1 2
16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
5/11/09 11:16 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: Lately, I have been listening to T-Pain's Thr33 Rings pretty good, IMHO...but I listen to everything. (I am from West Michigan, the home of Pop Evil, and 100 in a 55 gets so much play time on local radio that I cannot listen to it anymore...)

I heard that song once and almost puked. I couldn't imagine how bad it would be if it was played out.

I like to keep it mellow at work, so the customers and co-workers don't get too annoyed. I've found that if I type in "Beck" into Pandora, it gives a pretty good mix. The last few songs have been "Guitar" by Cake, "Tomorrow Comes Today" by Gorillaz, "Sleeping Lessons" by The Shins, "The Bends" by Radiohead, "shiny happy person" By Beck, "Fearless" by Pink Floyd, "Novocaine For The Soul" by The Eels, "If I Fell" by The Beatles, and "Cellphone's Dead" by Beck.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
5/11/09 12:30 p.m.

Otep

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/11/09 3:06 p.m.

I think its a mix of Matisyahu, Collie Budz, Damian Marley, Flobots, and The Postal Service. I'm still on a Jamiroquai kick too.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Reader
5/11/09 3:09 p.m.

my CD player doesnt exsist so i just listen to the engine reving...

zoomx2
zoomx2 New Reader
5/11/09 5:38 p.m.

Call me a wuss, but it's Ben Folds right now.

"feel my white boy pain!!!!"

MikeSVO
MikeSVO Reader
5/11/09 6:37 p.m.

It's a rare occasion when I like a WHOLE album. GnR's Appetite, Back in Black, and Number of the Beast all make the cut, though. Because of this, and because I use Itunes (I travel with my laptop for work, so I can't risk the pirated stuff), I'll only buy the stuff I know I'll listen to over and over.

Latest 'singles'...

• "Scream, Aim, Fire" by Bullet for my Valentine
  • Undone and No One Else from Weezer's Blue Album
  • Shadow's Fall - The Ghost of Past Failures (kick ass band and songs, but ain't too crazy about the singer when he screams)
  • Dethklok - Fansong, Thunderhorse and the amazing Go Into the Water. I bought a Les Paul with EMGs because of Brandon Small - no joke.
  • Monster Magnet - Powertrip
  • Temple of the Dog - Pushing Forward Back
  • Soundgarden - Rusty Cage and Slaves and Bulldozers
  • GWAR - The Road Behind
  • Rollins Band - Liar - the Itunes version blows!
  • Slaughter - Mad about you
  • Pantera - MOST of Vulgar display - mega awesome album, that one...
spdracer315
spdracer315 New Reader
5/11/09 7:49 p.m.
Gimp wrote: I pretty much just rock the iPod, but in the dash CD play is the Lonely Island CD.

Im on a Boat... i got a buddy that listens to that cd on repeat it seems...those guys are funny.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/11/09 8:25 p.m.

No CD in the truck, but Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Pink Floyd, Charlie Daniels, a little bit of everything in the 100 disk player in the bed room. Good wind down stuff.

RexSeven
RexSeven HalfDork
5/11/09 8:34 p.m.

I'm all over the place, myself. I like a mix of both mainstream and not-so-mainstream rock and metal, depending on my mood. Last 15 recently played on my iPod:

"Say It Ain't So" by Weezer, "Synchronicity II" by The Police, "Blood and Thunder" by Mastodon, "Sex Type Thing" by Stone Temple Pilots, "Trust" by Megadeth, "A Solitude That Asks Nothing In Return" from Guilty Gear X (video game) soundtrack, "Omerta" by Lamb of God, "Guild of Mute Assassins" by Clutch, "Electric Worry" by Clutch, "The Night" by Disturbed, "Medieval" by Diecast, "Drapery Falls" by Opeth, "Vacuity" by Gojira, "Love?" by Strapping Young Lad, "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Green Day.

I have to use one of those stupid tape-deck adapters to hear my iPod in the Subaru. I have a Sony AM/FM/CD/USB head unit waiting to go in my RX-7, but I need to do some wiring and want to get a single-DIN cupholder from the junkyard first

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
5/11/09 9:25 p.m.

Cake, Green Day, Nirvana, Tool, System of a Down, Some Ben Folds, Third Eye Blind, Offspring, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
5/11/09 9:30 p.m.

ditto on the loss of the punk channel on sirius

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
5/11/09 9:36 p.m.

I usually listen to one CD for about a week, till I get tired of it. My 16 year old Pioneer doesn't like to feed disks anymore, compounding the question of "should I take the chance of this bugger not feeding and being stuck listening to the radio?"

Right now I'm rocking DEVO's greatest hits. Yes. DEVO.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
5/11/09 11:03 p.m.

gotan project.

Autolex
Autolex Reader
5/11/09 11:47 p.m.

Audioslave, Golden Earring, Jay-Z, Hollywood Undead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Powerman 5000, Wolfmother, Tool, NIN, Weezer, System of a Down, The Crystal Method, Rage Against the Machine, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Beastie Boys... The list goes on (all mixed, via my iPod).

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/11/09 11:59 p.m.

iPod contents:

Lots of Maiden, lots of Anthax, lots of Metallica, lots of Suicidal Tendencies, lots of Ramones, a dash of other punk and metal and, believe it or not, lots of jazz: Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Canonball Adderley, Dave Brubeck, Sonny Rollins, etc. I have Sonny Rollins playing right now. Damn he's smooth.

jingles
jingles New Reader
5/12/09 4:03 a.m.

Well at this time some music related CD's in my CD player. I want to create some jingles for my upcoming products.

ValuePack
ValuePack HalfDork
5/12/09 4:49 a.m.

The changer in the Subie contains: Underworld, Death Cab for Cutie, Gui Boratto, Queens of the Stone Age, Incubus, White Stripes.

I don't remember what's in the Honda... it was repo'd last week.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g1daqfYfVRLOFSyVw6JvW5OI7MazoxZXD0UBYVqfrbGAdYkPqhriY28DgceHCVVS