bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 10:44 a.m.

This, right here, s what I want.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/8/22 10:50 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Uggg. No. Too much sand without water. I love the beach, but without the water, I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 10:54 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I hate water. Love desert. That home is currently $899k, sits on 98 acres, 3br 3 ba, garages, barns and seclusion. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/22 10:57 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Where is that? 

My wife and I often look at Arizona somewhere between Tucson and Phx or north east of Phx

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/22 10:57 a.m.
mtn said:

In reply to bobzilla :

Uggg. No. Too much sand without water. I love the beach, but without the water, I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 10:58 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

East Central Arizona.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/8/22 10:58 a.m.
Duke said:
Fueled by Caffeine said:

Citizens united decison and fairness doctrine. 

Those are the reasons why we're so polarized. Done. What's next ?

There is more to it than that by far.

Vast swathes of modern culture are addicted to fear, since most genuine survival problems have largely been solved at this point.

I'd say that we've always been addicted to fear.  This isn't a modern issue.  Just like violence isn't a modern issue.  Violence was such a concern in tbt old west many cities made people leave their guns outside city limits. 

it's all about the media cycle paid for by heaps of cash jamming this stuff in our faces constantly. 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/8/22 11:04 a.m.
Steve_Jones said:
bobzilla said:

In reply to Steve_Jones :

I think you missed the actual point. It's not the media presence. It's the presence of people, expectations and needs of work, life and everything else. When I say disappear fro the world, I mean that. Gone. No one knows where I am, just surrounded by the things I hold most dear to me. Sadly I have to work in a world with people. Interact with people. Deal WITH PEOPLE. Its the people I no longer want to deal with.

You were ranting about being bombarded with "politics" so I assumed you meant on tv/computer/whatever vs in person.  I've never had anyone suddenly bring up "politics" out of the blue,much less enough people to feel like I am being bombarded with it, so I can't relate. 

You are lucky. I have worked with a few people that just can't help but make everything political even if it has nothing to do with what we are talking about or barely has anything to do with what we are talking about.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/8/22 11:07 a.m.
bobzilla said:

I think you missed the actual point. It's not the media presence. It's the presence of people, expectations and needs of work, life and everything else. When I say disappear fro the world, I mean that. Gone. No one knows where I am, just surrounded by the things I hold most dear to me. Sadly I have to work in a world with people. Interact with people. Deal WITH PEOPLE. Its the people I no longer want to deal with.

I hope you are able to find something that helps you deal with all this and I know I can't offer anything helpful. I know that we don't always agree on everything but I do like you being on here and I wish you all the best.

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Copy & Design Editor
11/8/22 11:16 a.m.
jharry3 said:

Where I notice the systemic anger is on the road. 

I have never before seen so many red light runners as I have seen in the last few months.   

Lights that are a hard red after a 3 second dwell period of all red, with a full green the opposite way, and these malicious "shiny happy people" blow through going 10 mph over the speed limit.    

Since we're so atomized in our individual homes and rooms and screens, public streets are some of the only places where people from different demographics/leanings interact. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 11:59 a.m.

No Steve I was ranting about people being shiny happy people. You're not helping so please stop. 

edit: Actually if you were bothering to pay attention at all this has been my lifeline to sanity and a hope to be able to cope. There are a lot of good people here still tha haven't been run off by the shiny happy people that it's nice to once in a while be able o share my struggle in a hope to be an outlet that helps. The berkeleying world as a whole sucks and people as a whole are E36 M3ty shiny happy people to one another. Dealing with your own demons (depression, anxiety) while being bombarded with it sometimes can be too much to handle. Right now I've burned through all my other lifelines without over using them and have this left.  Can you try to not berkeley this up too?

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
11/8/22 1:13 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

I have been paying attention, and am aware of your struggles.  I also know this place is not political so when you revived this thread with:

Ugh.... politics brings out the shiny happy people for sure. I would say I'll be glad its over but at this point i's NEVER over. Bombarded at all times. 

