Gary
Gary UberDork
4/8/22 3:16 p.m.

Happy Friday.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
4/8/22 9:16 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

No pics but my bride of 30 years and I enjoyed our evening cocktails on the back deck roughly 20 miles north of where I believe you’re located.  Happy Friday to you as well! 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/8/22 9:24 p.m.

I'm a bottle of wine into the night.  Fortunately, not going anywhere tomorrow thanks to the weather. 

I took a different route this evening, with some edibles to help relax after a long week.

Gary
Gary UberDork
5/27/22 7:32 p.m.

Happy Friday from the veranda at the Hilltop House B&B in Amenia, NY. Annie and I are here for the Lime Rock Trans-Am this weekend. Well, I'm here for Lime Rock. Annie will be doing other things while I'm indulging in car things. Lime Rock is about 15 miles from here.

Update ... and now we're indoors in this beautifully-restored 1909 Shingle Style/Craftsman Style house:

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/27/22 7:32 p.m.

Pouring my second gin and tonic now.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
5/27/22 9:18 p.m.

First island cocktails of the season ( we just got done unloading the boat).  We love screen porch time!  G&T for the bride and some Redemption Rye for me  

Gary
Gary UberDork
5/28/22 8:25 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

This is uncanny!

Your bride in a screened porch:

My bride in a screened porch:

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
5/30/22 10:15 a.m.

It's five oclock somewhere!

P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff)
P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff) GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/30/22 10:39 a.m.
mikeatrpi said:

Love me some Flying Monkeys beer

Gary
Gary UberDork
5/30/22 3:56 p.m.
mikeatrpi said:

I see that you're in the outfield at LRP. I was there this weekend. If I'd known, we coulda had a beer or two and talked cars and racing.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/22 4:53 p.m.
mikeatrpi said:

That is absolutely the best viewing spot at LRP. 

I would have been right there today, had I not gotten completely sunbaked at a two day soccer tournament on Saturday and Sunday. 

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
5/30/22 6:39 p.m.

Flying Monkey was in the discount bin at the Thrifty.  September wasn't that long ago; still tasted good to me.

It was a good day of racing - HOT - but the breeze really helped.  Dyson pulled off a 49sec lap for qualifying?!  

Perhaps I'll run into some of you at the next major

Gary
Gary UberDork
6/10/22 4:14 p.m.

Happy Friday folks. Just finished trimming shrubs and mowing the lawn. Time for a nice reward:

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/22 7:42 p.m.
Gary
Gary UberDork
7/15/22 6:11 p.m.

Happy Friday folks! I'm enjoying a glass of wine on our deck.  Beautiful weather here in Southern New England (SoNE laugh).

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/22 6:56 p.m.

Ummmmmm Beeeeerrrrrrrr

Amazon.com: Homer Simpson got beer? TV POSTER Art Print 23x35: Posters ...

Gary
Gary UberDork
8/12/22 2:47 p.m.

Happy Friday!

Great "lawn mower" beer. Low ABV. Right amount of hops. Excellent thirst quencher. 

Addendum ... from dinner this evening at "85 Main" in Putnam, CT:

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/12/22 9:42 p.m.

Gary, y'alls galavaniting up and down RI, Mass, Conn are much sought after experiences....considering I was there back in the late 1990's......woof the Newport Jazz Fest was the bomb.... would you please stop with these local brews.....I wish there was a way.........thank yu for sharing 

Gary
Gary UberDork
11/12/22 1:05 a.m.

We'll, it's been awhile since we've done a post here. Annie and I are in Palm Springs, SoCal. We're staying at a small place off Palm Canyon Drive called the Coyote Inn. Our friends next door gave us a half bottle of Evan Williams bourbon that the last occupants of their room left them, but they didn't want. So, Voila. (And it's still Friday here). And of course, this post ain't worth E36 M3 without pics:

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/14/22 4:53 p.m.

Cotes du Rhone is my new favorite wine.  At our son's last meeting in NYC, they wheeled out 16 pallets of wine, anything here $2/bottle.

OK.  Little more body than a Cab, not quite a Malbec.

jwagner (Forum Supporter)
jwagner (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/14/22 8:30 p.m.

@914 - you might like the $8 Costco Cote du Rhone.  It's not high end stuff, but very drinkable for the low price.

You guys have me headed downstairs to raid the fridge for a been now...

Gary
Gary UberDork
11/14/22 11:35 p.m.
914Driver said:

Cotes du Rhone is my new favorite wine.  At our son's last meeting in NYC, they wheeled out 16 pallets of wine, anything here $2/bottle.

OK.  Little more body than a Cab, not quite a Malbec.

Cotes du Rhone is one of my favorites. Like Bordeaux, not always available. When I see it at restaurants, I order it. When I see it in a store, I stock up on it. In Southern New England, New York, and the Mid-Atlantic areas, look for Cotes du Rhone imported by Monsieur Touton. They tend to be the better ones. And very reasonably priced.

Gary
Gary UberDork
12/2/22 7:55 p.m.

Another Friday. Happy weekend everyone. Woody, this wine is for you!

It's very good wine, as is most wine from Lodi. This was from our trip to Palm Springs the past three weeks. Home now, but I drank a lot of this wine there. Can't find it here back in RI though. Tonight I'm drinking a Bordeaux imported by Monsieur Touton.

1 ... 24 25 26 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AnvoCapEIjegkVUnEjCzSXUKduFI3Ri7RJqUTqcK96xr6wwxgVM8xkNliXoB4GLH