lolzantz
lolzantz
5/29/20 10:35 a.m.

Hi GM friends!  I hope everyone is staying safe. Question, I am trying to think of different ways to temporarily mount the door glass on my caged S2000 with gutted doors.  Looking to keep out debris out, wash car, storage needs, etc. Thanks and I appreciate any help!

WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter)
WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/18/20 10:38 a.m.

I ended up making plexiglass ones because my cage interfered with the glass windows.  That allowed me to trim to fit inside the door.  I made a small bracket out of some scrap steel and screwed them in with the factory plastic mounting tabs.

To get the outer profile, I rolled the glass window onto the plexiglass and marked it with a sharpie.  Then I cut out the profile with a jigsaw using a fine blade.   I then put the plexi under my oven in broiler mode to soften it up and pressed it onto the glass window to get the bend right.

It's not perfect, but since I drive my fully-caged car to the track, it makes those 5 AM morning drives more pleasant when it's 35 degrees out :)

If I were trying to mount the factor glass, I'd do the same thing.  Find out where to bolt it in (I used the top-stop bolt holes at the top of the door), and make a bracket to allow me to utilize the factory plastic nuts on the glass window.

A lot of times you can slide the glass back in the track and put a prop rod under it. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/22/20 7:59 a.m.

Nice job inserting the link into the quote, canoe!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QSSKq04HkJhgoR55pIOeboFMzZHqA9KGOgWwmIuhyTTHmXtw2erv5lM0GD7lA6Lq