Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/23/21 9:16 a.m.

My wife got this at no cost as a yard sale had shut down and it was starting to rain. Very low end Android tablet, but it runs. It has 2 cameras and a working touchscreen. 

I stuck it on eBay, but am having second thoughts...

Dragon Touch Y88 7" tablet ***AS IS** Android tablet | eBay

• Challenge display board / photo montage? It's not a 55" TV, but still budget free. 
  • Digital dash or display usefulness?
  • Something with the cameras (like almost as a borescope?) - but I could just use my phone for that...

Any other ideas?

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/23/21 10:41 a.m.

https://www.tabletreviewer.org/dragon-touch-y88-android-tablet/

Android 4.1 is pretty old: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history#Android_4.1_Jelly_Bean

So I'd be worried that reasonably useful apps wouldn't work and the device isn't powerful enough to run a newer version of Android (if you could hack one to install on it).

If you search around you can find older versions of some of the apps you might use more often, but they may not work with the newer back ends.

I'd probably load it with a memory card full of pictures to use it as a digital picture frame and maybe some music.

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/23/21 10:56 a.m.

Cheap photo / music player then. *maybe* could do ereader stuff, I guess. I have no idea how many cycles the battery has on it or lifespan for a charge, but maybe I should charge it and see.. Or just hope it goes. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
11/23/21 11:50 a.m.

Yeah, garage radio was my first thought.  Wonder if there's some hack way of getting a more recent build of Android onto it.

OBD2022
OBD2022
5/9/22 9:06 p.m.

As far as I know, Autel scanners is also a kind of tablet computer, which supports the diagnosis of a variety of vehicles.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1A8uyFaRCKoqtYUEb8NWhozVYbdSWdpZ3GwymK5nlqM3i7t8g12pVr5J0C4NC5tz