nvrupnvrin New Reader
4/27/22 7:16 a.m.

Looking for a "CG LOCK seat belt unit.

Thanks,

Please PM with details .

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
5/9/22 12:49 a.m.

Apparently these were discontinued a few years ago so might be a little harder and costly to find one.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/9/22 1:12 a.m.

I bought one right as they were going out of production. Before I used it, one of the professional racing instructors told me he had one break in a high G turn, not in a crash. 
I sold it. 

kevinatfms
kevinatfms GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/13/22 9:22 a.m.

I have one in my Fiesta ST and have had multiple in past without a single issue. Fiesta has 7 years and 60+k miles on it with the CG Lock and significant amount of track time holding my 230lb butt into the seat. 

Im wondering if the failed one was a knock off? 

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/14/22 7:23 p.m.

I emailed the manufacturer last year, he didn't have any. I've seen them on websites, but for $150

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
5/14/22 7:25 p.m.

I use one in my daily driver Honda Fit.  I would pay $150 for another.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
5/17/22 8:16 a.m.

I use a child seat belt clip and the power seat adjuster to tighten me in.  Weave the clip in, roll the seat back, buckle up, roll the seat forward until my bladder hurts.

I'll PM with detail if the OP wants to purchase my CG lock, I may never use it.

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/17/22 9:24 a.m.

This is what I have been using ion my cars and have been happy with it. No fitment issues with Miata, S2000 and E90

https://www.cravenspeed.com/cinch-seat-belt-tensioner/

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/20/22 1:55 p.m.

I bought any of these that came my way for a few years, i think I have 2-3 sitting in a box at my place in Tehas. I'll have to check once i get home from my current racing trip. which will be early june. but if I can find one.. I'll part with it.

Batucadishe
Batucadishe
7/24/22 9:31 p.m.
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) said:

I bought any of these that came my way for a few years, i think I have 2-3 sitting in a box at my place in Tehas. I'll have to check once i get home from my current racing trip. which will be early june. but if I can find one.. I'll part with it.

Hey! if found them, I will be very happy to buy one from you!

pivarb
pivarb New Reader
4/6/24 5:22 p.m.

If anyone is still looking for one of these, I've got on new in a box.  PM me if interested. I'm in Atlanta but can ship.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
4/6/24 6:00 p.m.

Pm sent

red_door
red_door New Reader
4/17/24 9:01 a.m.

In reply to pivarb :

Please send me a PM if you still have this, I've been looking for one for years!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3ZksFdXVZXK3PrftwDycoRTWTAGiQUMozyVQfLsRkAPSaiZN8sfeumlJ73K3ub3o