1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 ... 160
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/25/23 11:38 a.m.

Results and Standings.   It's pretty close in the below 1st area.  Unfortunately Darwin will fade quickly, but it looks like a competitive race for 2nd!  3 races left!

I thought the race was rather entertaining, with a lot of stuff going on.  I do need to document what I thing was a pretty obvious shunt of, I think, Gunner.  Just to make myself feel extra bad about it.  Sorry.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
5/25/23 7:23 p.m.

Just in case anyone was interested in joining the league, but didn't have the equipment (like me!), a decent wheel is for sale on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z0UWWYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Normally $300-400, now $230.  I ordered that and the separate 6-speed shifter.  Hope to join you all in a week or two!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/26/23 12:10 a.m.

Yeah, that is a good deal!  Make sure to check in with us if you need help setting it up.  It can sometimes be tricky getting the initial setup going.  I think we have a few using G29's.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/23 8:45 a.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

Look forward to seeing you!!!

dean1484
5/26/23 8:45 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I am on a G29

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
5/26/23 7:13 p.m.

Are we skipping Thunderhill?  I see Midfield is on the server...?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/26/23 8:57 p.m.

Yeah, we where having issues with Thunderhill so we swapped in Midfield in since it was dropped when I realized I put 11 tracks on the list.

I am thinking it may have been because I set the track to green grass on my CM, so we will have to try it again at some point.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
5/27/23 8:31 a.m.

yes

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/27/23 1:26 p.m.

I'm heading down to the $2k challenge tomorrow to spectate, and I don't remember who from the league is going to be there.  Can you send me your cell numbers so I can find you when I get there?  It would be nice to meet some of the GRM sim crew in real life!  Feel free to shoot me a text at 4 zero 7 two 6 seven 4 one 2 two

dean1484
5/27/23 4:08 p.m.

I think Gameboy will be there. Also maybe Colin?  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/27/23 11:27 p.m.

Racebrick and Gameboy said they would be there.    Gameboy has a BRZ and Racebrick will probably be driving a Volvo that makes V8 noises.

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
5/27/23 11:41 p.m.

I couldn't get my car together in time, and with the event being on a holiday weekend I had to miss it.

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/28/23 3:22 p.m.

Ah, some stuff came up last minute for me and I couldn't make it for today.  I'll be at the GRM track day at the FIRM tomorrow though.  If anyone wants to buy an NA miata tell them to come check it out, I'll be the one running with the "for sale" sign on the door.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/29/23 1:16 p.m.
aircooled said:

I do need to document what I thing was a pretty obvious shunt of, I think, Gunner.  Just to make myself feel extra bad about it.  Sorry.

That first race was bollocks for me. I forgot to press the wheel icon to race and started out in the pits with a 30 second penalty to begin with. That started me out way behind and with my poor racecraft and not practicing the track in advance it was my fault for being a lap down where I shouldn't have put myself as a TCR jam car. I was really trying to get out of the way at that moment because I was dfl anyway and wanted you guys to be able to run your race. After discussion I learned that even in that position I won't attempt to "help" just stay steady instead.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/29/23 4:44 p.m.

Yeah, when I hit you, you where on the line.  I just came up way fast.  I guess I was a bit surprised by how fast I closed the distance.

That is one fun aspect about the series though, we get to learn some race craft, and practice it.

One good tip for a track you don't know:  When someone who is faster, or knows the track (Colin, Sauce and Darwin are normally good choices) is on the track, you can click their name in the results listings and you can watch from their car and pick up their lines!

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/29/23 8:24 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

That'll help

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/31/23 12:39 a.m.

Here are the Results and Standings:

And some highlights.  Looks like the shunt was a lot less obvious then I though.  Sort of a weird cross in front tap really.

dean1484
5/31/23 3:47 p.m.

And the Real Deal T-shirt is on its way to the winner of the 944 Cup series.

I snapped a couple of photos before packaging it up and sending it off to Colin!!! 

I am thinking I want one of these!!!  I will be taking the series champ text off the back. 

The next T-shirt will be running through Tom at GRM.  It is for the GT3 series. The design is in the works for that that I just got a look at and it is also a really good one. 

Credit goes Aircooled and Prodarwin as they did the design work for both the logo and the image on the shirts.  I just do the final mockup of the shirts and order them.

dean1484
5/31/23 3:48 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

The lead-in starting at the 20 sec point of the vid bumping and then bouncing off the curbs is so funny.  I bet we could not do that if we actually tried to so it.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/31/23 5:52 p.m.

In case I forget to ask tonight:  Is there a way to make the print on the back of the shirt larger?  Or is that the max size?  It seems a bit small for the shirt to me.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/1/23 11:53 a.m.

Results and Standings.  Let me know if you see any issues.

Have to say, that was a pretty entertaining race.  There is currently a rather close race for 2nd, and a very outside chance that 1st is not locked!

Of note also is that we slotted in Bridgehampton for next week since we are still having issues with Thunderhill.  Final race is still Toronto Motorsports Park (no, it's not in Toronto, why do you ask?), make sure to get the new version of TMP on the drive, it's:   pclispse_tmp.zip

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
6/1/23 1:04 p.m.

Just finished downloading it after two aborted attempts over the weekend and major (10+ GB) updates needed.  Ran my first quick test session in a Lotus Elise using the keyboard(!) for control, the G29 wheel just arrived but isn't set up yet.  I am going to try and mess with the wheel and setup tonight.  I suppose I ought to figure out Discord and make this official, eh?

EDIT: Realized I downloaded Discord a couple years ago when my nephew and I played Sea of Thieves....but can't seem to contact ProDarwin on there, or the GRM forum server.  My contact info:

Flynloww#3684

dean1484
6/1/23 3:17 p.m.
Flynlow (FS) said:

Just finished downloading it after two aborted attempts over the weekend and major (10+ GB) updates needed.  Ran my first quick test session in a Lotus Elise using the keyboard(!) for control, the G29 wheel just arrived but isn't set up yet.  I am going to try and mess with the wheel and setup tonight.  I suppose I ought to figure out Discord and make this official, eh?

EDIT: Realized I downloaded Discord a couple years ago when my nephew and I played Sea of Thieves....but can't seem to contact ProDarwin on there, or the GRM forum server.  My contact info:

Flynloww#3684

I will see if I can send you an invite.  Maybe Air can do it.

dean1484
6/1/23 3:22 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

Check your email. I sent you a link to join the discord (it expires in 7 days)

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
6/1/23 5:20 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Thanks, between that and prodarwin (found a way to connect with him), I'm in the discord.  

Started setting up the wheel/pedals, currently the clutch and some buttons aren't being recognized by the software, i'm going to download the logitech software hub and see if i can update firmware.  

1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iCHdIdBIG7k6TUl6TFdwJJV85NKjSSoan461blKjG6XbMSjFf6y9YSSB9xofCRWp