HopmanJones
HopmanJones Reader
9/27/22 1:09 p.m.

I am looking for an open center tandem axle car trailer. Wanted to post here just in case any GRM'er has one they are looking to sell before dealing with the normal marketplace madness. I'm in south-central PA, but will travel within reasonable distance for the right deal!

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/27/22 1:20 p.m.

Seems like you could make an open center trailer out of any wood decked trailer by removing a few boards

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
9/28/22 6:55 a.m.

As crazy as it sounds, look at new trailer pricing too.  For whatever reason, car haulers seem to retain their value.  Often a brand new one is only a few hundred more than a used one that has hacked wiring and needs tires

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
9/28/22 8:30 a.m.

Econo trailer is not far from you and has good prices and has been around for a long time. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/28/22 11:11 a.m.

I'm always looking myself and most on Marketplace near me are around $2500-3500 for open center that is decent. There are deals under $2000 but they never last very long or more in the homemade side or needing work. 

HopmanJones
HopmanJones Reader
9/28/22 11:39 a.m.
Sonic said:

Econo trailer is not far from you and has good prices and has been around for a long time. 

They are a strong contender. Unfortunately it seems like the prices for their trailers have shot up like everything else, but they still seems like a good value all things considered.  People seem to rave about how well they pull, and I think I read in one of the threads here that the fenders will clear Miata doors, so its promising. 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
9/28/22 2:35 p.m.

If your car won't quite clear the trailer fenders, put a 2x4 or a 2x6 down for the car to sit on to raise the door a bit.  It's all I needed to clear the fender on my trailer. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/28/22 4:25 p.m.

This just popped up in my feed as I started browsing marketplace. Cheap, might be a little small depending on what you plan on using it for. And might need a couple things but doesn't look too bad. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/662082778340863/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1lrCNCWKjYH6t48c3q8LEW90D38ZK7kqJyFhURPxOlXRYbOXmOAHSfPXa0u3aWrJ