1 2
Pat
Pat New Reader
6/18/09 9:37 p.m.

You think a Miata is the be all and end all answer....to everything.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Reader
6/18/09 10:43 p.m.

You've used a penny, jumper cables and a battery to fix a pinhole leak in an oilpan.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
6/18/09 11:11 p.m.

When you have owned a 1964 Karmann Ghia, 1968 Karmann Ghia, 1969 Karmann Ghia, 1970 Karmann Ghia, 1971 Karmann Ghia, 1973 Karmann Ghia, 1974 Karmann Ghia, 1960 Beetle, 1972 Beetle, 1964 Corvair 700, and a 1984 Rabbit GTI but still don't have your drivers license.

When you make a hood scoop from a trash can and a cold air intake from pvc pipe.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/09 8:37 a.m.

When your jealous of a kid that dosen't have a license because he has cooler cars than you

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Reader
6/19/09 8:42 a.m.
Pat wrote: You think a Miata is the be all and end all answer....to everything.

Judge: and what is your plea?

Defendant: Miata, your Honor...

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
6/19/09 2:28 p.m.

...When, a car finally goes to the yard at the end of its life, you regard it more like a soilder who survived D-day and is finally going home, then a simple machine at the end of its use.

(I still want a Celebrity rallycross car, that thing was a trooper, never, ever failed me. Went to the yard running, 320K BTW)

egnorant
egnorant Dork
6/20/09 11:59 a.m.

I bought a Miata..... I spotted a GRM sticker on a Yugo at the parts store and freaked out Johnny Pruit by acting like a doof.

One of our favorite games is "What's under the car cover".

Your GPS has points of interest such as "Porsche 928 with no wires" and "Ferrari inside house".

I listened in horror as a friend described his $900 front suspension and his $1400 engine while he installed the $250 shifter in his project.

You understand (and can convince SWMBO) the economics of buying a welder, lift, tubing bender and a plasma cutter as opposed to buying a kit to install the T5.

If your criteria for car shopping includes looking for flat tires, expired registration or a specific bolt pattern you may be a GRM reader.

If one parts car is still supplying part for its 3rd project car....I think you qualify!

If you feel justified that after 9 years on the shelf that broken aluminum dolly supplies a part to fix the truck..

I could do this all day!!

Bruce

benzbaron
benzbaron Reader
6/20/09 6:30 p.m.

You buy the magazine at the store, read it in two days and go back to the store every subsequent week hoping the new magazine came out.

You try to convince your father to use the mechanical test machines at his work for car related projects and see the parallels between the cycle machine and the shock dyno advetised in the magazine.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
6/21/09 6:49 p.m.

My favorites, although any of these could describe me.

If the cars you're lusting over change like clockwork on a 1.5 month timeframe... When you randomly see a used car forsale on the side of the road, and already know that a turbo and rear end are available on craigs list when you automatically stop considering purchases once they exceed $200x you dont call cars a Sentra or a 3 series, but instead call em B13 or an E30

When you wonder if anyone else in your little bumblefark town knows what corner carving is instead of big trucks with lots of black smoke.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
6/21/09 7:00 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: You have actually considered turbocharging a E150.

Guilty....

When you purchase cars in pairs, for less than $200X

When you autocross your challenger and proudly advise the Corvette driver next to you, who you are swapping times with, that your car cost you less than his tires.

924guy
924guy HalfDork
6/21/09 7:29 p.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: If you've gone Porsche shopping on a $2000 budget... If you've used "berkely" as a cuss word in real life... If the cars you're lusting over change like clockwork on a 1.5 month timeframe... If every car you own either has been entered in a sanctioned racing event or won't pass a tech inspection...

amen brother......

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
6/21/09 9:29 p.m.

You know ...when you see Guido's 343 "Coop' from the Challenge at a local Illinois used car lot and start shouting "Holy e36 m3! It's the world's fastest clown car! Look-look-look!" All the while, your friends in the car are looking at you like you have a snake coming out of your nose.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado HalfDork
6/21/09 10:47 p.m.

When you try to talk a staff member into buying a car you own (or are thinking of buying) so you can see what can be done with it...

(Re: Per wants another VW, David bought a 911)

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado HalfDork
6/23/09 2:09 a.m.
Paul_VR6 wrote: You've used a penny, jumper cables and a battery to fix a pinhole leak in an oilpan.

I'm bowing to your greatness. Only thing even close to that I ever did was use a condom and a toothpase box to fix the fuel pump on my old BMW E3 once. You remember the ones on the early M30 sixes that mounted up on the head and were driven by the camshaft?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
6/23/09 12:12 p.m.

If you own a car and a matching parts car, just to keep it running.

Better if they are worth less than $200X combined.

Better if the parts car price was more than the driver, just because of the recoup.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/09 12:26 p.m.

You know you are "Challenged" when you schedule major surgeries strategically to get time off for GRM functions.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
6/23/09 3:37 p.m.

you know when someone talks about thier really cool expence car and what it can do and you luagh and telll them about really cheap cars you can biuld for less then $2000....

or you wont spend more then that on a car anymore and are spoiled becase of it...

trying to figure out to get $500 to get a new toy...even though there is no way to pay for getting the challange car done first....

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JFbfbiWDSo0dZzsUE4mta4vVH7pY2aoJRjEx4ABkj7bRTja15JwO5ryVU3v9UM88