NVHEngr
NVHEngr New Reader
3/22/10 12:07 p.m.

Does anybody know where I can rent a Porsche or something like that for my wedding day? I have looked all around, but nothing exists in Indiana. If I lived in Vegas, or LA, I would have unlimited options.

I put an ad on CL, but all I got back was spam and people that wanted $300 to rent a 2006 Dodge Charger.

I went to the local Porsche club site, but I haven't received any takers on a rental for a few hours.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Josh
pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
3/22/10 12:41 p.m.

Location would help...

mtn
mtn SuperDork
3/22/10 12:42 p.m.

Indianapolis.

I'm pretty sure Chicago would have something, only 4 hours away.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/22/10 12:42 p.m.

He's in Indianapolis IN according to his profile

Kramer
Kramer HalfDork
3/22/10 12:58 p.m.

Check with the car rental places (Hertz, etc). There is (was?) a Hertz-model Corvette available.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/22/10 1:01 p.m.

For our wedding, we went through a local rental service and used a 1932 Packard. It was awesome! Granted it came with a driver, but I didn't want to drive at that point anyway. If you're willing to be driven, you should be able to find a rental service that has some cool options.

mw
mw Reader
3/22/10 1:17 p.m.
Kramer wrote: Check with the car rental places (Hertz, etc). There is (was?) a Hertz-model Corvette available.

I thought it was a hertz model Mustang. The GT-H?

NVHEngr
NVHEngr New Reader
3/22/10 1:19 p.m.

The Packard would be pretty cool. I might have to try something like that.

I looked at all the rental places and they offer nothing in the Indy area. I might try to call them tonight just to make sure their site was correct.

81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/22/10 1:31 p.m.

There is a classic car museum in Canton Ohio that rents cars for weddings, it would not hurt giving any local ones a call to see if they do the same.

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
3/22/10 1:38 p.m.

If I were closer I'd let you use my classic mini for free (just don't wreck it!).

Marty!
Marty! HalfDork
3/22/10 1:50 p.m.

When I got married (5 years ago) we rented a Jag from Hertz. All I see now that might come close is a Mercedes.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
3/22/10 3:33 p.m.

I lent my Miata out to my neice for her wedding (shown here.)
My wife and I had used it as well years earlier.

alex
alex Dork
3/22/10 3:35 p.m.

Local clubs may be a good bet, but you may want to broaden your search outside of P-cars if you're not too picky about the marque. MG owners are a nice group of folks.

4eyes
4eyes Reader
3/22/10 3:39 p.m.

Obviously your family doesn't do to wedding cars what my family does. Think limburger down the defroster vents.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/22/10 3:55 p.m.

Try here?

google exotic car rental indianapolis - should bring up a few options.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
3/22/10 4:16 p.m.

My brother in law and sister drove off from their wedding in my 16v Challenge Rabbit, doing a burnout. It was awesome.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/22/10 4:40 p.m.
mw wrote:
Kramer wrote: Check with the car rental places (Hertz, etc). There is (was?) a Hertz-model Corvette available.
I thought it was a hertz model Mustang. The GT-H?

IIRC they've taken those out of circulation. I upgraded the standard Mustang to a GT-H convertible once. Quite liked it but boy, had it been abused. It also seemed to leak fumes into the cabin which made my wife car sick (she never gets sick in the car) and got me the mother of all migraines (three days, no less).

Hertz was pretty good at sorting it out though and we got a leak-free one quickly. They rock, blasting down South from Monterrey on Hwy 1 on a sunny day for a superb burger lunch in Big Sur.

The Corvette ZHZ is current in their inventory. I had one last year and as long as you can live with driving around in an overgrown bumble bee they're a lot of fun. At least in the Florida sun, that paint job makes a GT-H look subtle.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
3/22/10 6:03 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: Quite liked it but boy, had it been abused.
P.J. O'Rourke said: there’s a lot of debate on this subject—about what kind of car handles best. Some say a front-engined car; some say a rear-engined car. I say a rented car. Nothing handles better than a rented car. You can go faster, turn corners sharper, and put the transmission into reverse while going forward at a higher rate of speed in a rented car than in any other kind
ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
3/23/10 5:13 a.m.

We had a Rolls-Royce, through a business friend. Honestly, I didn't have any interest in driving us away from the church. It was nice to have someone else to do it. The car owner was dressed sort of like a modern mobster, which added to the effect.

I too would offer up my Mini and a few hours to make someone's wedding better.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
3/23/10 6:27 a.m.

We left the church in my brother in law's Jeep. Decorations were impressive, including a piñata hanging from the roll bar.

NVHEngr
NVHEngr New Reader
3/23/10 6:42 a.m.

A mini would be awesome. Her parents are MINI freaks. They have been looking for a classic, but haven't found the one they like.

Her Dad has a 89 Corvette that is in perfect condition, so I think we might go with that.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/23/10 1:21 p.m.

when my wife's brother got married they were in his best man's dad's 1934 auburn and i had half the other people from the wedding party in my 54 chevy.

at our wedding we used the 54 and the chevelle.

njansenv
njansenv Reader
3/23/10 3:08 p.m.

My wife and I borrowed my parents Miata.
2 weeks prior to that, I rented a black Hertz mustang and Black CTS for a wedding couple (Mustang) and bridal party (CTS). They were a big hit, and it wasn't too difficult to find a rental company willing to lock down a "black only" Cadillac. (We wanted matching cars...so what!)

Nathan

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/6/14 1:37 p.m.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
3/6/14 1:55 p.m.

http://www.antiquelimoofindy.com/ (old limos)

http://www.globallimos.com/limousine-service-indianapolis.html exotic rental

http://www.tomwoodrental.com/luxury-rental.htm

http://www.findexotic.com/c/1512_Indianapoliscarrental.htm

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k27q4YpWJZ9sdy4LLKhaFaTLWNLX1XUjsMSpdMJZe8Vk7XJP7rpadicF8ildD6BI