1 2
stroker
stroker UberDork
3/10/22 5:15 p.m.

I had a 357 lever action '92 carbine that I sold and will kick myself for all time...

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/10/22 5:17 p.m.

You can sell them?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/10/22 5:20 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Not if they don't have serial numbers on them....three letter agencies get all uppity about that. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/22 5:20 p.m.

Guns are like busses for me. I never sell them. 

As for lost in a boating accident? None yet but that could change.

Toyman!
3/10/22 5:22 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Yes. The local flea market has a couple of tables every weekend. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
3/10/22 5:31 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Not if they don't have serial numbers on them....three letter agencies get all uppity about that. 

They're four letter agencies these days. Coincidentally, when I think about the agencies, four letter words are the first that spring to mind...

As to the original q, I wish I still had my little .17hmr. It was a lot of fun. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/10/22 5:37 p.m.

I sold a plastic bodied .22 a few months before demon child was born. I really wish I still had that light little thing to teach her to shoot with. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/10/22 5:37 p.m.

I have never sold a gun, but did trade an H&R 999 in for a new Browning Challenger.   The H&R was considered a cheap handgun than, but their prices today don't reflect that.  

There is a Marlin Golden 39A in the family that my brother pretty much claimed.  He also claimed my father's Browning Sweet 16 shotgun.  I really liked both guns, but that Browning is something special.  

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
3/10/22 6:14 p.m.

Model 41 S&W 22LR

Was going to upgrade to the performance center version and then they became light on the ground and never got around to it. 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
3/10/22 6:41 p.m.

Turns out they weren't legally mine but when my FIL passed away "I" had a collection of 40ish firearms worth around $50k.

Discovered quickly during the subsequent divorce that money grubbing exes will know EXACTLY where everything is and EXACTLY what is legally off the table for division of assets.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
3/10/22 6:45 p.m.

The one I didn't get a chance to wipe the prints off of first.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
3/10/22 7:56 p.m.

A Colt Peacemaker, serial number G33455, in .22 that my Dad gave to me one Christmas.  I sold it when I was a freshman in college so I could buy an engagement ring for a girl.  It's been nearly 30 years.  I still have the girl, but I wish I had the gun too. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/22 8:00 p.m.
Toyman! said:

Guns are like busses for me. I never sell them. 

As for lost in a boating accident? None yet but that could change.

Are we still talking about the buses or the guns?

I do wish I hadn't had to give my C7 back, but I missed my combat boots more.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
3/10/22 8:24 p.m.

I traded my first Swedish Mauser with another gun and cash to get something newer/nicer. I figured I could get another Swde later, which I did. I did not realize how unusually good that first one was until I went looking for another.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
3/10/22 8:31 p.m.

I had an IMI Jericho 9mm/41 cal AE, otherwise known as the baby Desert Eagle.  I gave it to my nephew several years ago because it hadn't been fired in almost 20 years.  The .41 Action Express ammo is horribly expensive nowadays, but my brother has a bunch of the special casings and can do reloads.

Mr_Asa said:

You can sell them?

What I am saying. 

Toyman!
3/10/22 9:25 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I've sold as many busses as I have sold guns. 

Which is to say I still own every bus and gun I've ever bought. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/22 9:37 p.m.

Beretta Cougar .45 ACP.  I went to the store to get something concealable and saw it.  Fell in love.  Instead of leaving with a used concealable $250 piece, I left with a brand new monster $670 piece.  Came with a really nice case and the grey woodgrain grips.  It was sexy, but couldn't hit a pie plate at 25 feet.

I traded it for a motherlode of parts - Alcoa wheels for my van, a Caddy 500, some LT1 heads, and a ton of other stuff.  Completely filled my van to the ceiling with parts from this guy.

That Cougar and a .410 are actually the only firearms I have ever parted with.  The .410 was my first small game shotgun and I just outgrew it.  Most of the rest of what I have are things like my hunting rifle or family heirlooms.  There are a few I could part with, but why?  They take up so little space.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/10/22 10:12 p.m.

S&W Model 28.  At the range, the extra weight over my Model 10 was so nice, so little recoil, great balance.  But, the trigger just wasn't anywhere as good.  I should have had a gunsmith work it over, instead of getting rid of it.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/10/22 10:44 p.m.

My dad brought an Arasaka Type 99 back from Japan. It got stolen. I had declined to sell it, so the guy got it for free while the house was unoccupied. I wish I still had it, it was in really good condition.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
3/10/22 11:38 p.m.

I picked up a Mosin Nagant on a whim back when they were $150. Neat rifle and in good shape. Put 50 rounds through it, got it out of my system then sold it for $150. The days of $150 Mosins are long behind us.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/22 12:22 a.m.
Toyman! said:

I've sold as many busses as I have sold guns. 

Which is to say I still own every bus and gun I've ever bought. 

Me too. I've never bought either :)

I was curious about the projected probability of losing a bus in a boating accident. 

Toyman!
3/11/22 7:00 a.m.

It's going to be tricky. 

And take a big boat. laugh

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/11/22 2:22 p.m.

I don't really regret either of the handguns I've sold. The CZ 75D was pretty sweet, but I never really got used to the DA/SA trigger.

I did pass on a free SKS many years ago. My brother was getting rid of his guns and offered me his SKS or a Marlin 60 for my first gun. I took the Marlin. I have mixed feelings on that decision. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/11/22 2:28 p.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

While 7.62X39 used to be really cheap, those days seem long gone, so going with the 22 is looking like it was the right choice.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZKfg4WnTS5TafE9Mz0SgISwcLvT3SYiNwdx82NwSPWY26m1XjK207R9Yh1Seh8jT