1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
12/9/16 4:06 p.m.

Mine is an image that served as the inspiration for the $2015 Challenge Aristocrats Class award and class insignia. An award that I both designed and won.

trucke
trucke Dork
12/9/16 4:15 p.m.

Mine is a pen and ink caricature drawing of me autocrossing my FX16. It was created in 1992 by Scott Housel to use as my tagline for articles I wrote when I served as Director of the North Carolina Autocross Championship series.

Scott and his wife are still active in autocross. I believe Scott is the VP of Finance for Hendrick Automotive.

einy
einy Reader
12/9/16 4:15 p.m.

Mine is something that I'd like to try to create when I learn to weld!

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
12/9/16 4:35 p.m.

Self explanatory. Or it should be at least it should be.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/9/16 4:35 p.m.

In reply to Ian F:

What's funny is that you and I independently had that same avatar for a while. Mine was a GIF I made - about once every 30 seconds he clenched his left hand.

Current avatar is in honor of the (I believe unlicensed, illegal alien) truck driver who overturned a truckload of bees not far from my neighborhood a year or two ago.

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/16 4:45 p.m.

What is my avatar?

I cut some loop to resolve an NVH issue on a CTS-V and decided to grow a 'stache and goatee on the test drive. I word that motherberkeleyer all day.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
12/9/16 5:08 p.m.

I was surprised nobody had mine already, so I dusted it off and nailed it up.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/9/16 5:10 p.m.

In reply to Huckleberry:

Brown chicken brown cow!

AngryCorvair
12/9/16 5:14 p.m.

In reply to Gary:

That is berkeleying cool!

AngryCorvair
12/9/16 5:18 p.m.

Mine is the angriest Corvair I have ever owned, a '66 monza convertible sporting a mid-mounted 327 SBC with Vortec heads, 4-speed trans, posi diff, and Penske tribute livery. 16th overall at the $2004 Challenge.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
12/9/16 5:21 p.m.

Mmmm.... beeeeer...

NickD
NickD Dork
12/9/16 5:21 p.m.

Mine is pretty obvious. It is my much beloved '90 Miata (also known as Project Barbatos) the first year I was autocrossing, when I was running in N-STS, with stock sway bars, terrible Tokico Blues and mystery springs on 205-series ZII Star Specs, which resulted in hilarious body roll

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
12/9/16 5:33 p.m.
Jumper K. Balls wrote: https://www.youtube.com/embed/cmbroTX6ZZM?list=PLm0y9hdwXwg6SB8LqqvNIWTFtwGcUiVXC Just an album I have loved since it came out

Back in the day, I bought DtLCtH on cassette tape. Did you know that depending on weather you bought on CD, tape or vinyl dictated your bonus track?

Here are all 3 versions

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/9/16 5:38 p.m.

Mine is my MG. Because everything is better with DTM inspired boxflares on a British roadster with Japanese running gear. Even my Avatar

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
12/9/16 5:53 p.m.

Mine? Oh..just in the stockades in Salem, Mass for a bit. no story I can repeat.

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
12/9/16 6:07 p.m.

Its a cropped fan art of Sonoshee McLaren, a character from the anime movie Redline. I like the movie enough to own 3 Blu-ray releases of it; Japanese Collectors edition, UK Collectors edition, and US standard edition (because that's all we got...after a 1/2 year wait).

Redline Special Trailer

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/9/16 6:19 p.m.

That's Maxwell and Wedge. My wife's car and mine. Get the names yet?

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/9/16 6:25 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: Does anyone else picture Woody looking like his avatar in real life?
Mines just a pic of me. OK no it isn't. Mine is Danger Mouse. For those of you too young to know who he is, he's the greatest super hero spy ever. James Bond, Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer or any other JB you can think of all aspire to be him. I think you got the cartoon over here in the 80's as well, but some of the voices were changed over here. Stiletto Mafiosa (the henchman of the main antagonist Silas Greenback) had a brilliant Italian accent for us, I've been told that was too offensive for PC America so he had a cockney accent instead which is lame. P.S. He's Brit as well in case you failed to notice and I like the flag with him and his faithful sidekick Penfold who is in truth closer to my personality. Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/embed/X1Uh7_ldmTk I had this one for a while after head butting a nail while rebuilding the roof on the car port of my rental. Some liked it, some were freaked out by it so I went back to DM.

Holy CRAP. It never clicked for me that it was danger mouse. I LOVED that show when I was little. Thanks for the reminder :)

In light of my avatar, apparently I've got a thing for 80's/90's shows w/ silly tech. It's just a pic I came across some years ago and liked.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
12/9/16 6:31 p.m.

Kinda the way I feel that my projects treat me. "You are going to enjoy this even if it hurts"

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
12/9/16 6:33 p.m.

My mom is Scottish, it's her family's tartan. i have a couple kilts of it, one made by that family's kilt making company in Scottland. I guess they make kilts. And really good haggis, from what I hear from people who know haggis. Yes, they appear to be a Scottish stereotype.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
12/9/16 6:40 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote:
Jumper K. Balls wrote: https://www.youtube.com/embed/cmbroTX6ZZM?list=PLm0y9hdwXwg6SB8LqqvNIWTFtwGcUiVXC Just an album I have loved since it came out
Back in the day, I bought DtLCtH on cassette tape. Did you know that depending on weather you bought on CD, tape or vinyl dictated your bonus track? Here are all 3 versions

I did know this. I have/had all three formats. For some reason I wound up owning "dim the lights" by the Shadowy men and "blonder and blonder" by the Muffs on all three in the 90's

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
12/9/16 6:43 p.m.

Mine is my '68 Corvair Monza.

pres589
pres589 UberDork
12/9/16 6:47 p.m.

Mine is a picture of a VFR. Not my VFR, because that would be boring, but some other VFR. I really want to fix my stupid VFR.

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
12/9/16 7:02 p.m.

Mine is Spencer. My youngest daughter's first horse. He's retired now and living in our east paddock but still gets used for the occasional trail ride. The fact that my kids have multiple horses tells me that I haven't really prepared them well for the realities of life.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
12/9/16 7:09 p.m.

Just a piston's eye view of a Slant Six cylinder and combustion chamber.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bnilDspW5Gw9uJjypJ3rboB7LL6qCOm2KsV5Q9NlEta6TIEkOPApZYZhMMRX8V9P