PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
7/1/22 8:28 a.m.

Hey friends. Very long time no post.

You may remember me from such posts as "How do I live on virtually no money" and...lots of other stuff really. 

I joined this forum when I was 18 and here I am pushing 40 with teenagers of my own. It's been an eventful 5+ years since I really posted anything. Life took me on a route that didn't really have a place for playing with cars.

While I'll always bleed scarlet and gray I've long departed the great state of Ohio. I spent a quick half decade in Charleston, SC. A great place to vacation but not really my jam for long term living. While there I landed an excellent job at a local software company after years and years of retail work. Turns out, I'm really good at it too. Once COVID hit I became a permanently remote employee which leads me to where I am now.

After over a decade of dreaming of a house in the country we finally closed on a place in southern Virginia last week. Sandwiched between Martinsville speedway and VIR with mountain views from the front porch, life is good.

After crashing my Scion XD on the stretch of hell known as 526 in Charleston I landed in an automatic 2012 Focus which was..... transportation. Good lord do those autotragics suck. Last year I traded that in for my rational dream car, a one owner 2017 Focus ST. It's berkeleying rad. The only modification I've done so far is to install the loudest BOV I could find.

Once we dump $10 or $20k getting the house up to snuff it's long past time to start playing with cars again and I cannot wait.

It's good to be back.

Welcome back!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/1/22 8:56 a.m.

Welcome back! 

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
7/1/22 8:59 a.m.

Love it when old users come back.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/1/22 9:07 a.m.

Hey, I remember you!  Glad to hear things are working out so well for you.

Good to have you back.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
7/1/22 9:32 a.m.

Welcome back fellow class of pre-2008 old forum member.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/22 9:46 a.m.

Welcome back.  As a native but no longer Charlestonian the biggest problem is they haven't expanded the road infrastructure to match the expanding population.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/1/22 9:50 a.m.

welcome back! I assume you don't have the blue ls400 any more. I had a few more then sold all my lexuses over time. I added two kids and a giant suburban house and yard which means car playing time is greatly reduced. But I do have a giant shop now so what time I do spend can be on whatever I want. I hope the house in the country works out I've often fantasized about that. We've got 3.5 acres where we're at (in the city!) but a hundred or more would be ideal.

Sorry to hear you're not close to us any more but I'm not sure Ohio being in the rear view mirror is a bad thing these days. Ahh well.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
7/1/22 9:55 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

The Lexus was a trooper but has since moved on to new owners. It actually served incredibly dutifully as my DD during an absurdly difficult time in my life so a very late and huge thanks for that. I still lust after the ls400's when I see them to this day so I blame you for that.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/1/22 10:00 a.m.

Hell, yeah, dude.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/22 10:43 a.m.

Glad to see you back!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/1/22 11:53 a.m.

Good to see you again. Many of us are still here. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/22 12:48 p.m.
dculberson said:

So close.

Well, hello there.

General Kenobi.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
7/1/22 1:24 p.m.

Welcome back!

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
7/1/22 2:44 p.m.

Welcome back! 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/1/22 4:10 p.m.

Hey man, welcome back!  I'm still in Ohio, and probably will be for the foreseeable future.  Good to hear that things are going well.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/1/22 5:12 p.m.

Yes, totally welcome back. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dDpdGBIH9PlhUYcq0WUyWjcvctuwwYnL2B32ZrOTRmMsXgCsjZjoktO8KqsRDkoI