1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 65
ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/9/21 10:30 p.m.

Been playing with CamTool2.  It takes a lot to get the hang of it.  Its simple keyframing but the interface is quite clunky.  Lets you do things you couldn't otherwise do though.  Quick and dirty example from TDT a couple weeks ago:

(Dean was the one that T-boned me)

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/9/21 11:34 p.m.

You will have to explain it to me a bit.  I have tried to use it a few time. Even watched some tutorials and it absolutely dumbfounds me. It's just strange.  I am no stranger to software of various type but there something about CamTool that absolutely does not make sense to me.  Set cameras at different locations, at different times, keyed to follow particular cars or not.  I get it.... never seems to work for me.  I am sure I am making some assumptions it does not follow.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/10/21 12:07 a.m.

Yeah, the UI is bad.  You are probably using it right but just missing one simple switch or doing one click on the wrong order.

wae
wae UberDork
10/10/21 10:21 a.m.

I was playing with some wheel/pedal/feedback settings and trying to figure out a way to make a clean lap on High Speed Ring on the server but something odd kept happening.  Sometimes, when I cross the start/finish, it would count the lap time and reset the timer.  Other times it....  wouldn't.  Some of those were after an off where I got the message that my lep time wouldn't count, which I get, and it made the timing numbers red.  But then the next two or three laps would still not reset even though the numbers went to white.  After that, I had a clean lap that was kind of slow and the timer reset for me - white numbers - and I had what was for me a good lap - let's just call it less-slow as opposed to "fast".  As I crossed start/finish, the timer was still white, I got no notifications across the lap that I had exceeded track limits, but the timer just kep going.

Anybody else having that happen or am I doing something stupid?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/10/21 2:09 p.m.

I was seeing that last Wednesday but I did not pay much attention.  Maybe I will get on tonight and do some testing.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/10/21 8:30 p.m.

I would guess some sort of flaw in the track design and it's boarders, and maybe even the start / finish line. 

You could try it offline with the track limits off to test.

dean1484
10/11/21 10:48 p.m.

Ok Pro and I did some testing of the BOP for using it as a handicap and the results were interesting.

We ran the Nuremberg short track in the NSX on the best tires using the same setup from test to test but we were not using the same setup in both cars.  

Weight 0 Restricter 0

Pro 145.0

dean 145.0

Weight 75 Restricter 0

Pro 145.8 

dean 147.1

Weight 150 Restricter 0

Pro 146.5

dean 148.0

Weight 150 Restricter 50

Pro 147.2

dean 148.75

Weight 150 Restricter 100

Pro 148.0

dean 151.6

It is interesting that Pro was a very linear increase in lap times where as I was not. Pro looked up the restricter and it is a logarithmic increase of about 2. So the difference from 50-100 is supposed to be about 2x that of the 0-50. It was also noted that it is not a linear decrees across the power band it is a percentage off the max power. So you are loosing peak power only. Not power everywhere. This makes sense if they are trying to mimic a ready restricter.

dean1484
10/13/21 6:23 a.m.

Everyone ready for tonight's high speed crash fest?  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/13/21 1:46 p.m.

No.

I will try and get some practice in beforehand... then the red haze will take over for the race... mayhem...

wae
wae UberDork
10/13/21 3:08 p.m.

Eh... I can get around the track once or twice before hitting the wall in turn 1 and taking flight....

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/14/21 7:28 p.m.

Standings.  We have an interesting points race going on.  I took a surprising jump in points.  I don't expect to hold the position long.  Dean STILL has no HC....   Two races left.

I had a surprisingly fast setup for this race.  I did lower my car all the way, and it seemed to help.  Adding pressure to the tires seemed to help with temps (never had tire temp issues).

dean1484
10/14/21 9:38 p.m.

Server will be off line until Sunday night/Monday morning. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/14/21 10:06 p.m.

Some highlights:

Race 1 was actually rather clean, the start is shown above to show some good formation driving.

The second clip is how Sauce and I went for a turn.  It looks like I could have turn around him or slowed down, but I think I was still coming out of the turn.

Then we have race2.  Lets just say the start was not quite as good as race 1....   Also a clip of one of the spin jobs.

I also put a clip for the end of race 2.  Dirtybird runs a bit wide and I get back past him.  He gets underneath me in a turn and we contact (I didn't see him do that).  He let off and let me by.  This was actually a very calculated move.  He had done the math and realized that it did not matter if he or I won, he would still get the overall win.  Now that is quick thinking!!

dean1484
10/15/21 1:44 p.m.

Digging the video Air!!!   And intro music!!!!  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/15/21 3:14 p.m.

Can you figure out what it's from?  

I don't know why the cars show so much flame.  Just running really rich I guess.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/15/21 3:18 p.m.

Wow looks like I missed a good turnout

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/15/21 3:20 p.m.

Where you not in the first race?

The finishing order was really messed up (Dean trying to cheat), and I showed you as last in the first race.  Maybe that was just the result of you running laps on the server?

dean1484
10/15/21 7:06 p.m.

That I think is from my preset car assignments. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/15/21 8:23 p.m.

I wasn't in any races, so yeah something weird going on.

dean1484
10/17/21 8:16 p.m.

Server should be back up is some one wants to try it out.  I can see it as a lan and on line.

dean1484
10/17/21 8:20 p.m.

You can see it in this screen clip.  All are shown but I am the only one actually in the server

dean1484
10/17/21 8:36 p.m.

Ok HC applied for this weeks race.  So people understand the HC . The total added weight I can add of 150KG is divided by 4 so each HC level is 25% of 150 (and I round up) 

So  the HC is as follows

1 = 38kg

2 = 75kg

3 = 113kg

4 = 150kg

If anyone gets to a level 5 I will start using the restrictor plate but from what I got from Sauce this week I don't think that will be necessary.  

HC for this week applied

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/18/21 7:53 p.m.

Server works for me.  Same instance as normal, so no adjustments needed.

dean1484
10/18/21 10:36 p.m.

Testing tonight and weight is definitely the better HC versus tires due to the soft tires heating up after a couple laps and making the car a handful to drive.  After testing tonight I started in the mid 1:26 sec laps on the soft tires and by the end of testing I had a one off lap on the harder tires in the high 1:22 sec range. Lots of tuning testing but the Dif ended up being the key to getting fast laps. In particular the decel was key to getting the proper rotation at corner entry. But not being so much that you either loop it or the car gets to loose and you chase it up the corner scrubbing off speed. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/19/21 8:45 p.m.

I'm out this week, have a major project presentation on Thursday morning and an interview Friday that demand my focus.  Hopefully I'll be back in the saddle for the finale.  

1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 65
Our Preferred Partners
nAulAhPfWHyz0fPYNQIQyQbNwcfiVq6yPWjuB1S34wiABqOBtzRaLQqDODafX99A