1 2 3 4
93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
8/12/08 12:12 p.m.

I went to college with a buddy named "Michael Hunt."

He was a very strange person and very proud of his name.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/12/08 12:15 p.m.

There is young man in the New Jersey School system, maybe 2nd grade now, who's first name is "President Kennedy". I know his former kindergarden teacher.

I also know a very rednecky guy who named his son "Honda", since that's what he liked to drive/stick huge wings on.

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/13/08 9:59 a.m.
Salanis wrote: I heard a similar story. Smacks of urban legend. Poorly educated woman in labor sees a word in a hospital, thinks it looks exotic and would make a good name for her soon-to-be-born daughter. Asks the nurse how it's pronounced. "Oh that's pronounced 'Guh-NOR-ea'..."

Referenced in the book "Unintended Consequences" for one. May or may not have happened in real life, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Duke
Duke Dork
8/13/08 11:46 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: I went to college with a buddy named "Michael Hunt." He was a very strange person and very proud of his name.

I did too. This would have been around the early-mid '80s. I suppose the two names themselves aren't uncommon, but together...

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/13/08 11:55 a.m.
GSmith wrote: Referenced in the book "Unintended Consequences" for one. May or may not have happened in real life, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I have read that book. I was not going to use it as a reference. I put about as much credence in his journalistic integrity as I do in Carl Hiaasen's. Maybe less, given that the book was a giant post-adolescent fantasy. I trust his knowledge of firearms, but not much else.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6d66TE7Lc5Sk2FS1Hg36S5wmlEOjXD7RDPQlWLgBGXJ6Iw1Q9nImV3p9k2ak35Aj