1 2
Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/22 6:50 p.m.

My work schedule is pretty unpredictable so I tend to RSVP as late as possible when I'm fairly certain whether I can go or not. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/22 7:29 p.m.

Wait. Roll this back a bit. You are getting married!!!!  Congratulations!!!!!!!  

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/24/22 8:56 p.m.

No one knows French anymore. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/24/22 8:57 p.m.

So, you're saying the response rate closely mirrors the preregistration rate for the $2000 Challenge?

Sounds about right. 

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
8/25/22 12:13 a.m.

In reply to Katie Suddard :

Congratulations!

I actually am usually RSVPing at the deadline. In my past, I would say it was mostly due to my work schedule involving travel so I kept waiting to see if I could go. But once I had kids, when I get the invitation it usually requires trip planning with my family so either long drive and more hotel nights or lots of money for several plane tickets. So I procrastinate because we have to sit down and actually crunch out if we can make it happen. 

It isn't a new thing though as one of my brothers complained about the same thing almost 2 decades ago!

Funny enough as my cousin's kid is getting married next month I was talking about RSVP process with my young kid just this past weekend. My kid suggests we (grownups) just get an app that texts everyone everyday until they respond!!!laugh

Driven5
Driven5 UberDork
8/25/22 11:26 a.m.
Advan046 said:

...we (my kid and I) just create an app that texts everyone everyday until they respond!!!laugh

Sounds like a great teaching opportunity about entrepreneurialism.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/25/22 12:03 p.m.

I'd bet money there is a pretty well  researched number of who will respond early, who will respond last minute, how many people will show up without rsvp, and how many will rsvp and not show.

Ask your wedding planner people.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/25/22 12:04 p.m.

We are the wedding planner people :D

Margie

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/25/22 12:23 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

We are the wedding planner people :D

Margie

EXACTLY!!

Which is why my previous comment about the similarity between wedding RSVPs and $2000 Challenge pre-registration! cheeky

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
8/25/22 2:34 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

Some people just have commitment issues or procrastination issues.  Reasonable consideration for others predeceased common decency by at least a decade.  I suggest that you turn the matter over to a tire-iron-wielding Guido trained in the black art of extracting RSVP's from negligent guests.

*sighs* *grabs tire iron and goes off to perform my bridesmaidly duties*

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/25/22 2:43 p.m.
SV reX said:

So, you're saying the response rate closely mirrors the preregistration rate for the $2000 Challenge?

Sounds about right. 

I opened this thread to post something snarky about people waiting till the last minute to register for the $2000 Challenge. You beat me to it. Well played.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/25/22 5:30 p.m.

No clue, but congrats on getting hitched!

Katie Suddard
Katie Suddard Advertising Coordinator
8/29/22 10:28 a.m.

Thanks all for the congratulations! You'll see me and my new husband at the $2000 Challenge this year (he actually registered on time).

triumph7
triumph7 HalfDork
8/29/22 11:36 a.m.

So, I guess a text on the way from the airport to the reception is a no-go?

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
8/29/22 9:22 p.m.
ProDarwin said:
Duke said:

RSVPing is kind of a lost courtesy.  Even my own kids don't always RSVP, or do so very late in the game.

I work in a world of "professionals".

ANY meeting I am going to, I can check the tracking and I guarantee at least 30% have not responded at all.

Its super annoying to me that Outlook and other email clients don't harass you and force you to respond.

Slightly off topic here but that's a bit of an internal flaw to Outlook.  I personally hate getting 100 "accepted" emails when people accept an invite via Outlook so for the longest time I would click the "accept but send no response" option assuming it still showed as accepted in the tracking.  It does not.  If I accept without response it will not show in tracking, very annoying.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sy3sm9PYR3dshMdgwCrmfAPugkJ5vFAedu4gBZYhHFpufEPwehPzWH76kr0YWNc3