1 2 3
ratghia
ratghia Reader
12/29/09 10:45 p.m.

Today I was cleaning stuff downstairs and found a stack of things from my old Karmann Ghia that I had forgotten I had. In their were some of the things from the glove box of the car. There was a owners manual, some matches, a keychain with no keys, and some paper work from plan parenthood to someone who had received an abortion. Oddly enough there were also a few condom wrappers in the back of the car. In the trunk of the car when I first got it there was an old gas station attendant’s uniform covered in blood.

In a Karmann Ghia that my dad bought that had struck a pole there were 2 40oz bottles with 2 foot piece of garden hose shoved down the neck of one of them hidden under the rear seat.

In my dad's green Karmann Ghia there was a book with the distance from the owners house to every bar and liquor store along with a card for an AA meeting. The old owner had also left their 1972 tax returns in the door panel pocket.

What have you found?

mndsm
mndsm Reader
12/29/09 10:55 p.m.

Nothing too interesting, though in my Speed3, I found the original paper build barcode from when it was built/shipped. I thought it was cool.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/29/09 10:56 p.m.

Original window sticker, Texas Instruments Calculator, female underwear, jewelry, money and a selection of handtools

Carson
Carson Dork
12/29/09 10:59 p.m.

I've found weird things, normal things, and useful things.

Weird: A lot of dead animals in the MR2. Ew. Famous Amos rubber cookie keychain. A full bouquet of plastic flowers. A Prelude had 9 panes of 3/8"x12"x48" tempered glass shelves and disease/cause bracelets melted around the shift knob.

Normal: Receipts, coins, matches, toys.

Useful: I'd say every car I've purchased had at least one ice scraper. My first car had a bag of 500 ct. high quality zip ties. The good vinyl kind with the metal "tooth." The E30 had a $10 bill under the carpet. Umbrellas, Maglite, bottle jack, etc. other useful tools.

Carson
Carson Dork
12/29/09 11:00 p.m.

Someone on here supposedly found some heroine in the shift knob of challenge car.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Reader
12/29/09 11:00 p.m.

Live shotgun shells in my FJ40. A machete in a old spitfire. (Which I still have for garden use.) A huge knife in my mustang under the front seat.

~20$ in change over the years.

Carson
Carson Dork
12/29/09 11:05 p.m.

Oh, that reminds me, I had a lot of live and spent shot gun and .22 shells in one car.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
12/29/09 11:06 p.m.

Original window sticker and all the sales/loan paperwork from the first owner of the ms3. Tons of random change and for some reason, thumbtacks all over in the Nissan. But not the flush ones you'd use in a sagging headliner, and there was no headliner.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
12/29/09 11:06 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Live shotgun shells in my FJ40.

In a 1956 oval window Beetle we bought for parts the main tube was full of live bullets. We only found this out after cutting through it with the plasma cutter.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt HalfDork
12/29/09 11:11 p.m.
Carson wrote: Someone on here supposedly found some heroine in the shift knob of challenge car.

What the heck would you do if you bought a used car that the previous owner had put drugs in without you knowing, got stopped by the police one day and got busted? That would be beyond sucking. Getting thrown in jail for something you didn't do.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
12/29/09 11:14 p.m.
JeepinMatt wrote:
Carson wrote: Someone on here supposedly found some heroine in the shift knob of challenge car.
What the heck would you do if you bought a used car that the previous owner had put drugs in without you knowing, got stopped by the police one day and got busted? That would be beyond sucking. Getting thrown in jail for something you didn't do.

Imagine finding this.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/29/09 11:39 p.m.

Live 12ga solid slug in the P71; golf putter and a "Please move vehicle" note from 1997 in the Duster; PO's driver's license in my old Nissan pickup; 1973 AMC Road Atlas, original plastic visor cards, and court documents from Nebraska in the Hornet; factory rebuild documents from 1995 on all of the stereo equipment in my RX-7; and over $100 in change all combined.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
12/29/09 11:45 p.m.
JeepinMatt wrote:

sell it and that goes back to the budget?

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt HalfDork
12/30/09 1:37 a.m.
ratghia wrote:
JeepinMatt wrote:
Imagine finding this.

That doesn't surprise me any more than a bunch of Dukakis for Prez bumper stickers on a Volvo station wagon.

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess New Reader
12/30/09 2:15 a.m.

Two ticket books from the Bensonville Ill. police department and a body bag. I once owned a 73 Cadillac Hearse.

m0t0r1t3
m0t0r1t3 New Reader
12/30/09 7:00 a.m.

i've found my billing from a restaurant :D

ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
12/30/09 7:28 a.m.
neon4891 wrote:
JeepinMatt wrote:
sell it and that goes back to the budget?

You should bring this up in the 2010 challenge rules thread, I'm pretty sure the only way you're going to get approval is by selling found stash coke from a DeLorean

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/30/09 7:44 a.m.

I found a "double ender" and a ball gag in a car, a raccoon pelt in one and a Chuckie doll new in box in another. But the absolute best was three crisp $100.00 bills in the glove box of a car I just bought for $50.00.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
12/30/09 7:55 a.m.
John Brown wrote: the absolute best was three crisp $100.00 bills in the glove box of a car I just bought for $50.00.

That is the best find ever!

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/30/09 7:57 a.m.

Now there's a great payback! I have found lots of condom wrappers, plenty of change, a 1/2" drive flex head Craftsman ratchet and a long extension, guitar picks, roaches (both types! ), underwear for both sexes, scads of costume jewelry and all kinds of other stuff.

I found a whole bunch of those 'onion skin' olde skool credit card receipts under the seats in the Jensen, dated from around 1976 to the early '80's. They were all from the eastern Kentucky and Tennessee area. The funny part: when I Emailed Richard Calver (Jensen fanatic extraordinaire) with the current location of my car, he replied that the last trace he had on that car was in Kentucky in the '80's.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/30/09 8:04 a.m.

a pair of little girls underroos jammed into the Heater core box... The heat worked better after superwoman left.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
12/30/09 8:06 a.m.

And I thought finding a bunch of dried chili peppers and a 30 year old deck of cards in my Dart was unusual. Looks like I don't deal with sufficiently interesting previous owners.

mel_horn
mel_horn Dork
12/30/09 8:15 a.m.

In a previous life I was a service advisor for a BMW dealership...

...30 yrs later a friend of mine bought a 2002 and we went through the glovebox and found repair order copies and maintenance book entries by...me.

I did find an incomplete set of golf clubs in the trunk of an E30...other than that mostly loose change, etc.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
12/30/09 8:53 a.m.
JeepinMatt wrote:

I actually knew somebody that took a car they were acquiring by the local police dept to have a drug dog do a sniff test.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Dork
12/30/09 9:01 a.m.

Hope and Freedom.

Oh, you meant literally? If it's a Toyota, I always find a dessicated fruit or vegetable. My hachi had a lemon, my Celica had garlic, and my pickup had a potato.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qTWPCiSzKnFmo1HWm7vECP0eZsO2igzDFbTRr9d3hg8KZjatYoscKkaNHWxAR7sZ