te72
te72 Reader
3/15/20 7:54 p.m.
Garrett G25-660 0.92 Reverse Rotation, Swain Tech coated exhaust housing.

Bought for a custom install on my 1JZ Supra. I made the mistake of not test fitting the turbo before sending the exhaust housing off to Swain Tech for their White Lightning coating. Unfortunately, it was just barely unable to fit due to my manifold design. Having been modified with the coating, I was unable to return the turbo to the vendor.

So, how is the performance? In a word, excellent. I bought a standard rotation version to suit my installation, and it is exactly what I was looking for in a turbo. Spool is very close to what the tiny stock twins did, yet this turbo doesn't fall off past 6k rpm like the twins. Average power and torque figures were roughly 80% of peak output, which translates to a very wide powerband. This is exactly what I was looking for in a turbo for autocross and track use. Throttle response is much better than my previous setup, and it pulls every bit as hard as the friends I race with who have newer V8 (think LS, Coyote, Voodoo) powered cars.

Applications I can think of off the top of my head would include Miata, Subaru, possibly transverse mounted FWD and AWD cars, V8 twin applications, sky is the limit, really. All depends on engine bay clearances and your particular requirements and mounting preferences. This just wasn't going to fit where I wanted it for my Supra, unfortunately. That said, it is a relatively small sized turbo, roughly equal to a Toyota CT26.

Brand new, never used. However, as a result of test fitting attempts, there are a few scuffs on the exhaust housing. White Lightning isn't a pretty coating, but it does a good job at keeping heat where you want it.

Will be shipped via UPS ground, signature required due to the value of the turbo. Shipping is my main career, so rest assured it will be packaged well. I will pay the shipping charges.

Located in Rock Springs, Wyoming, price is $1850. Can text any time and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm able. 307.389.2021 Text is preferred to start with, spam calls these days cause me to not answer numbers I don't know, hopefully you understand.

If you have any questions, please let me know, and thanks for looking!

-Brad

te72
te72 Reader
3/17/20 9:07 p.m.

Challenge friendly! All you need to do is figure out what $200 car to put it on! =P

Kidding aside, this setup would be great for anyone building a car where response is key. Drifting, autocross, track use, heck, even daily driving, it's a fun turbo!

Forgot to mention this might work for the RB guys as well, since their exhaust is on the opposite side from the JZ guys. Anyone on here wanna build a sweet Skyline?

te72
te72 Reader
3/11/22 11:15 p.m.

Forgot I had posted this on here haha. Still have this turbo if anyone's interested. =)

obsolete
obsolete GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/12/22 12:23 p.m.

Oh man, after lusting after an EFR 6758 for the last couple years, I did NOT need to see this...

0.92 A/R is too big for a 4-cylinder, right? Yeah, that's right. That's why I shouldn't buy it.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/22 8:02 p.m.

V band makes it so enabling as well. I'm resisting, as much as E85 on a BP makes it tempting

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
3/14/22 4:51 p.m.
obsolete said:

Oh man, after lusting after an EFR 6758 for the last couple years, I did NOT need to see this...

0.92 A/R is too big for a 4-cylinder, right? Yeah, that's right. That's why I shouldn't buy it.

Depends on your power goals.  The 0.92 is still a tad small on an S2000 and you really have to have great wastegate priority in your manifold to keep from creeping.

te72
te72 HalfDork
11/11/22 1:11 a.m.

In reply to sobe_death :

Pretty good chance I'm going to be using one of these turbos on a K24 in the next year, if I can get a couple things lined up. I wish that there was a larger housing than the 0.92, personally.

Had no issues with creep on my setup, using a Tial MVR wastegate, recirculated into the downpipe at a fairly sharp angle. Tried my best at facilitating laminar flow, and creating a venturi on the backside of the gate. Worked out quite well, boost is very stable. =)

Didn't see these replies though, my apologies! Still have the turbo, if anyone's wanting to make some sweet choo choo noises. Contact info at the bottom of the first post. =)

te72
te72 HalfDork
2/19/23 11:21 a.m.

Tax time equals turbo time? I think so...

te72
te72 HalfDork
5/17/23 11:16 p.m.

Alright folks, I feel bad this thing is still sitting under my coffee table. It whispers to me, "Why, Brad, why won't you let me make whoosh noises? Why do you keep me locked in this box? Why don't you let me be what I was born to be, a horsepower machine???"

I feel so bad, I'm dropping the price.

$1550 shipped in the US.

Phone situation has changed, my old number stopped getting text messages (thanks Verizon...) so I've been using my work number. 307-922-1908 or you can always email me at spoogie357 on yahoo. Those would be the quickest ways to get a reply. =)

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/28/23 10:23 p.m.

I'd snag this beauty in a heartbeat if I could. I have a home for it, no doubt.

Hope somebody puts it to use soon! 

te72
te72 HalfDork
5/28/23 11:58 p.m.

I hope so too birdmayne. What car would you put it on? Looks like an S30 Z of some sort in your picture?

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/29/23 1:04 a.m.

Yessir! L28ET build. 

40-45 lb/min @ 2 - 2.3 PR is my realistic range. 

Would be a solid home for a G25 or G30

te72
te72 HalfDork
5/31/23 10:26 a.m.

Would definitely be a good option then.

For reference, I made ~370whp on 1.4 bar, using pump 91 octane, on a very conservative tune. That was on my 1JZ Supra, using the standar rotation G25, and it's pretty rowdy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_0tosofhU

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/7/23 10:25 a.m.

Might be perfect for the Rice Rod's 2JZ-GE. Emailed.

obsolete
obsolete GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/23/23 8:07 p.m.

Did you ever sell this? Looking at EFRs again, and seeing the 7163 I want sold out, has me thinking about a G25...

te72
te72 HalfDork
12/23/23 4:14 p.m.

In reply to obsolete :

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. I wish GRM would email me when people reply to topics I start, that'd be helpful.

I still have this turbo, can text me at 307-922-1908. My other number no longer functions with text thanks to Verizon not liking my personal phone, so I've been using my work phone for text. Sorry for the delay in response!

What's your application that you're boosting?

chandler
chandler MegaDork
12/23/23 4:42 p.m.

You can enable emails by clicking the little eye at the top left of the page. This would be fun on my 300CE and it only doubles my build $ to date.

te72
te72 HalfDork
12/23/23 10:09 p.m.

Appears I am following this post, but it has never emailed me about it. I'll just try to check this more often.

I'm drawing a bit of a blank, what is a 300CE? My first thought it Mercedes, but that doesn't quite sound right.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
12/23/23 10:15 p.m.

Yeah, MB

te72
te72 HalfDork
12/23/23 10:35 p.m.

That's pretty rad looking. It's a healthy turbo for a small 6 or a 4 cylinder...

te72
te72 HalfDork
1/1/24 3:05 p.m.

New year, new turbo, anyone? =)

te72
te72 HalfDork
2/20/24 9:58 p.m.

Some tasty wooshy noises in anyone's near future? This might be the turbo for you...

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/21/24 5:56 p.m.
chandler said:

Yeah, MB

Hey, it's only flat on the bottom...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oTU0zliFLa1nu42zrPIUMMxg8RW5Oe1DVF7SlH6KBXHlKEBrz4Ot4FmYlSz3aCwg