1 2 3
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/22 11:25 a.m.

I just placed an order for canned food.  Two 12-can cases for $197.98.  That's $9 per can on a bulk discount.  They're normally $12-17 a can.

And it's junk food.  And worth every fkn penny.

Amazon.com: Loma Linda - Plant-Based - Big Franks (20 oz.) (Pack of 3) -  Kosher : Grocery & Gourmet Food

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/1/22 11:28 a.m.

I'm having a really hard time not spending $70 to have a dozen Taylor Chip cookies delivered. 

Just look at them

I'm just not at a point where I can afford to spend money on anything let alone anything fun or extra. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
5/1/22 11:37 a.m.

Whatever the next needed car part is????

wink

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/1/22 12:13 p.m.

Books.  Hardcover just released? Gimme.  No time for it to hit the used bookstore or a paperback edition 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/1/22 12:13 p.m.

My fancy bottle stash is quickly outweighing my ability to drink. 

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
5/1/22 12:29 p.m.

A house, apparently

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/22 12:43 p.m.

Food. 

A $500 to $1000 meal for the family, at a really good restaurant, is not uncommon. 

A $500 trip to the grocery store or meat market is also not uncommon. My wife won't shop with me. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
5/1/22 1:26 p.m.

Laid.  

Yes, I'm married.  You think marriage is cheap?? devil

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/1/22 2:08 p.m.
RevRico said:

I'm having a really hard time not spending $70 to have a dozen Taylor Chip cookies delivered. 

I'm just not at a point where I can afford to spend money on anything let alone anything fun or extra. 

Man, give me time to scan and post our chocolate chip cookie recipe.  $70 will make you at least a dozen dozen.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/1/22 3:25 p.m.
Toyman! said:

Food. 

A $500 to $1000 meal for the family, at a really good restaurant, is not uncommon. 

At Christmas I take my wife and kids out for an expensive steak dinner - this year in the middle of dinner my 18 YO daughter wanted a shrimp cocktail   $24 for 4 shrimp?   Go for it.  

We too are dropping $300-$500+ on one dinner.  I just laugh and mention the amount of groceries we could've bought but I'm creating memories and we all enjoy being together.  

Out of all of them I like the old school Italian places.  

https://geneandgeorgetti.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/gene-georgetti-dinner-winter-2022.pdf

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/1/22 3:43 p.m.

If I have the time someday I'm going to get a Datsun 510 or 240Z.   I'm sending the engine to Rebello with a blank check.  Do whatever it takes.   Build a bad boy engine.

I might send the 510 to Troy Ermish racing to add more parts to it.  

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
5/1/22 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Omg you made me remember the canned Choplet that I used to buy back in the day. A craving for pork chops would be sated well enough when I was vegan. Looks like I can order those on Amazon - I wonder if it would be worth a trip down memory lane. 

To the original question: tools. I spend freely on tools when needed. Also food. Not quite the crazy $1000 meal idea but certainly that per month on groceries. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
5/1/22 3:48 p.m.

My serious answer is racing.  11 seasons of it, flying around to different places, hotels, etc...  Don't want to know how much I spent.  But it's worth every penny and then some.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/1/22 3:58 p.m.

It cost me a lot to get an ex wife, but it was cheaper than not getting one.

Getting my body functioning as designed and nerve system communicating properly. It's taken the better part of a decade, but if I prepare the day before, with 2 plus hours on the tens machine, I can play guitar without issue the following day. Getting the GI tract operating within spec while missing some OE parts has been an even more interesting adventure in getting sorted, but I'm better than satisfied with where things are now. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/1/22 5:42 p.m.

So, 75ish miles round trip, about 10MPG, gas is ~$4.20/gallon.

Free car parts, for something that fits absolutely nothing I have and nothing I plan to build, fits on this list.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/1/22 6:36 p.m.

Apparently a new Dyson vacuum, per the request just received from my wife.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
5/1/22 7:17 p.m.
einy (Forum Supporter) said:

Apparently a new Dyson vacuum, per the request just received from my wife.

FWIW since Dyson went cordless only their vacuums are terrible.   We still have our corded but I recently gave up on the cordless and got a black and decker cordless (one of my criteria was independent batteries which could be recharged like a normal power tool)  The B&D was half the price and has more power and as noted the added bonus of being able to have extra batteries.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/1/22 7:29 p.m.

I ordered an upright model, pretty sure it still uses a cord.  FWIW, the old Dyson this one is replacing lasted 14 years, so hoping for more of the same this time around.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/1/22 7:50 p.m.

We had a corded Oreck that was awesome.  Now she has the $400 cordless Dyson but she likes to vacuum a lot so I'm quiet.   

She didn't say a word when I needed a $200 floor jack so..........

jamscal
jamscal Dork
5/1/22 10:30 p.m.

It's not "stoopid money" but maybe stupid money for cherries...until you taste them.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
5/2/22 1:01 a.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

I'm... morbidly curious about them canned franks now.. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/2/22 1:04 a.m.

Postwar Lionel. If you know, you know. If you don't, youll be shocked.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/2/22 1:44 a.m.

Warhammer minis. 

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
5/2/22 1:56 a.m.

Islay singlemalts.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wR7fhCnTjFV0GE3Zb2kVyn3AywOGq8lJus4s2vzNgQiBLH1slTQGU0bKj5oeB71G