gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
7/17/22 11:28 a.m.

T56 for sale that I originally bought for my Caprice and then was going to put in my Tahoe Limited, but I'm one guy with 5 project cars and I've come to terms with the fact that there are other projects I'd rather spend my time on.

This is an SBC T56, not an LS T56. I believe they can be converted with a different input shaft.

Came out of a Camaro Z28, but it has been so long that I don't remember the year. The tag suggests it is a 1994, and my memory says it was either a 1994 or 1995. I have no idea what the mileage was, but the car it came from was parted out because of typical Midwest rust when those cars were at the bottom of their value. I have never had the transmission actually installed in a car to drive it.

Comes with the Hurst shifter you see in the pictures, as well as that yoke. Has a couple poly mounts on it as well. I don't have any clutch parts for it.

Located in Columbus, Indiana. I do drive around the midwest occasionally to race dirt bikes and could potentially bring it to a race or meet someone along the way.

$1500 obo

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
7/18/22 11:23 a.m.

Sold.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
7/18/22 8:37 p.m.

In reply to gearheadE30 :

I wasn't able to get any offers on mine anywhere close to that, and it had a perfect running LT1 with it.
Good job. 

garaithon
garaithon Reader
7/19/22 1:46 p.m.

Dang I needed this like 6 months ago...

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
7/21/22 12:47 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

No kidding, I had a lot of interest in it so I guess I will count myself lucky. They seem to be very thin on the ground now, at least around here.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
7/21/22 3:41 p.m.

In reply to gearheadE30 :

I did finally sell the whole car for a bit more than scrap price, but now have gotten a family member's Roadmaster... the T56 fits nice! SWMBO would have a fit, so probably good it's gone!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/22 9:20 a.m.

Glad this sold... it would be sketch to have a Mazda bellhousing to Jerico adaptor to T56 adaptor to transmission, but I'd be willing to try.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/23/22 4:41 p.m.

I'm happy I got my F body with T56 for 3500 after seeing this.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
7/23/22 4:53 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Heck, I only had $300 in my 97 formula. Admittedly fairly rough around the edges, but would run well enough to drive around the block. I told folks (including on here) I'd take very little for the car, if I kept the T56... and I wouldn't pull the trans. till they got a chance to test drive the car. Said $1200 for all, since that's the lowest I'd seen one for sale. Got laughed at on here... one guy told me the trans was only worth $350. Or tree-fiddy, in his vernacular. 

7/24/22 8:52 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Wish I'd have known.  I'd have rocked this at the challenge.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
7/24/22 10:37 p.m.

That was what I though, too! But (this was 3 years ago,!or so) several threads that mentioned it got a lot of responses. Almost all negative, sadly. Some embarrassingly so. 

My father in law always said he wished he had two of everything he ever sold. Always had someone say "I'd a given ya double that" laugh

The guy that finally bought my FL 50 got a good deal on the thunder chicken(ok, not ta, formula) cause he was cool. While I was getting new tires on front of FL50 for him (after sale) the manager told me same thing. Said he'd been looking for one... except he is friends with a guy I know, and I know Kendal told him. He wasn't interested.  
I started to build it for the challenge, but the crazy started. I didn't fix it to drive, cause neither me nor my wife can get in and out of one now! It hurt me, unless the T tops were out!blush

This gettin'old business...

7/24/22 11:25 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

So you still have it?  I was actually looking for a Pontiac when I found my 96 SS.  

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
7/24/22 11:41 p.m.

All that's left it the 96 former V6 parts car. You can have that! But 90% of what can be unbolted is gone.  Rear hatch is there, the panel in front of hatch across roof; I've heard it's rare. And suspension is all that's left. Steering rack is gone, but it rolls!

I remember having to disconnect the driveshaft from rear end, when I towed it, so I know it's there. And all brakes are there. They prolly work. 
interior (grey) is there, but with doors gone....

but it's free to anyone on here!

make a Kart with driveline of choice!!!

wife might pay you to take it, but I won't give you here phone numberdevil

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
7/24/22 11:44 p.m.

Did you get the SS from Curtis? I know he sold his a couple year ago. 

7/25/22 6:56 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

No I found it locally near me for cheap.  It's covered in my poorly named build thread.  Post challenge it will get a lot more love.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
7/25/22 10:22 p.m.

Cool. The SS is a great car. 
I never liked the looks of the bubble gm cars... 'specially the bubble but wagons. But they are such great cars, I always wanted one.Now my wife has one. I never thought a Roadmaster Sedan would be the one, but youse pay for youse ti'ket, an youse takes youse chances. cheeky

without shipping changes, we are Challenge eligible, but my wife would have a cow. Especially after the MANY dents the cones left. It might win an award for most cones hit... ever. My money would be on all of them!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LEWUMwUNaYrSFS4fQ3c0SgbPIwGV20WcRbykt4h2bX6DHIh5sUFzxvMhPbxBtuHk