I assumed you meant TV and other online places. If you look at my first reply it was don't turn on the TV or click on the other websites.  You have now changed that to you are angry at people in general , and now me for some reason, and for that I have no suggestions, as it's a tough place to get out of once you are at that point.

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
11/8/22 1:20 p.m.
bobzilla said:

No track? Not even a skidpad?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 1:26 p.m.

well, lets see. We don't have cable or any method to record shows so we watch TV OTA. You know what saturates that medium right now? political ads. People want to talk about it, discuss it, have their own opinions verified blah blah blah. Yeah, inundated with stupidity. 

I'm tired of people. I spend 3-4 hours a day dealing with a Ford parts dept that can't pull their head out of their ass long enough to get us the parts they have in stock and they are less than half a block away. When they do, its wrong,  pulled wrong, damaged etc. I spend more time fixing their E36 M3 than all my other vendors COMBINED. 

DST has berkeleyed my already weak sleep schedule. Body, already confused, is more confused. I now sleep 90 minutes hard as a rock and snap awake thinking I've slept for 5-6 hours. So to top the mental challenges I'm now physically exhausted. 

Then we have you, Steve. You're notorious for wrecking E36 M3. I don't need the last outlet for me to be wrecked. Maybe you don't intend to, maybe you do. But it still happens. PLEASE.... can we work together and try to help me out a little here? I need the help. I need the outlet. I need the support that this stupid place and stupid hobby provides. I'm being very needy and I know it. But please... 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 1:26 p.m.
j_tso said:
bobzilla said:

No track? Not even a skidpad?

pavement brings humans. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/8/22 2:57 p.m.
bobzilla said:

well, lets see. We don't have cable or any method to record shows so we watch TV OTA. You know what saturates that medium right now? political ads. People want to talk about it, discuss it, have their own opinions verified blah blah blah. Yeah, inundated with stupidity. 

So, if OTA TV annoys you this much, don't watch it? 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
11/8/22 3:36 p.m.
z31maniac said:
bobzilla said:

I suggested that earlier, but was told "I missed the point" for some reason, then got called an shiny happy person, so that is not a good solution.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 3:55 p.m.
z31maniac said:
bobzilla said:

Wife wants to watch shows that she likes. She's also half deaf so the TV is on in the house. That's not an option at this moment.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/8/22 4:03 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:
z31maniac said:
bobzilla said:

I suggested that earlier, but was told "I missed the point" for some reason, then got called an shiny happy person, so that is not a good solution.

Dude.  What you're saying is not wrong, but he's politely asked you to back off.

Maybe consider doing that?

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/8/22 4:04 p.m.

Here's my dream location:

Mount Roraima's Most Awe-Inspiring Photos All In One Place

Just me and my family, caring for the top of a tepius, ignoring the world.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/8/22 4:11 p.m.

This messaging is weird. 

bobzilla said:

I'm tired of people.

Bob:  I hate people.  I don't want to speak, interact with them, see them, or live anywhere near them.

Also Bob:  *posts on social message board discussions, interacting with lots of people*

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
11/8/22 4:15 p.m.

I'd like an island castle.

probably get a lot of exercise running away from the spectre that's after my head.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/8/22 4:19 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

dculberson sets yet another world record by free climbing the face in 3 hours, 28.41 minutes.

Staggering to his home in total exhaustion he hears "honey, did you remember to pick up the AA batteries".

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/8/22 4:25 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

I didn't get the "kick 'em in the nuts when they're down" memo...could you or Steve_Jones please forward it - thanks.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/22 4:26 p.m.
Duke said:
Steve_Jones said:
z31maniac said:
bobzilla said:

Dude.  What you're saying is not wrong, but he's politely asked you to back off.

Maybe consider doing that?

Thank you bu you're wasting your effort. 

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C3BOuCKZOWC5v9PXn4ohGbqITICHlYvA372C5MCoU9M4zSIuWrBjDaKzPaGEJlmu