1 2
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/18/23 1:26 p.m.
RevRico said:

Are there VRs these days NOT tied to Facebook? I quit paying attention when berkeleyerberg bought Oculus because I won't faceplace.

I'm heavily considering psvr2 for this very reason. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/18/23 1:27 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet (Forum Supporter) :

Preciate that. I'm terrible at PCs. When I need a new one I peel off a stack of freedom tickets and buy a hot rod Asus. This is theoretically cheaper. 

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/18/23 1:31 p.m.
RevRico said:

Are there VRs these days NOT tied to Facebook? I quit paying attention when berkeleyerberg bought Oculus because I won't faceplace.

as Pro Darmin said, the standalone the Oculus with a META account is the only option. 

for PC required ones, Valve Index, HTC Vive family and more are all their own thing. 

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/18/23 1:32 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Preciate that. I'm terrible at PCs. When I need a new one I peel off a stack of freedom tickets and buy a hot rod Asus. This is theoretically cheaper. 

I can point you to deals in the Dell/Alienware space, they're good PCs with tradeoffs as long as you spec them properly. 

I've found quite a few good deals helping friends and family buy alienware towers on the Dell Outlet with scratch and dent and refurbished units. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/18/23 8:56 p.m.

I'm not looking to make the move todsy- but I will keep that in mind. 

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
1/20/23 9:34 a.m.

I have nothing. A laptop lol.

scardeal
scardeal SuperDork
1/20/23 1:58 p.m.

I'm in the midst of a new gaming PC build.  So far, it's nominally functional, but not gaming ready.  I figure if I want to try raytracing, then I'm going to give it its best shot.

1. i5-13600k
  2. 32GB DDR5
  3. Trying to decide between an RTX4080 and RTX4090.
Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/23 2:27 p.m.

We have two X-boxes in the house but I don't play either one of them. The boys are on a Battlefield kick at the moment. They also like Apex Legends. 

automotiveflux
automotiveflux New Reader
1/25/23 12:51 p.m.

I collect gaming systems and old gaming stuff so I've got quite a few to share. Most items bought used and then fixed for the rare chance I have time to play something haha. Some belong to my wife.

Xbox: Original Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One X

PS: PS2 x2, PS3, PS4, PSP

Nintendo: Gameboy Advance, Advance SP x2, DS Lite, 3DS x2, Switch, Wii, Gamecube

I spent over $5000 CAD in 2019 to build a decent gaming PC for making youtube videos and it remains quote strong today. AMD 3900x, 2080ti, 32gb ram and a lot of storage for large video files.

Currently playing through Elden Ring on the One X whenever I get the chance.

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
2/21/23 9:15 a.m.

I used to get the latest, great gaming console when it came out - however, I stopped at Playstation 2. I even had an Atari Jaguar and a Sega 32x . Look those up.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/21/23 8:14 p.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

Ah yes, expensive but ultimately crap systems :(. I had a 3DO which was even worse lol.  All of th are interesting and bizarre case studies in consoles.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5qlPba519NVOio2AzThWL5FDbvQsmODeXkJYDoUk9K42BS70mmhveTxs2M6AT0da