1 2 3
hotrodroxie
hotrodroxie New Reader
1/22/11 11:48 p.m.

oh, n if ur pulled over ur just asked for license & insurance.

in colorado u must carry your registration as well, and 'tags' go on plates...that's how it was at least till 2002

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
1/22/11 11:51 p.m.

Ontario - emissions every two years, you don't get your license plate sticker (updated yearly) without a passing certificate. We only have safety inspections when a car changes hands.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
1/23/11 12:02 a.m.

MI- Nothing. I constantly saw cars that should not have been on the road. My girlfriend's old Exploder had the driver side leaf spring pull out of the frame because the bracket rusted through...

GA - No inspections here either, but because we live in Cobb county, we have emissions checks annually, no sticker though.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
1/23/11 8:25 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote: GA - No inspections here either, but because we live in Cobb county, we have emissions checks annually, no sticker though.

I live in a county with no emissions checks, but arguably the license plate sticker doubles as an emissions check sticker. You can't get one if you live in a county with emissions inspections and haven't passed.

thestig99
thestig99 New Reader
1/23/11 8:57 a.m.

VT - One sticker, 2.5-3" or so square, top center of the windshield with the rearview.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
1/23/11 9:24 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: NC - we just changed to a no sticker plan. You won't get your registration updated unless you have a current inspection though, so maybe I should have said the upper right corner of the license plate?

and the only thing they test is the lights, horn, turn signals, wiper movement, tread depth, and that there is actually brake pressure ..... '96 and newer emission check... + after market window tint... if factory installed it can be opaque for all anyone cares, but aftermarket needs nearly transparent

no actual brake performance, no suspension performance, nothing that really signifies that the car is safe and reliable......

wbjones
wbjones Dork
1/23/11 9:26 a.m.
hotrodroxie wrote: oh, n if ur pulled over ur just asked for license & insurance. in colorado u must carry your registration as well, and 'tags' go on plates...that's how it was at least till 2002

come on now... this isn't texting, try to use real words..

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
1/23/11 9:41 a.m.

No yearly inspections here.

Auto ADD
Auto ADD Dork
1/23/11 10:09 a.m.

TX - yearly inspection/emissions 3"x 1.5" in the lower left corner along the A-pillar. The registration sticker is the same size and goes just above it.

IL - I haven't lived there since the early 80's but back then no inspection or emissions test, but you had to get a city sticker (tax) that went in the lower left.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
1/23/11 7:54 p.m.

While I don't like paying for my yearly safety and emissions inspection in Pennsylvania, I do think some sort of inspection is necessary.

There are plently of people outside of the ones on GRM who will drive for years on broken parts, check engine lights, and wait for the car to literally stop moving (or not be able to stop) before they fix it. Rust just makes the degradation faster.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
1/23/11 8:49 p.m.
hotrodlarry wrote: N.H. - one sticker 2.5" square above the rear view mirror center of windshield.

Seeing as how most of the country doesn't have inspections I feel a bit miffed over paying $40 a year for mine and then registration which is a value based on the original price and weight blah blah blah of the car. My Legacy costs $160 a year to register. My 21 year old CRX cost me $108 a year to register.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ru5qyDrKXurcSUfqjKsjqnTpWrl2l1fkmSmxHqBrnTFJtTM0h9rUjDyR3DYVkXGl