Esimon
Esimon
9/1/19 1:09 p.m.

Ive come across a small collection 70's era Formula Vee and Formula Ford parts.  Theres a rolling March chassis with a 1.8L VW block, transaxle, Hewland components... theres a spare, nearly complete, built 1.6L VW block along with two extra blocks, heads..... a variety of stuff for them.  All of the suspension and steering components are assembled and fully functional.  The Hewland box has a rebuild tag on it with the gearing, looks to be fresh.  There are Hewland side plates, and what I assume is a Hewland suspension mount between the transaxle and engine.

The Formula Ford stuff is a LOLA chassis that looks like its never been used or assembled.  The tag reads, Model 202, Chassis No. 202/.74.   Its got a fresh coat of paint and currently on some assembly stands.  There is a built 771M kent engine (dry sump, aftermarket ignition, intake, weber carb), a stock 711M engine along with an extra block.

There is an extra set of matching wheels, a good amount of old glass body parts, some dry sump pumps...

Also, oddly enough there is a pair of BRE fuel injection bodies which I assume are for a Datsun Z

This is a facet of the car world that I am not very exposed to.  I am either looking to piece these parts out one by one or sell it all in a package deal.  Looking for reasonable offers and really just any information on the history and value of these parts.

I can provide detailed photos and information of anything previously included.

Thanks.

-ES

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
9/3/19 1:41 p.m.

Hey Esimon

What's the location? I'm tentatively interested, but have no idea what fair-market is on anything remotely like this.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/4/19 10:30 a.m.

How about pictures of the 1600 vw engine and the BRE injection bodies.  

And where are you?

Esimon
Esimon New Reader
9/4/19 4:12 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

I am located in Southern California.  I've found some general pricing if interested.

Esimon
Esimon New Reader
9/4/19 4:15 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

im having trouble uploading photos.  I can send via email or text.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/4/19 4:29 p.m.

In reply to Esimon :

Keawillc @ Gmail. com. 

Remove the spaces. 

Just saw you are in CA.  Don’t bother with the engine pics, but continue with the other

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
9/5/19 8:40 a.m.

Here are the pictures he sent me (I emailed him a bit earlier) - If you want any other's posted just email them to bill or I. I wish these were closer, that's a cool car....

Esimon
Esimon New Reader
9/6/19 1:46 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :thank you very much for posting the photos!

I wish I could keep it for myself but I have decades of projects ahead of me and no room for anything else.  looks like a ton of fun!

if anybody is interested in the complete Formula Vee car, please let me know, would love to see this end up in somebodies hands who can really appreciate and use it.

s2europa
s2europa New Reader
9/8/19 9:34 p.m.

In reply to Esimon :

I tried sending a message, but it bounced. Can you email me at danmo yahoo about the Vee? Thanks. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WX7F5GeUdsnSEqkDIjZsMvCjZTmyACpWccNeEWPaTzeDjfBdMK0mkh2Q5K5n8VAv