stagen
stagen
7/22/22 10:06 a.m.

Normally my google-fu prevails, but I can't find anywhere that sells pre made sections of 5/8" steel or stainless steel bends.

I need to fab a tight clearance turbo return line. This Turbo Oil Drain Fabrication | Sinco Customs | Sinco Customs shows them using similar bends, but they don't sell them. 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/22/22 10:33 a.m.

I've cut up and rewelded old a/c lines many times for things like that. No suggestion on new though.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
7/22/22 10:36 a.m.

In reply to stagen :

Why not bend your own?   Buy a 5/8ths tubing bender and have at it?  Or do you need a really tight radius?  

Oapfu
Oapfu GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/22/22 6:57 p.m.

Brewing supply places may have sub-1in stainless tube.  This place does some custom bending (but really big bend radius): https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/sstubecustom.htm

A quick look on ebay (combinations of "5/8", ".625", "stainless", etc) turns up some butt-weld pipe fittings from China, or other stuff that might be usable.

Industrial tube-bending places like Eagle Stainless could certainly do whatever you need but it would be rather expensive.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
7/22/22 11:26 p.m.
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/28/22 9:46 a.m.

Looks like butt weld sch 10 pipe not tubing.

I have made some of these drain adapters out of SS tubing with AN ends but they don't take to bends well.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
8/6/22 10:24 a.m.
stagen said:

Normally my google-fu prevails, but I can't find anywhere that sells pre made sections of 5/8" steel or stainless steel bends.

I need to fab a tight clearance turbo return line. This Turbo Oil Drain Fabrication | Sinco Customs | Sinco Customs shows them using similar bends, but they don't sell them. 

Well? Did you manufacture a new part?

TXRX7
TXRX7 New Reader
8/8/22 6:13 p.m.

Check with an auto shop that does a lot of AC repair. They will have old hose assemblies in the dumpster. Many AC return lines are 5/8". 

If not there., they may have hard lines already made up, or they may have straight tubing and a bender.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3jphC29BRK4dXMFvcWMBpm3v9Jxf8AK8xsiyPKRuy01u0ozRW4ZQsWojeubYZTKO