1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
donalson
donalson SuperDork
7/28/11 11:42 p.m.

turn off the suggested lines?... sure ya can click on assists and shut if off... unless i'm missing something?

I still run with em most of the time... don't know enough of the tracks... but once I get to know the track I find I can cut a good chunk of time when disregarding the suggested lines...

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
7/29/11 6:49 a.m.

The suggested line tells you to brake in quite a few places where you can go flat out. And the line they tell you to use going around the carousel at Sebring is not even close.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
7/29/11 10:28 a.m.

In reply to racerfink:

exactly! It tells me to brake going thru 12 at Road Atlanta. Flat boy!! Flat!!

SimonTibb
SimonTibb New Reader
7/30/11 3:31 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: In reply to racerfink: exactly! It tells me to brake going thru 12 at Road Atlanta. Flat boy!! Flat!!

Yeah the computers car brake, sucks because it's FAR to easy to win there against the computer cars.

As for the thread, my GT is Simon Tibb. I'm frequently on.

scardeal
scardeal HalfDork
9/8/11 1:43 p.m.

I just hit 50% completion on single player! I feel like I've accomplished something (although there's LOTS left)...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/14/11 11:35 a.m.
scardeal wrote: I just hit 50% completion on single player! I feel like I've accomplished something (although there's LOTS left)...

I was planning on getting all achievements. I'm leaving 100% completion off for now. Maybe some day I'll get around to it. If its any consolation, I have all the others.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
9/14/11 11:45 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: In reply to racerfink: exactly! It tells me to brake going thru 12 at Road Atlanta. Flat boy!! Flat!!

The kink at road america - to the floor!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/14/11 11:55 a.m.

In reply to oldtin:

Ditto. Every time, every car. I stopped using them after day one. The auto-braking was a bitch to turn of before I found it.

I play with no assists.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
9/17/11 1:38 p.m.

The only achievement I don't have is the 100k drift one. And I refuse to get it. Stupid achievement in a RACING game.

Just completed Season 52 in Season mode.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
9/20/11 10:28 p.m.

Just saw today that the F4 demo is coming out Oct. 3.

Anyone else think it's going to be a couple cars and the Top Gear track?

racerfink
racerfink Dork
9/21/11 1:26 a.m.

I don't get the fascination with the TG test track. It's a figure 8 and flat as can be. I'd much rather have one of the new real tracks, like Hockenheim or Infineon.

There a lot of good info on the Forza website in a piece called 'Under the Hood- part 2'. When I get to a computer, I'll link to it.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
9/21/11 4:08 a.m.

It's just a guess, considering the Top Gear partnership and I would think they'd try to make the demo file size fairly small for gamers without the mega 250gb storage capabilities.

I'm still hoping that one of the future track DLC's is VIR. I know, I know, it's on Iracing...but I'm a console guy.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/21/11 7:55 a.m.
racerfink wrote: The only achievement I don't have is the 100k drift one. And I refuse to get it. Stupid achievement in a RACING game. Just completed Season 52 in Season mode.

I enjoy drifting and had fun getting that one.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
9/21/11 9:36 p.m.

Here's the link to some of the changes in the game.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/

EdenPrime
EdenPrime New Reader
9/22/11 9:38 a.m.

Are there any gameplays of you guys on YouTube or anything?

racerfink
racerfink Dork
9/22/11 9:41 a.m.

I've got a few mixed in with my Spec Miata vids on youtube. Just search for racerfink.

EdenPrime
EdenPrime New Reader
9/22/11 10:01 a.m.
racerfink wrote: I've got a few mixed in with my Spec Miata vids on youtube. Just search for racerfink.

Wow i just watched one and it was like a destruction derby. LoL

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Dork
10/4/11 12:45 p.m.

so should we change the title to forza 4 gamer tags?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/4/11 1:05 p.m.

Good idea...I'll do that soon.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
10/4/11 8:14 p.m.

Maybe there could be a new thread and list every bodies name? I always had trouble getting invited to the GRM races.

Also, it appears that car clubs in game are limited to 100 cars.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
10/8/11 8:09 p.m.

OK, I really want get in on this GRM Forza racing thing, who do I need to be xbox friends with to get an invite?

Tom Heath, I'm looking in your general direction (Southeast).

My gamer tag is LainfordExpress

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/9/11 11:12 a.m.

Tom already has the car club set up for Forza 4, we're all just waiting on the game to come out to be able to join it.

btrostelsc
btrostelsc New Reader
10/10/11 10:09 a.m.

I just picked up my XBox this weekend, trying to get geared up. What wheel and pedal setup would most of you recommend? Google's not helping me much on this one.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/10/11 10:46 a.m.
racerfink wrote: Tom already has the car club set up for Forza 4, we're all just waiting on the game to come out to be able to join it.

^ ^ What he said. I'm hustling to get the review online before the game releases, and it will contain all the pertinent information to join the Team GRM car club in the game.

Just in case, you're all invited to join Team GRM, the catch tag is "tgrm". (Not sure if it's caps sensitive, so I went all lower case.) Too bad GRM was already taken by some other club...

Also, you should be able to find it by friending me (GRM Tom) and looking at my profile.

I've got a handful of B-spec cars built and loaded into the club garage for you to drive, and I'm working on creating more of our project cars in digital reality. Also looking for nominations/volunteers/submissions to help administrate a weekly league.

The biggest plus to the way FM4 handles groups like ours will be Rivals mode. It's a great, no-excuses way to compete with fellow club members and increase the tgrm club standings. You guys are going to LOVE it.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/10/11 10:51 a.m.
btrostelsc wrote: I just picked up my XBox this weekend, trying to get geared up. What wheel and pedal setup would most of you recommend? Google's not helping me much on this one.

The Fanatec wheel and load-cell pedals are REALLY good and works for PC and PS3 also, but at about $500 to purchase so a little too rich for my blood. I'm still using the Microsoft Wireless wheel; it's discontinued but can still be found used at your local game retailer or on eBay. Figure $150 new, but less used. I wouldn't pay more than $150, though. Perfectly acceptable performance, but not as good as the Logitech stuff on PC/PS3, and a far cry from the overall goodness of the Fanatec gear.

I've got more time in the game with the regular stick controller than anything else. While it's not as good for realism, it's frequently the choice of really fast drivers. (Looking at you, RacerFink!)

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pNqyJ9qdE9pW0xlcwNDMhXu4QGstwjmPrri1jFBDUYua2RWnQvUcKd2MFKtnCc49