1 2
ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
6/17/09 9:01 p.m.

i just thought that i would do something like this for the test to see if your spend to much time reading the zine or on the boards....(insert tounge in cheek)

after spending most of the night reading threads, you get off line and then read a robotech fan fic and during the night you end up dreaming of everyone from the message board as part of the ship crew and really bad ideas from that which includes guido as the captian, and many other misfits from here as other ship crew members and something about VF-1A valkires that do not look like F-14's but instead look like transforming miata's in space with guns..... and yes i am thinking about writing sometype of story with this idea..just something about a clown as the captin of a space ship....with makeup and big shoes....the first GRM fan fiction story....

you have a post count of over 20,000.....

you can quote challange cars that make super cars look wimpy....

you can talk about low grade racing on budget and find anything big time to be boring...like lemons, babe, the challange...

someone talks about thier drag car thats really fast and you make mention about a nova that would spank thiers for under 2K.....and runs 10's

you can make metion what are some of the hot cars in scca solo classes for stock over the past few years....sigh....

you have gone out of your way to compaile the bible of the church of the hole cone...and then forget about it most times.....

make pointless theards like this one just to increase your post whore count...

you have put on a panel about racing at an anime con because you found the drifting panel to be boreing.....

your neibors really love you with all the cars parked where you live.....

you take lots of pictures of cars at races, cruise nights, car shows, more then you do of people...

you keep want to getinto one type of racing for years but the lack or a car and or cash prevents you....(like the car sitting in the driveway thats needs to be done...but lack of cash...othe times got cash, no can find a car...sigh..)

abumason
abumason New Reader
6/17/09 9:12 p.m.

you get angry when an E30 is crushed in a movie - even if it's CGI (just watched Transformers on Blu-Ray)

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/17/09 9:24 p.m.

You don't look at cars how they are, but how they could be if you had the time, space and money.

You have actually considered turbocharging a E150.

GregTivo
GregTivo Reader
6/17/09 9:53 p.m.

you see a neon and remember how the ACR's could really dominate autocross back in the day rather than wonder how cute the girl is driving it,

Luke
Luke Dork
6/17/09 10:05 p.m.

You giggle when you see the word 'berkeley' on a sign.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
6/17/09 10:10 p.m.

when you see an E36 and wonder why...

wherethefmi
wherethefmi Dork
6/17/09 10:10 p.m.

People don't understand your desire to shop for performance parts at the junkyard.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
6/17/09 10:11 p.m.

and BTW I love Robotech!!!

wannabewrench
wannabewrench New Reader
6/17/09 10:34 p.m.

When you're thinking how tough your Civic would look in flat paint.

caffecapri
caffecapri New Reader
6/17/09 10:35 p.m.

When EVERY issue comes out, you spend time scrouring eBay or craigslist for "something" that was featured in that months issue (this month for me, the 240z, the little 50cc Honda pitbike and old RX7s from the preview for NEXT month). It's a sickness.

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
6/18/09 12:46 a.m.

You almost wreak because you're not paying attention to the road, rather, you're looking behind barns or in front yards for the next Challenge project, you might be a GRMer.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
6/18/09 1:02 a.m.

You have ten cars in the driveway and none of them run.

I keep a set of binoculars in my truck. When we go on trips, the wife helps by scouting cars in farmyards. We're looking for rear quarters for her 1948 Chevrolet at the moment.

Shawn

zoomx2
zoomx2 New Reader
6/18/09 7:27 a.m.

When you seriously think about bringing a '97 Caravan named Stu with a turbo and full cage to the challenge (maybe next year?).....

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Reader
6/18/09 7:58 a.m.

when you keep the neighbors up with an air rachet trying to get a stripped tie rod end off your hooptie...

when this website is left up on my screen all day at work and my boss approves...

when your girlfriend gets jealous because you are looking at the grassroots magazine more than looking at her...

when you feel like its Christmas morning when you go to the junkyard...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury HalfDork
6/18/09 9:12 a.m.
  • When you are smash your thumb with your hammer, and you literally almost say E36 M3 instead of SH_T.
  • When you dream in home-made fiberglass creations
  • When you randomly see a used car forsale on the side of the road, and already know that a turbo and rear end are available on craigs list
  • when you automatically stop considering purchases once they exceed $200x
  • you dont call cars a Sentra or a 3 series, but instead call em B13 or an E30
MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
6/18/09 9:21 a.m.

If you've gone Porsche shopping on a $2000 budget...

If you've used "berkely" as a cuss word in real life...

If the cars you're lusting over change like clockwork on a 1.5 month timeframe...

If every car you own either has been entered in a sanctioned racing event or won't pass a tech inspection...

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
6/18/09 11:31 a.m.

You don't modify your cars past $2009 dollars. Just in case.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Reader
6/18/09 11:36 a.m.

When you check out a friend's new patio and wonder how many people are buried under it.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/18/09 11:38 a.m.

You know you are a GRMer when you seriously consider starting a $20,009 GRHousingsports Home Challenge.

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun New Reader
6/18/09 12:00 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: + When you are smash your thumb with your hammer, and you literally almost say E36 M3 instead of SH_T.

Bbbbbwahhhhhhhhh! Need to wipe coffee from computer now. Especially since I have done this sort of, it works real well around kids too... And when the three year old runs around yelling e36 M3 your car friends think he is the coolest kid around!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
6/18/09 12:39 p.m.

When you measure purchases in $200X increments (ie: holy e36 m3, I could build 6 Challenge cars for that!)

When the local property maintenance inspector is programmed into your phone, and he's given up on trying to debate with you over all the crap in your yard (because you learned from AngryCorvair how to split legal hairs in the rules).

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
6/18/09 12:41 p.m.

If you've racked up over 20,000 miles hauling nearly useless crap all over the country for free for people you've barely even met.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
6/18/09 2:25 p.m.

You browse the magazine aisle at the bookstore and are surprised to see pictures of women in bikinis on the covers of car magazines.

You pick up another car magazine in a waiting room, and spend more time reading the tire advertisements than the articles.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury HalfDork
6/18/09 2:35 p.m.
Salanis wrote: You pick up another car magazine in a waiting room, and spend more time reading the tire advertisements than the articles.

+12345184

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
6/18/09 6:36 p.m.
zoomx2 wrote: When you seriously think about bringing a '97 Caravan named Stu with a turbo and full cage to the challenge (maybe next year?).....

i really want to see this.......a minivan with a rollcage......

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vXMJ0trSehvYZp3NRV2hlZWtGFMJiuq9H5v8M7O0hFYbjTfHh5GTp1db39LSTWUc