1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
12/10/16 11:09 a.m.

In reply to Knurled:

So that's what bridge ports are! That's cool.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/10/16 11:33 a.m.

In reply to Knurled:

I always saw that as the front 3/4 view of a Volkswagen hood.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/10/16 11:54 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

Can't unsee.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/10/16 12:20 p.m.
Woody wrote:
paranoid_android74 wrote:
Appleseed wrote: I only can imagine the confusion if I ever changed it.
Good Lord does that screw me up when avatars change!
I was seriously bummed when Wally stopped using the MegaBus guy.

I forget why I changed it. I look more like megabus guy but can relate to the robot filled with garbage churning way at a pointless task for too long.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

I used to watch Danger Mouse every night.

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer SuperDork
12/10/16 12:42 p.m.

Mine is because I am old. Favorite band as a kid and cool car.

CLH
CLH GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/10/16 1:21 p.m.

I work for Starbucks IT. Back in 2009 we sponsored a GT3 in the Patrón GT3 Challenge. We had it wrapped in Starbucks Doubleshot livery for the season. Before the season started they brought the car by HQ for a visit. We (the IT group) were represented on the front fenders.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
12/10/16 6:20 p.m.

<----- First "fun" car as an adult, after years of boring family trucksters.

johnnie
johnnie Reader
12/10/16 6:41 p.m.

Mine is the Pink Panther smoking a cigarette in a cigarette holder. The Pink Panther Show was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid. I typically change avatars fairly often, dunno what will be next.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/10/16 7:08 p.m.

Mine is grilled mac and cheese sandwiches in tomato soup. I like food.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
12/10/16 7:12 p.m.
T.J. wrote: Mine is something I made years ago while bored at work. It is the standard avatar for people who do not have an avatar, but modified to look like a photo The_Jed once posted of himself. I just took the placeholder avatar, put him in a wife beater and gave him a scowling face. The avatar pic is a lot grumpier than I am in real life. I'm not sure if I can even make a face like that. Here is the pic from The_Jed's profile that inspired my avatar: (On reflection, I think he once posted a pic of himself wearing a wife beater and that this pic is a later version.)(I don't know, I've had this damn picture as my avatar for years at this point.)

Look at the schnoz on that guy!

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
12/10/16 7:16 p.m.

<-- Oddball, of course. I try to be positive and laid back like good old OddBall.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
12/10/16 8:19 p.m.

In reply to The_Jed:

Woofwoofwoof!

edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
12/10/16 8:23 p.m.

Mine is a pic of my truck that I owned in Australia. I sold it as I no longer live there and there is no way I could import it to the US and legally use it

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
12/10/16 8:33 p.m.

Mine is obviously my 1970 Opel GT.
My dad gave the car to me after he taught my youngest sister how engines work with it. Bought from the first owner's daughter which is my other sisters best friend. Known the car since new. I restored it, only work farmed out was the paint. Even made and sewed the interior.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
12/10/16 9:17 p.m.

My Mazda2, rest in peace.
The car that got me back into cars.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/10/16 9:21 p.m.

I drink, smoke and dislike people.

Edit: episode 1 for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/uDCZmuo8Ws4

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/10/16 9:34 p.m.

Mine is my Miata at Laguna Seca, not all that interesting. :)

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/10/16 9:59 p.m.

I have a habit of writing things when people leave me alone with letters. I have rearranged many an aisle at michaels or hobby lobby. This one was sort of high up at a baby store. It stayed like that for close to a year.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
12/10/16 10:51 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

I always thought that was from Father Ted.

Father Ted

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/10/16 11:43 p.m.

Guess

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
12/11/16 1:26 a.m.

That was my childhood growing up in Northern Ontario Canada

RossD wrote: You read the title. Mine? Its our family cabin in the Nicolet National Forest in Wisconsin. No running water, no grid power, no phone and barely cell signal. Its a great place to recharge the human battery, though. Please share your story.
MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
12/11/16 1:32 a.m.

Mine is an old Zebra I had.

Pushrod
Pushrod New Reader
12/11/16 6:15 a.m.

I've been using this pic of Lucy, our Cornish Rex, as an avatar for some time now. It's now a memorial of sorts as she passed away in August. I miss her too much to change it anytime soon.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
12/11/16 7:58 a.m.

Mine is Eleanor. The real one, not that overstyled abortion that Nicholas Cage drove in a CGI movie that had nothing to do with the original. (Bitter? Me? Noooo).

Toby Halicki pretty much lived the life I would probably have chosen for myself. Self-made millionaire, cars galore, biggest toy collection in the world, and made a movie that had no purpose other than to be the best car chase ever filmed. Bonus points for using a Mustang, my favorite car. The original Gone In 60 Seconds and everything about its creation is what boyhood dreams are made of.

My hero worship stops at the point this film ends. His sequel Junkman was awful and he died during filming of the third movie. And I'll pass on the sideburns and the 1970s sunglasses. You can't do today what Toby accomplished in 1973.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/11/16 8:18 a.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Mine is an image that served as the inspiration for the $2015 Challenge Aristocrats Class award and class insignia. An award that I both designed and won.

I just noticed that the Science Post writer team's avatar looks remarkably similar, close enough that I had to come back and check.

http://thesciencepost.com/profile/sciencepost/

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AiLJKA0nX2xsW3ioX1EPzYvIuDYVZM28nhu2hqldYLXfd7234yvlLvsKb3JKu3tk