bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/6/21 7:33 p.m.

I'm in the shop although the ability to attract dirt is also a super power 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/21 7:34 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

I was doing relief work at a veterinary clinic that was playing popular music from the 40s and 50s. I was very good at recognizing the singers, despite never really listening to any of their recordings. 

I'm a veritable font of useless historical, scientific or (not contemporary) cultural trivia.

I have no musical ability. 

I've owned very few albums, 8-tracks, cassettes or CDs.

I never had an iPod, and my memory sucks...

...but I can Name That Tune in one note. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/6/21 7:47 p.m.

I can make a decision and stick to it for years after the reasons for that decision no longer apply.

Example: Today my neighbor came over to talk about a small problem with our shared fence.  Conversation came to an ugly old hedge between our front lawns.  I hate it, he hates it.  As I was removing it with my Al  Bakke Japanese chopper, I remembered that I hadn't taken it out 30 years ago because the neighbors from 1988 liked it.

They moved out in 1995 or so.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
6/7/21 7:47 a.m.

Trailer lights.

I can take a brand new trailer light adapter, brand new trailer lights and render them useless in one outing. After that the adapter will never do anything reliably, the lights will work only sporadically, if at all, and after 2 hrs of trying to make it work the night before the event I'll just give up and use it as is.

Every

berkeleying

time

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/9/21 4:15 p.m.

A guy I used to work with had the super power of being able to hold a grudge for eternity.

Apparently, his older brother squashed a pea in his ear when they were little and he was still waiting for revenge.

He was 45-ish when he told me that.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/9/21 5:03 p.m.

I'm really good at estimating the weight of produce. I'm rarely more than an ounce or two off when I take it to the scale.

So like, I'm your guy if you want exactly 1.5 lbs of potatoes. Or bulk split peas.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
6/9/21 5:19 p.m.
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) said:
stanger_mussle said:
Brian(formerly neon4891) said:

I'm an INTP. Half autistic, half sociopath. 

"Hi, fellow INTP!" I text as we stand in the same room avoiding eye contact.

INTJ here.  And autistic.

Used to be able to identify the year of a book's publication (+/- 1 year) by the smell of the book.

Haven't tried it for years, so I don't know if I still can.

INTP (just barely, if I answer a few differently it comes out ISTP) here also.  I've been questioning if I'd be considered "on the spectrum" recently.

I'm like Domino but instead of luck being in my favor, it's Murphy's law.  If it can happen it has happened to me.  My other "ability" is that I can stare at a bunch of wires and tell you within a couple of minutes how things are connected and the way it works with above average accuracy.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/9/21 5:52 p.m.

I can glitch out pretty much any and all forms of technology

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/9/21 6:06 p.m.

Since we are doing Myers-Briggs -  INTJ here.   The "J" is for judging which is probably the reason I am twice divorced - its sort of a negative super power for marriage though it works well for engineering.

My useless super power is juggling

Apparently juggling is so little understood that I have actually had strangers ask me if I am juggling while I am juggling. 

(Like I am walking through a store, come across a display of baseballs, and so I would pick up 3 and juggle for my children's amusement)  

I have been putting off learning to do 5 for years but I have lots of free time now.  They say on a scale of 1 to 10 learning to juggle 3 balls is about a "4" and learning to juggle 5 balls is about an "11".  Most people take a year of practice to go from 3 to 5  for double cascade.  Wish me perseverance.    

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/21 7:57 p.m.

Solidly ISTP here. 

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
6/9/21 8:18 p.m.

not so useless, but for me, if i am playing a catching game like tag football, i can reach behind me and catch the ball without looking, but most of the time it's a wild guess as to where the ball will be. another useless superpower i have is thinking i typed out a complete word but only typing the first letter or two.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
6/10/21 4:49 a.m.

INFP - my useless power is I can be in 2 places at the same time. I can only do it once every 3 or 4 months for about 10 minutes. I don't get to pick when or which 2 places though. 

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/10/21 7:56 a.m.

In reply to jharry3 :

Oh good, SWMBO is an INTJ cheeky. Although I figure if it's worked for us the last twelve years, we're probably doing something right. I'm an ISTP and I think the degree of independence we afford each other is exactly what makes us work so well together. 

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/10/21 7:58 a.m.

My weird super power is I'm really good at eyeballing dimensions.

Folgers
Folgers New Reader
6/10/21 4:45 p.m.

INTJ here. 

I can spell any word, once. Any word. Ask me to spell it again, and it comes out gibberish. The second time, I’m actually thinking about how It’s spelled and screw it up.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/21 7:16 p.m.
akamcfly said:

INFP - my useless power is I can be in 2 places at the same time. I can only do it once every 3 or 4 months for about 10 minutes. I don't get to pick when or which 2 places though. 

berkeley, this is me.  I'm an INFP as well.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
6/11/21 4:31 a.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

berkeley, this is me.  I'm an INFP as well.

I take a small dose of an anti-depressant/anxiety pill that takes the edge off. Mostly anyway. cheeky

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
6/11/21 8:52 a.m.

Solid INTJ here, but my introvertedness is not extreme like all of the memes greatly exaggerate.  Most introverts are not hermits and most are not saturated with social anxiety.

WTF is going on here?

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
6/11/21 12:06 p.m.
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) said:

My weird super power is I'm really good at eyeballing dimensions.

I have that too but it seems to make women really uncomfortable

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/11/21 12:35 p.m.

My weird super power is actually handed down from my mom's side of the family:

I'm stupidly good at estimating container volume. Need to know which one of those 30 tupperware containers will fit the leftovers? Or whether that old plastic bin will hold the oil from that drain pan? Or whether that box is big enough for the interior parts you're shipping? I'm your guy.

I guess it was this or super strength. indecision

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/11/21 2:25 p.m.

My useless superpower is being able to identify random movies on TV from a 10-second clip with little or no important context.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/21 11:24 a.m.

Not sure it is useless but I don't need to see somthing come apart to put it back together. 

Oh my real useless superpower is I mastered rebuilding and tuning Quadrojet carbs.  I can make those things work perfectly. I think it came put of being poor as a kid so you fixed what you had. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/12/21 1:02 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Another Quadrajet wizard. Cool. That's not a useless superpower as long as people are using them. 

Sidewayze
Sidewayze Reader
6/13/21 8:36 a.m.

I grew up on an airport.

I can identify helicopters by their sound before I can see them.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
6/14/21 8:19 a.m.
Duke said:

My useless superpower is being able to identify random movies on TV from a 10-second clip with little or no important context.

PW does the same with characters. We'll be watching some vintage show and she'll see a minor character briefly and say, that guy was on ... and he played a ... 

And she's almost always right.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zGEwPtmjllahpPEwfPrilC909x0Sfp4gWEB3TVlcoQspOM3geesQOaQJTHsxOiIR