you die?

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
10/6/08 9:59 p.m.
Tommy Suddard wrote: How many times can you be sick before you die?

And why does ManofFewWords repeat himself?

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
10/7/08 6:47 a.m.
Salanis wrote: ... he is presumed innocent until proven otherwise, under our justice system.

Not in the US justice system. The burden of proof of innocence is typically placed on you.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
10/7/08 7:55 a.m.
billy3esq wrote:
Tommy Suddard wrote: How many times can you be sick before you die?
And why does ManofFewWords repeat himself?

Guess he's really Man of Many Words.

I disagree with foxtrapper; if the burden of proof of innocence were really on the defendant, OJ would have sat in the slammer all during his first trial. Instead, he was out walking the streets.

That doesn't mean I like the system of 'justice' we have. It rewards those with lots of money and low morals and encourages people to not accept responsibility for their actions but rather to hire the slimiest mouthpiece they can find to get them off the hook.

And no I don't have any ideas of anything better to replace it with.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iB6BMgIn3oqgYnAICm5QNcSuFJqDR8AAmwxdXDAiN5jECRTdjJVg5a0fzwRDPjtR