1 2

When you buy GRM-branded underwear? 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/22 3:41 p.m.

You meet another GRM member somewhere, and it's like you've already been good friends for 25 years.

ralleah
ralleah GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/29/22 4:30 p.m.

When you're flying home (MHT to DCA Monday evening in this case), and notice that there's a dude at your gate wearing one of Seth's shirts (green one)...

I was a little taxed keeping my 3yo happy and from bugging everyone around us, otherwise I would have tried to do more than say a quick hi!

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/29/22 5:45 p.m.

When we're all checking up on each other today. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/30/22 1:36 a.m.

How do you know you belong here? When people you've never met in person save your life.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
9/30/22 8:26 a.m.

My wife is always, "what are you looking at?!" when driving through backroads, constantly twisting my neck, looking all over the place....Im looking in driveways and behind houses for an 'old' car that they might sell for cheap lol

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/30/22 9:16 a.m.

Many reasons

When first I had multiple cars I remember pulling up to the house and thinking, "it's like with my HotWheels! I don't just have 'a car,' I have CARS. And I can choose which one to drive based on how I feel that morning!"

Best achieved ratio was 1:5

Or

If you often feel compelled to explain to people, "if you have one beater, you'd better have multiple beaters, just in case something breaks"

Or

Whenever a new model came out you'd get together with your best friend and see if you could spot the influences

Or

You get a free car from a mechanic because he's tired of fixing it, and sometimes when the "new" fender gets too bad looking you get out the rattle can and spruce it up some

Or

Whenever you hear someone - anyone - say they're going to scrap their car they recently drove to work, you offer them $200 above salvage, sight unseen

Or

Perusing parts cars in the junkyard, you find some cars in better shape than your own car out in the parking lot and consider asking if they can do a trade

Or

You know your crush is "the one" when you find out her middle name is a car brand. And then you name all of your babies after cars

Or

When you're fixing a car for someone their 10 year old son asks, "if you like cars so much, why don't you have a cool one?" (That can be a very motivational question, there!)

Or

Your little girls can spot their favorite cars from blocks away

Or

You buy your dream car, sight unseen, after looking up common parts prices and catastrophic parts prices and figure labor is free

calteg
calteg SuperDork
9/30/22 9:18 a.m.
P3PPY said:

When you're fixing a car for someone their 10 year old son asks, "if you like cars so much, why don't you have a cool one?"

I feel personally attacked

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/30/22 9:24 a.m.
P3PPY said:

Many reasons

Whenever you hear someone - anyone - say they're going to scrap their car they recently drove to work, you offer them $200 above salvage, sight unseen

Effectively this is how I acquired at least 4 cars. The Liberty, the Taurus, the Chevy prizm I'd already owned once, and one of the mx6's

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/1/22 9:35 a.m.
calteg said:
P3PPY said:

When you're fixing a car for someone their 10 year old son asks, "if you like cars so much, why don't you have a cool one?"

I feel personally attacked

Wait a minute-- wasn't that you in the other post with a stable of awesome cars, including what looked like the tail of an Elise in your garage??

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U91Xx8kafnFDwuCNJHgHPtHkR2F3BIQZNJPpEcIAMYEghkc8VbZrrgKuO3Ylfnkb