1 2
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
5/13/15 10:16 p.m.

Every once in a while I'll try to click the little +1 button under a post and the little button just goes to a smaller 0 and won't +1 the post. It's happened a couple times recently. What's up with that?

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
5/14/15 5:32 a.m.

Are you talking the black VOTES button on the bottom left? I just tried it on this post, and it seemed to work fine. Looks like others have been clicking it as well. But it does only allow one click. Can't keep clicking it to up the count.

No idea what happens as a result of clicking it. Perhaps it serves the same purpose as all the non-connected cross walk buttons?

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
5/14/15 5:38 a.m.

It got you up to 8+ on your comment when I did it.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
5/14/15 5:51 a.m.

If you hit the "!" box it seems to take away one point.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/14/15 6:29 a.m.

Yes the vote button. I tried to vote up a comment last night and instead of it adding a vote, the 0 was still there but the word vote was gone. I clicked several times, same thing. I exited the thread went back in and same thing. I +1'd someone else in the thread and it worked, went back to the original post I wanted to +1 and still nothing.

It's happened a couple times.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/14/15 6:32 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
5/14/15 7:19 a.m.
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/14/15 8:09 a.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock: Have you tried logging out and back in?

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/14/15 8:39 a.m.

I've voted for two of the posts in this thread just because. That's what's up with that.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/14/15 8:53 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: In reply to Nick_Comstock: When I clicked it for you having 0 votes, it turned into a small box w/ a -1 in it. But, when I refreshed it went back to saying 0 Votes. Maybe you are just hitting the wrong button?

Everyone report this post, lets see how low we can get it!

EDIT: Don't do that. Looks like it doesn't work that way.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/14/15 8:58 a.m.

I just tried +1ing every post in this thread. Akamcfly's post did what I'm describing. Does the same on my iPhone and the laptop.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
5/14/15 8:59 a.m.

Looks like after you !, it tells you how many !'d.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/14/15 8:59 a.m.

I just +1'ed your last post and Akamcfly's and both worked ok for me.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/14/15 9:01 a.m.

In reply to T.J.:

How many +1's are you seeing on his post. I see yours but I can't add to it.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/14/15 9:02 a.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

No I havent. I'll try that.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
5/14/15 9:07 a.m.
akamcfly wrote: Indeed...

That is the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/14/15 9:10 a.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

+1 as of now.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/14/15 9:11 a.m.

Nick,

Perhaps you should get the address from ckosacranoid and write a letter. That seems like the way to get this sorted out.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
5/14/15 9:31 a.m.

I've had the same thing happen. Usually, it's when I'm voting up a comment that is controversial and politically incorrect, so naturally I assume that there is a PC policeman behind the scenes reading each and every post and deciding whether or not to allow it to be voted up.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/14/15 9:39 a.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2:

That's what I was thinking too.

On a random note, is there really anything worse than backsplash from a port-o-let?

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/14/15 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

I've never understood by portapotties have a bowl section, water isn't flowing down it, the only function it serves is to create backsplash off it's bulk rate semi flexible plastic veneer. Just leave it an open gaping hole.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/14/15 9:44 a.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote: In reply to 1988RedT2: That's what I was thinking too. On a random note, is there really anything worse than backsplash from a port-o-let?

when said port-o-let runs out of TP immediately after the splash.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/14/15 10:14 a.m.

Oh, oh, oh! I saw it! I saw it!

Yesterday I upvoted his original post (you know, just do be a dick) and it worked fine. Today, I clicked it again and it decremented!!! I did it to a few others and they went down also!!!!

... OK, so now I need to go figure out how the aliens moved all those giant blocks of stone...

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
5/14/15 11:16 a.m.

It really just means that the magazine values you input just that little

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/14/15 11:23 a.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote: In reply to 1988RedT2: That's what I was thinking too. On a random note, is there really anything worse than backsplash from a port-o-let?

Wrong thread, right idea.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7bbFsrRD5Zc78bvlwIGCKMVqZXvuJOcgxvl8mCnqQtKyP5KhpavYnuy1yQMdWmXj