1 2 3 4 5 6
BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
5/17/09 4:36 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Ha! Define Primus. I dare you.

ITunes says metal.

No.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
5/17/09 4:39 p.m.

Oh yeah, their videos, and covers are excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FRtkek-Et4

"Devil went down to Georgia"

The_Jed
The_Jed New Reader
5/17/09 6:48 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waHJFAvz6No I miss this band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY5kEmY06Zk&feature=related This is their best song in my opinion.

sindersblue
sindersblue New Reader
5/17/09 8:28 p.m.

Today it was "Love games" from the Old Greg skit on the Mighty Boosh.

ratghia
ratghia New Reader
5/17/09 8:48 p.m.

"Hello, I Love You" by The Doors

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/17/09 10:01 p.m.

Kings of Leon "Cold Desert"

Incredible song.

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
5/17/09 10:11 p.m.
BobOfTheFuture wrote:

ITunes says metal.

No.

I've heard it described as a jam band. While Les has a few hippie-jam side projects, however, Primus slays hippies.

Luke
Luke Dork
5/17/09 10:14 p.m.

Wikipedia says 'funk rock.'

mel_horn
mel_horn HalfDork
5/18/09 5:34 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: My internal jukebox seems to be triggered by stuff I'm doing. Just went for a swim, so now my head's playing "Take Me to the River" by The Talking Heads. Margie

And lemme guess: When you're adding on to the patio , it's Concrete Blonde?

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
5/18/09 6:35 a.m.
wherethefmi wrote: Ever since this thread its, mahna mahna.

Ever hear Cake's cover of that song? It's pretty damn good, and gets stuck in your head REALLY easily.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/18/09 7:43 a.m.

Peace Train.

But in my head, it gets merged with Come On Eileen at the Too-ra-loo-ra-loo part, creating a really weird medley.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
5/18/09 8:02 a.m.

Right now...this morning:

"East Bound and Down" (Jerry Reed) because I watched "Smokey and The Bandit" about 3 times this weekend while working on the house.

The boys are thirsty in Atlanta, and there's beer in Texarkana...

Clem

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
5/18/09 8:07 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: My internal jukebox seems to be triggered by stuff I'm doing. Just went for a swim, so now my head's playing "Take Me to the River" by The Talking Heads. Margie

Every time I find myself in nature, and needing to relieve myself, I find shortly after that I'm subconciously whistling Jim Croce's "Don't Mess Around With Jim"

"You don't tug on Superman's cape. You don't Spit into the wind..." (though I substitute "spit" for what I happen to be doing at the time...which I think would have been a far more appropriate lyric, and probably the one he really meant)

Clem

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Reader
5/18/09 8:07 a.m.

sometimes i get The Price is Right theme song stuck in my head...

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar HalfDork
5/18/09 11:02 a.m.

UNKLE - Rabbit In Your Headlights

Feeling pensive lately.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
5/18/09 11:16 a.m.
MiatarPowar wrote: UNKLE - Rabbit In Your Headlights Feeling pensive lately.

Great... now i've got DJ Shadow in my head.....

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/18/09 12:06 p.m.

Radar Love

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar HalfDork
5/18/09 12:33 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: Great... now i've got DJ Shadow in my head.....

Yesplz. 'In Tune and On Time' is in my CD player in one of the cars. I should make another copy of it.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
5/18/09 12:40 p.m.

Yeah.. this thread made me queue up "Entroducing"

sachilles
sachilles Reader
5/18/09 1:00 p.m.

every once in a while I get this stuck in my head....and I get angry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-team

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
5/18/09 1:18 p.m.

I tend to change head songs several times during the day. So far today, it's been 'She's Got Issues' by the Offspring, 'People are Strange' by The Doors (that song is tailor made for the retail business!), 'Name' by The GooGoo Dolls. Still got a few hours to go, no telling what else might pop up. Oh, here it is: 'Wish I could Fly Like Superman' by The Kinks.

Woke up this morning, started to sneeze I had a cigarette and a cup of tea I looked in the mirror what did I see A nine stone weakling with knobbly knees I did my knees bend press ups touch my toes I had another sneeze and I blew my nose I looked in the mirror at my pigeon chest I had to put on my clothes because it made me depressed Surely there must be a way For me to change the shape I’m in Dissatisfied is what I am I want to be a better man

Superman superman wish I could fly like superman Superman superman I want to be like superman I want to be like superman Superman superman wish I could fly like superman

Woke up this morning, what did I see A big black cloud hanging over me I switched on the radio and nearly dropped dead The news was so bad that I fell out of bed There was a gas strike, oil strike, lorry strike, bread strike Got to be a superman to survive Gas bills, rent bills, tax bills, phone bills I’m such a wreck but I’m staying alive

[look in the paper, what do I see, Robbery, violence, insanity.]

Hey girl we’ve got to get out of this place There’s got to be something better than this I need you, but I hate to see you this way If I were superman then we’d fly away I’d really like to change the world And save it from the mess it’s in I’m too weak, I’m so thin I’d like to fly but I can’t even swim

Superman superman I want to fly like superman Superman superman wish I could fly like superman Superman superman wish I could fly like superman Superman superman I want to be like superman Superman superman I want to fly like superman

Late in the day it's usually 'B-double E double R-U-N, beer run'.

slefain
slefain Dork
5/18/09 1:41 p.m.

Cowboy Mouth - Easy

Are you WITH me here!!!!!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/18/09 1:44 p.m.

Cowboy Mouth... wow. Hadn't thought about them in a long time. Used to see them (and Dash Rip Rock) in the clubs all the time when I lived in Louisiana.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
5/18/09 2:19 p.m.

Speaking of Cowboy Mouth: How about 'Hurricane Party'?

'My hurricane party got outta control

I'm lying in the gutter eatin' tootsie rolls

With red ant bites all over my ass

Beating on my buddies with a baseball bat'

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
5/18/09 2:35 p.m.

"Here Comes Peter Cottontail." It appears in my head on really crappy days, more complained than sung... and off-key at that. (Think Heath Ledger's Joker and you're getting there.) If hell had a soundtrack, this one'd be on it.

Margie

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eXohVp8zUGhQs4VLV5psdS0QHiGiQkjKph5JolpUYEouA83KWhGzBQ6DouPys0dj