1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27
java230
java230 UberDork
5/3/20 9:09 p.m.

Wife says this is good, it's cheap too? 

Plus body work in the background for automotive content. 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
5/8/20 7:24 p.m.

Happy Friday folks.

8.2% ABV

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
mjrj (Forum Supporter) New Reader
5/8/20 10:42 p.m.

Not very strong just 4.2% abv.  I do have some Pliny and a Lagunitas that is some mango concoction that are a lot stronger than this.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/20 11:37 p.m.
Gary said:

Happy Friday folks.

(Ommegang)

8.2% ABV

Their Three Philosophers is one of my favs.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/20 11:40 p.m.

I was puttering around in the garage during the GRM chat and managed to get half in the bag.

This is dangerous stuff. Very fruit forward, without being too sweet.

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
5/9/20 12:03 a.m.

I ran out of Olympia.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
5/15/20 2:53 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) said:
Gary said:

Happy Friday folks.

(Ommegang)

8.2% ABV

Their Three Philosophers is one of my favs.

Thank you Brett. I picked up a four-pack at one of my usual local go-to liquor stores. laugh

And just coincidentally, it's Friday. So in the spirit of the OP, I'm still trying to keep this thread going with the hope we can entice him to post again someday. Today is May 15. Here in SoNE, it's not wise to plant annuals before this date because there could be a frost. So today we bought some annuals and put them all in. Now it's time for my reward.

P.S. Holy crap Brett, this is 9.7 ABV! This should be called Ommegawd. I'm on my second twelve oz., and I'm getting very philosophical. As a former home-brewer in the eighties and nineties, I pronounce this to be very good. IMHO of course.

P.P.S. I needed to sober up after two twelves of the Ommegawd, so I've moved on to a glass of Bordeaux (at 13% devil). I'm very pissed at myself that I broke my very special and favorite wine glass last night. This one will have to suffice until I can source a proper replacement. Cheers folks. Happy Friday. (And thank you TruGreen for the great carpet).

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
5/15/20 8:18 p.m.

Happy Friday All!  Having a yummy Olmegang Imperial brown ale with maple syrup and fenugreek 9.4% goodness.

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/15/20 8:24 p.m.

In reply to mjrj (Forum Supporter) :

My local dive bar has had cocktails, Pliny, and 12 packs of Oly available for pickup. Just the essentials, of course. 

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
5/15/20 11:19 p.m.

7.7% abv.  Made with mango juice and mosaic hops.  Tastes good.

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/16/20 8:17 a.m.
java230 said:

Wife says this is good, it's cheap too? 

Plus body work in the background for automotive content. 

Two of my (young adult) children have decided they like red wine.  This means either my budget changes, or my consumption patterns change.  I’ve found quite a few Portuguese red blends for less than $10 CDN that are more than acceptable — including Terra Boa, LAB, and Julia F (something, bottle is gone).  

Inexpensive reds are easy to find in Spain and Italy, but they don’t seem so easy to find in Ontario liquor stores.  Thank goodness for Portugal.  

java230
java230 UberDork
5/16/20 8:50 a.m.

In reply to ZOO (Forum Supporter) :

Costco! $7 ish a bottle. Luckily we have found some good cheap ones. 

Trader Joe's Moon XX point is REALLY good. 

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/16/20 3:15 p.m.
java230 said:

In reply to ZOO (Forum Supporter) :

Costco! $7 ish a bottle. Luckily we have found some good cheap ones. 

Trader Joe's Moon XX point is REALLY good. 

Costco isn't allowed to sell beer and wine in Ontario :(.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
5/22/20 4:05 p.m.

Happy Friday! Belhaven Ale. Nice and malty and virtually no hops. And it has the nitro widget inside, as you can see from the great smooth creamy head. And who doesn't like good head?

For my next act, Ommegang Saison Ale. More good head, but a bit rocky, which is not a problem. I don't get this with my usual Miller Lite. This is really a treat for me. (Miller Lite only because we've been on a low carb diet for 2 1/2 years. But recently I've been loosening up on that because there are so many good high carb beers out there that I need to try. It's all in moderation).

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
5/22/20 4:22 p.m.

A successful cam swap calls for an adult beverage.  Very nice Bell Bright White.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/22/20 6:44 p.m.
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to mjrj (Forum Supporter) :

My local dive bar has had cocktails, Pliny, and 12 packs of Oly available for pickup. Just the essentials, of course. 

Hi cmcgregor,

By "Oly" do you mean Olympia beer?

I just read the Wiki for Olympia and it looks like the rights were purchased by a California based company...I live in California and I have not seen the product on shelves.

I spent the summer after graduating high school driving around Oregon and Washington.  I toured the original Olympia factory and bought a really nice beer stein using the credit card my dad lent me for "emergency use only".  He was pi$$ed but it was the only thing I used his card for the whole summer and I have the beer stein prominently displayed to this day so...

Anyway, I would really enjoy an Oly or six right now especially if it was old school with those 1970's pull off tabs that you toss on the beach causing everyone to cut their feet on; good times, good times.        

Gary
Gary UltraDork
5/22/20 8:33 p.m.

So now, moving on, I'm drinking a Super Tuscan. This bottle came with a take-out meal from Fresco's, West Warwick, last Monday. I opened it tonight. Not bad.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/22/20 8:51 p.m.
Gary said:time for my reward.

P.S. Holy crap Brett, this is 9.7 ABV! This should be called Ommegawd. I'm on my second twelve oz., and I'm getting very philosophical. As a former home-brewer in the eighties and nineties, I pronounce this to be very good. IMHO of course.

Oh no, it is very good as a point of objective fact, no opinions.  smiley  One of my favorite beers, although I cannot fathom drinking two 12 ounce bottles... usually I would buy one of their pint bottles and share it with a friend.

This post brought to you by Beefeater and Cotton Club tonic water.  Because  I haven't seen NY Seltzer tonic water since the 90s and I am afraid to find out why

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
5/22/20 8:58 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

Yes!  I have found Olympia at Total Wine in the bay area.  They carry it at a location I pass on the way home.  Same location does not carry Lone Star though.  Have to go somewhere else for that.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/5/20 5:57 p.m.

Happy Friday. We're at the bar at Aquilante's. First time since early March. Louie Martini California Cabernet in my glass. California Chardonnay in Annie's glass.

Pic taken by Bartender Paul through the plexi shield. 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/5/20 6:00 p.m.

Now home on our patio. I've opened a bottle of Cotes du Rhone.

After breaking my last Bordeaux wine glass a couple weeks ago, Annie ordered a new set of six, not unbreakable, but supposed to be shatterproof. Finest Cherman glassware. We'll see about shatterproof.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/6/20 6:30 p.m.

BUT LATER

Aviation Gin is best gin

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/6/20 6:41 p.m.

Aviation is REALLY good Gin. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/6/20 8:17 p.m.

Fell flat on my ass riding one of Evan's bikes in the backyard.

Yeah, that is enough gin.  even though 1992 era Deore LX Kona mountain bike.

REALLY hope no dog poop on my clothes

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/6/20 8:30 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

That's the problem with gin. You can drink an obscene amount of it and still feel in control, regardless of whether or not you really are. There's at least one Ikea dresser in my home that's fallen victim to that. 

1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bkd2eoIxJuRglLqZUaK5bGrGgAcefKRdLDR6pA3Px8yzQVW7IGfz0Zv2dBk4TAXj