dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/9/19 11:07 a.m.

Bought these wheels for my Miata, but I'm not going to be using these wheels anymore. Trying to sell or possibly part out the car, or if I keep it I'll be buying a new set of wheels for it. The seller said he had two sets of tires on the wheels while the one was bent and they balanced out. Could have lost a weight or from sitting flat spotted a tire. I had them on the Miata for a couple hundred miles and did encounter a shake between 30-40 mph, worst between 30-35, then smoothing out after 35. Didn't notice it in higher speeds up to and over 100 mph. I had originally hoped to find a spare wheel but had not had luck in doing so.

Fairly clean wheels, some small scrapes on lips and some clear coat peeling. I gave them a little bath, but might be able to clean up more.

Below is the original post where I bought them, on the wheel on the bottom you can see the bend in the lip. 

Tires are fairly spanked, but I did put a few miles on them without issue. 

Asking $100. 

dan0
9/30/19 7:31 a.m.

Bump. I drove the Miata over the weekend and noticed a little but of the shake mentioned (30-40 mph) on the steel wheels, so the bend in these alloys may not be as bad as I thought. 

dan0
10/27/19 1:43 p.m.

Another bump. Moving sale. Would like these gone. 

dan0
11/24/19 10:11 a.m.

Bump. Any interest at $50? 

My living/garage situation is very fluid at this point and really trying to push some stuff out quick. 

dan0
12/8/19 6:38 p.m.

Another try. 

fatallightning
fatallightning New Reader
12/9/19 2:56 p.m.

How spanked are the tires? Like corded/almost slick, or lil bit?

dan0
12/9/19 3:23 p.m.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/13DqQuQwPvxrEkN98

Some pictures from a couple days ago. Not corded, but some dry rot cracking starting to show. 

I drove around on them for a few hundred miles. 

Trackday, nope. 
Autocross, yeah sure. 
Daily drive, eh maybe. 

dan0
1/4/20 12:30 p.m.

Bump $50, want these gone!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a9pBfGaWjeUeGx3FXtVPKJMaEqSaqGt4kMLc2uhgM0iGlBbud6JNgNRmpoqJBzJw