Jay_W
Jay_W HalfDork
9/14/09 10:12 a.m.

..when you see a Miata with a personalized plate says "RX 4AGE" and instead of thinking "Hah that's great, the guy bought a Miata as a prescription against getting old" you instead immediately think "WTF? Dude gutted his Miata and stuck an RX7 tranny in it and cobbled it up to a Toyota mill, WTF?

...and then facepalm yourself...

..and then stab yourself in the head with a spork when you realize you can't decide which of 3 or 4 different gearhead geek forums to post this to first...

Mental
Mental SuperDork
9/14/09 10:50 a.m.

Yeah, I would have thought the same thing...

...then went home and started researching how much I could cobble that together for and see if it was less than $2k

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
9/14/09 10:56 a.m.

Im so lost in gearhead-dom that I couldnt understand youre "prescription" theory until I really read the actual letters. Im an AE86 guy so Im already a little off, but seeing 4AGE, I really cant help but picture yodas I4. theres nothing else for me in that alphanumeric combo whatsever...

help

DrBoost
DrBoost HalfDork
9/14/09 11:31 a.m.

OH man, that's GREAT! I didn't even think of the age thing untill I read the post the second time. I saw the swap in the plate as well.

awebb
awebb New Reader
9/14/09 11:38 a.m.

Wow, that's the exact same reaction I had too.

jrw1621
jrw1621 HalfDork
9/14/09 11:57 a.m.

I though that the Miata was a just what he needed (prescription) to get over the fact that he could not find a Corolla GTS or MR2. Then I thought what he really needs a prescription for is a 4agz (the supercharged version)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/09 12:37 p.m.

As soon as I saw that I thought "What kind of Frankenstein swap is that!?" I might never have figured out the true meaning. I'd probably be following him around to see if I could get a peek under the hood when he parks.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
9/14/09 12:46 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: As soon as I saw that I thought "What kind of Frankenstein swap is that!?" I might never have figured out the true meaning. I'd probably be following him around to see if I could get a peek under the hood when he parks.

yup sounds about right... i'd follow him around... but my guess is he was an ae86 guy who moved onto a me-otter...

Jay_W
Jay_W HalfDork
9/14/09 12:55 p.m.

Actually had a chat with the feller. He knows not from nuthin bout no toyota stuff but likes the miata well enough that this was his 2nd, and both have Jackson blowers on 'em. But I guess my affliction is shared by others, and that there is no cure.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/09 1:12 p.m.

He'd probably feel even younger with a Flyin Miata Turbo ;)

as for the plate, I thought the same thing. Rotary and 4AGE? WTF? Where?

wayslow
wayslow New Reader
9/14/09 1:21 p.m.

Wow, I'll admit that I suck at deciphering vanity plates but the only thing I thought of was it seemed like an odd but interesting swap.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D7lvN1HGdeOycJA56QAVocKnLAHkNvNExeT7RniCJiyHxM77FHe2yfrXv9WBDGTT