ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/12/20 11:54 a.m.

I'm doing some garage re-org this weekend.  My yard tools take up a little too much space.  Currently they hang from hooks in an 8ft long 2x6, but I am sure they could be condensed.  

I see these styles available locally (checked lowes and HD).  I like these styles because they grip the shaft (hehe) which means the tools an be slid vertical relative to their neighbors to fit much closer together.  #3 looks perhaps a bit too dense (and not adjustable).

Recommendations?  Leaning toward #2 at the moment.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/12/20 1:51 p.m.

Most of mine are stuffed handle first in a plastic 35 gallon drum.  Not ideal, but whatever.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/20 2:26 p.m.

A lazy Susan built from plywood circles that has notches to hold the tools.   A couple of different levels to accommodate different tool heightsz

there's a 4x4 running up the middle to span between an upper and lower bearing mounted under a shelf.

It sits in an otherwise useless corner.

Adapted from the rotating corner shelf here:

https://www.familyhandyman.com/project/how-to-organize-garage-storage-projects/

wae
wae UberDork
12/12/20 2:37 p.m.

I have a smaller version of #3 and I like it a lot.  I also found these at Menards:

I put up three of them and I like the way they operate and the fact that they're not linked to each other so I can space them out the way that works best for me.  One of them lost the adhesive on the friction strip after a month or two, though.  The other two have been fine.

thedoc
thedoc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/12/20 2:57 p.m.

In reply to wae :

I have the full size version of number three and I'm not crazy about it. You have to have the exactly correct weight tool.  Other than that, it's not bad.

jgrewe
jgrewe Reader
12/12/20 8:15 p.m.

I have #2, tools slowly slide down. Wouldn't buy it again.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/12/20 8:28 p.m.

I have #1 and it works well. I can stagger the tools up and down and upside down to make more crap fit

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/12/20 8:39 p.m.

I ended up finding long hooks that support stacking 3 tools in front of one another and just added those to the board when I relocated it in the garage.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hWo4E7ZB5x8Y9gaydri34R5puyG6phzJVAIjznAOZdRy1miu82oCKTkgqQUomQVE