1 2 3
Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
9/17/08 7:52 a.m.

My dd 1970 beetle "belle". My wife's focus 5 door Elliey. We did have a 78 carolla sr5 5 speed we call'd it Dodamite our old toyota pickup sport,...$50 truck. We did have a Bronco II it was referd as that POS. The 78 VW bus was Bessy it even look like a cow! The 73 beetle that I had back in high school Betty. She was my "first" real car not enough mony and brains at that point in time. My 78 chevy Nova was a fun car to hunt garbage cans in her name was Nikki. thats not all of them whats your car name?

SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
9/17/08 7:54 a.m.

You name 'em? Doesn't that make you feel badly when you have to shoot 'em?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/17/08 8:49 a.m.

My kid named the Trooper 'Tucker'. I have no idea of why. The RoSpit is the Abomination, the J-H street car is called Casper, the J-H project car has no name yet.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
9/17/08 9:20 a.m.

Don't even mention this thread around a bunch of MINI owners. It seems like everyone of them has been named.

Mine are:
06 MINI "Justa" Cooper
78 Mini got tagged with "Mater" by the G/F
78 280Z is "The Blue Car"
The ambulance is "The Box"
Then there is "The race car" My other 510 has been neglected and waiting it's turn to be worked on. I'm sure it will get a label sooner or later.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG New Reader
9/17/08 10:21 a.m.

The Heinous Honda

The Sinister Sentra

The Lethal Locost

The Hideous Hardbody

The Stupid Sunfire

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/17/08 10:52 a.m.

The Miata is the "Dirty Track Slut". (because it averages >2 drivers per event... and my girlfriend spun it into a giant dirt trap on her first track day)

The BMW is "The Beast" aka "Everyone's Favorite Blue Mutant", or "Dame Judy Dench". (Because it manages to be simultaneously be intelligent, refined an cultured, while looking like it will snarl and rip your face off)

My first car, a E36 M3-brown '82 Cadillac Cimarron (named the 10th worst car ever made), was "The Gutless Blunder" or the "B-Mobile".

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/17/08 11:09 a.m.

The Turbo Grand Prix is called "For Sale" because... well it is, before that is too much of a blur. I think I may have owned another car once.

cwh
cwh Dork
9/17/08 11:42 a.m.

96 Sentra, 200K+, 40mpg on the road. Spunky. It fits.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/17/08 12:13 p.m.

Crystal Princess:

Papillon:

Rolla:

Type Q
Type Q Reader
9/17/08 12:22 p.m.

I started calling my Civic "The Green Monster" because it's green and bought it in Boston.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
9/17/08 2:18 p.m.

The 1994 Miata is Lacy. Many other names were considered before coming up with Lacy, but we will not discuss this here.

Dad's 1993 F-150 is "Blue" (because it's blue and redneck-y).

Z3 doesn't have a name. I guess it doesn't have character?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/17/08 2:36 p.m.

OK, no man should call anything a "Crystal Princess." Ugh, that gives me the heebie jeebies.

The only car I named was an old hand-me-down Daewoo Cielo, called the Crapmobile for obvious reasons. When me and my friends would go out I'd say "Quickly, to the Crapmobile!" and then everyone would laugh, followed by an awkward moment of silence because we all knew we'd end up broken down on the side of the road again.

sachilles
sachilles New Reader
9/17/08 2:43 p.m.

My black 02 wrx is named Coal.

My 00 2.5rs is named Denny(we found him for sale in a Denny's parking lot).

My green 95 Dodge Ram is named Graham.

My 61 Morris mini is named Morris.

Our Blue Jeep scrambler is named Bleu.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/17/08 2:45 p.m.

Miata is Betty. Truck is unnamed as of yet. Altima was Berta. Cherokee wasn't named as I only had it for 3 days. Bronco was Billy. RX-7 was Roxy. Mercedes 300D was the Silver Bullet. Van was Cleavland.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/17/08 3:01 p.m.

My van is "Miss Turbo" and my first truck was "Big Red", yes, she was red.

My Prelude is "The 'Lude" if I am referring to her in the third person and "My Girl" if I am talking directly to her.

I haven't come up with a name for my Celi project yet. I suppose she will tell me her name once she becomes a runner.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/17/08 3:08 p.m.

The Mercedes 220D we had was named "The White Mystic Turtle," matching its speed and acceleration. The Camry is named Camry. The Lexus is named Lexus. The Truck is named Truck.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/17/08 3:12 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: My Prelude is "The 'Lude" if I am referring to her in the third person

Sounds like she causes you to hallucinate.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/17/08 3:19 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I haven't come up with a name for my Celi project yet. I suppose she will tell me her name once she becomes a runner.

That's what happens with mine. The RX7 was named Stinky because of the immense cloud of oily nasty choking smoke it farted out when I first got it running.

The Abomination got its name since it's a hodgepodge of different parts and both Brit and RX7 guys hate it when they find out what all got chopped up to build it.

The Jensen is Casper, since he was a ghost of his former self when I found him and being white (instead of a more eye grabbing color) he flies under the nice ossifer's radar.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/17/08 3:50 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: My Prelude is "The 'Lude" if I am referring to her in the third person
Sounds like she causes you to hallucinate.

She's the only drug I do when I'm driving

Yeah, I guess it's not correct to say I "talk about her in the third person". Perhaps more correct to say when I talk about her to someone else, versus when I talk to her directly. She's good to talk to though, she's a good listener.

Jensenman wrote: That's what happens with mine. The RX7 was named Stinky because of the immense cloud of oily nasty choking smoke it farted out when I first got it running.

I am hoping the Celi's name will be Bad Motherberkeleyer, but we will have to wait and see

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/17/08 4:39 p.m.

The Subaru

The Honda

The Black Miata

The Green Miata

The Truck

TJ
TJ New Reader
9/17/08 4:57 p.m.

My classic Mini is called the turd. It not only gives me an excuse not to wash it, but certainly no need to polish it!

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
9/17/08 5:00 p.m.

My dad's old '96 Taurus wagon was called "The Green Jellybean," for obvious reasons. I never named any of my other cars, though I'd occasionally call my S13 "Silvia." More wishful thinking than anything else.

mtn
mtn Dork
9/17/08 5:22 p.m.

This is just the happiest car in the world. I shall call him Oliver

Quick, whats it from?

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
9/17/08 6:23 p.m.

Mexico?

JohnGalt
JohnGalt New Reader
9/17/08 7:19 p.m.

Use to call my red t5 S70 Volvo "The Red Rocket"

Have not really come of with a name for my RX-8 but i am open to suggestions.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AxDDWICv3YBdUHqStc6SYYSX3PTG3vNG54kj3XbT4mZMVelLeyk1yZjpTzHczt9E