1 2 3
einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/1/22 6:56 p.m.

Alfa ... when will your memoirs be available for our reading enjoyment ?!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/1/22 7:02 p.m.
eastpark said:

Congratulations! 
Great timing! April 29 was my last day too. I retired after 42 years. It'll take a while for this to sink in. 

Cheers, Paul 

Congratulations!!!  That's huge!  

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/1/22 7:03 p.m.
einy (Forum Supporter) said:

It might be ok if you have insomnia.  

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/3/22 2:38 p.m.

Quick revival, but as of now, my wife just retired after 30 years at her work.   Now we are both free!  

Pretty cool.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/3/22 2:44 p.m.

Congratulations! Find something fun to do and stay busy!

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/3/22 4:28 p.m.
alfadriver said:

Quick revival, but as of now, my wife just retired after 30 years at her work.   Now we are both free!  

Pretty cool.

That is such a blessing. My daughter has been having a lot of fun with both sets of her retired grandparents together. If you are a grandparent, I hope you have some of that in your future smiley

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/3/22 4:49 p.m.
bluej (Forum Supporter) said:
alfadriver said:

Pretty cool.

That is such a blessing. My daughter has been having a lot of fun with both sets of her retired grandparents together. If you are a grandparent, I hope you have some of that in your future smiley

This is a reminder to save for all young parents out there. If you think that your kids will have kids, and if you want to be involved with them, it is much easier if you're retired. My in-laws did not save very well for retirement. They'll likely be working until they die or on disability, or close to it. My parents, despite living 45 minutes away, see much more of my daughter. They'll watch her on average 2-3 times a week. My in-laws easily could have been retired by now.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/3/22 5:11 p.m.
bluej (Forum Supporter) said:
alfadriver said:

Pretty cool.

That certainly won't happen- we are not parents.  But I appreciate the thoughts- we've learned over the last two years of WFH that we are good just living together all of the time.  Can go visit our nieces and nephew who live in various places.

First trip is this weekend, our new camping hobby.

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/3/22 9:21 p.m.

Sounds great, whatever family means for you guys cool

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/3/22 9:46 p.m.

Congratulations Alfa and Mrs Alfa. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/3/22 9:50 p.m.

Congratulations. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/4/22 9:45 a.m.
alfadriver said:
einy (Forum Supporter) said:

It might be ok if you have insomnia.  

You might be surprised at how many folks would like to read about the inner workings and thought processes behind automotive emissions engineering. It might be a book Bentley would publish. 

Congrats on both of you reaching retirement!

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/22 2:18 p.m.

Best wishes on the next phase in your life!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
egm7rHXtmIMnsiQxdFO7ynNupUyjY9xZtooirshpHQODCkJIYzIBzfbQBrtCLsdd