dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/17/22 6:56 p.m.

I bought this to try to code my ECU and instrument cluster in my 2008 Audi. In my error I messed up my instrument cluster doing so. But they give you a warning if you screw up it's on you. That bit of doom aside it's a nice tablet based scan too and has some key coding capability. 

I bought it off Amazon new and paid $1200. Of course now they go for about $800-900. They also have a subscription service and update vehicle libraries and this one is up. It will still function as is.

So throwing this out here first before trying other places. Make an offer. 

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
11/19/22 1:56 p.m.

I've been looking at bi-directional scanners in the hope of picking one up on Black Friday, so your post caught my eye, but given the starting price of the unit you've got, I don't think I can make you an offer that's both in my range and not insulting. GLWS.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/19/22 8:24 p.m.

So tempting. I found I can't add keys to my caravan without something like this. Given what the dealer charges I've been putting off getting another key. I'm not quite ready to jump in I think. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/19/22 9:26 p.m.

It's more than I really need, and really bad timing for me, but I can tell someone is gonna get a good deal, here! Wish it was me. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/20/22 12:29 p.m.

I'll get some pictures up soon and full details as there are different additional adapters that come in some kits and not in others. The number I'm thinking around is $500. 

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
11/20/22 3:48 p.m.

In reply to dan0 (Forum Supporter) :

Well, you're closer to my number than I anticipated, so if we can confirm that it will program a key for a 2006 Volvo (my only immediate key programming need), we should talk. Definitely interested in seeing the full info on what you've got. IIRC you're in CT; I'm in NY not far from Danbury, so shipping might not be necessary if we can work something out.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/20/22 7:36 p.m.

Put me down as seriously interested too. I'd need to program a 2016 dodge grand caravan key so hopefully it would be capable of that without a $250 annual subscription add on or any other hardware..

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
11/21/22 1:30 p.m.

I think I'm going to bow out here. I did a little research, and while it looks like this unit can program a Volvo key, it also seems to require desoldering a chip from one of the boards in the car, rigging it to connect to the unit, and then performing some sort of complex voodoo ritual to make it work - more than I'm willing to get into.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/21/22 3:44 p.m.

PM sent. I'm in.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/5/22 3:21 p.m.

I got this on Friday and on Saturday finally had a few minutes to mess with it. 15 minutes or so later and I now have two newly programmed keys for my van. Awesome! If anyone needs keys added to their modern vehicle and is within reasonable driving distance of Central Ohio, hit me up. You'll need to figure out the right keys and I'll help program them in. I'll put out a tip jar or something.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t0V6OEvnyrsS0Xfzhfr0OUSdUIRd5hcuAb0PZE046WeKvMLbgZ3dzHDlDxdHa3pQ