Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/27/21 10:20 a.m.

I find myself in need of a solid floor jack that I can use for the truck.  I don't 100% need a 3-ton, but they typically have the lift height I need, and even the high-lift 2-ton and 2.5-ton jacks don't usually get the same height a 3-ton will.

I'm intrigued by the Hammer Store's jacks, but I don't know about their longevity.  Same with all of them, really.  I was in NAPA and they had some nice looking ones on display and on a decent sale, but I didn't want to pick one up without checking in.

Are there good ones out there that won't cost an arm and a leg and will last me a decade or so before crapping out?

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/27/21 10:43 a.m.

Harbor Freight low profile 2.5 ton. 

Mine is 10 years old with zero problems.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/27/21 10:43 a.m.

I bought the yellow Daytona ($180?) HF version.  The Hot Rod (Finnegan maybe) guys have them and they say it's the best.   So far I'm in for 2 years and all is good.  

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
11/27/21 10:46 a.m.

I've got a couple of the HF aluminum "racing" jacks and I've been impressed with how long they've lasted.  I don't use them that much in my home garage but I take one to the track and it works great

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/27/21 5:35 p.m.

I have the HF 3 ton model and love it for the low saddle height and the top end jacking height (23").  I use plastic Rhino Ramps a lot for maintenance, and it gives me the ability to jack up a vehicle and then slide the ramps under the tires.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-low-profile-super-duty-rapid-pump-floor-jack-yellow-63183.html

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FxTRdObmF9Cj7dYhCQ5ZFhYZeAOX6g94yZWdeAZCYxhi3EQnOciJhOb4uLFlLuWM