Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/29/20 1:13 p.m.

I pulled the catback exhaust parts off my 2006 Corvette Z06 and replaced them with a newer stock exhaust. The old one had gotten slightly bent up at some point, not even sure how. Basically I have the mid-pipe and two axle backs. The axle backs have the pipes cut partway so that I could remove the thing easier. It's not something anyone would want to put on their Vette, but maybe for some challenge participant they might have a use?  Otherwise I'll take them to the dump. I got an almost new set shipped to me from a guy in Florida for $600, so a banged up set isn't going to net me much of anything.

The parts are all stainless with 3" pipes. Mid pipe is a dual and then the two axle backs with the mufflers. Mufflers have the trick vacuum regulator that can close off one of the exhaust ports on each of them. Without vacuum applied it is just open all the time.

Hit me with an email if you want to come by and get them hmeeker at gmail d0t com

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/29/20 1:19 p.m.

If anyone from the Philly area is interested, I may be able to swing by to pick this up on the way home from NH.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/29/20 1:49 p.m.

dang, i could use those for MonZora, but i'm nowhere close to you

Harvey
5/1/20 2:07 p.m.

Yeah, all of it's free to whoever can come get it, but it's definitely not something I want to deal with shipping (not sure if shipping costs factor into 20xx budgets either). The guy that shipped the new(er) exhaust to me sent it in a refrigerator box and had some sort of freight discount at work to get a reasonable rate.

Harvey
5/3/20 1:40 p.m.

For reference. The parts in question.

Harvey
5/18/20 10:44 a.m.

Parts going to the dump this coming weekend.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/20 11:11 a.m.

In reply to Harvey :

We should see if this can get relayed to north carolina for Darth Nader.  Let me buzz Michael 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/18/20 11:13 a.m.

We actually already scored free c5 stock exhaust for Nader! Thanks, but good at this point in time!

jfryjfry (Forum Supporter)
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/19/20 9:05 a.m.

That exhaust is worth something to the vette guys.  It is a Npp exhaust and if you post in on the corvette forum you'll get interested people.   Send me an email if you'd like me to post it for you over there. My username at yahoo. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/20 10:24 a.m.
On April 29th, angrcorvair said:
dang, i could use those for MonZora, but i'm nowhere close to you
Then on May 18th, Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Harvey :

We should see if this can get relayed to north carolina for Darth Nader.  Let me buzz Michael 

good looking out for a brother, cock-knocker!

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/19/20 1:08 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Hater

Harvey
5/26/20 3:34 p.m.

Still have exhaust sitting around.

As for selling it, the exhaust is banged up and the right side axle back bent severely. I cut the axle back on the right side off about 8-12 inches from the mid pipe because the bend it had made it nearly impossible to get it off the car. It's not worth enough for me to bother trying to get it to someone. I paid $600 shipped from Florida for a 10k mile almost new looking 2010 NPP exhaust, both axle backs and the mid pipe.

This is also a 2006 exhaust and most of the guys are looking to get the 2011+ version since it makes a bit more noise.

The mid-pipe might be okay in terms of bends, but the clearances are so tight at various points in the travel path of the exhaust pipes that any change could cause things to rattle or hit at various spots. There is a reason I am giving it away.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vllyQE8RrpqJXLQqsXi9C8pkIzCpF6hJ2AY1yd5b6vU2jlB6XTWX5DoN8hSH4FAe