1 2 3 4 5 ... 73
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/13/14 10:18 p.m.

Wait I am mistaken we are not in the same JTC. Cool !!!!!

dean1484
10/13/14 10:22 p.m.

Driving the Mercury in honor of my dad he was a huge mercury fan. I think I spent more time in my dads various Merks than at home LOL

CAMikaze
CAMikaze New Reader
10/13/14 10:27 p.m.

Did some testing for the Spec EVO series tonight in regards to what Lancer to use for the upcoming season. One thing I can say is the V is out as a possibility for my part. I'll do some more EVO testing tomorrow as I was getting very tired.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
10/13/14 10:38 p.m.

My driver looks sassy.

dean1484
10/13/14 10:44 p.m.

With reasect to the evo. In terms of speed there really is not much difference. It is all about the feel of the various cars. I have noticed that the higher you go on the roman numerals they seem to get less manic at the expense of hp and or they gain weight. I am settling on an XIII. I narrowed it down to three and this was the most fun to drive.

All the cars are with in about a half second of each other in my testing and that, to me, is the margin of driver error. So really they are all equal.

One thing you have to figure out is there shift points. Some cars are all about the high rpm while others you actually loose speed if you go beyond red line.

Edit. There is at least one car that has a overdrive top gear that hurts its performance and another one that the gearing is to short. I ran out of gear long before the end of the front strait on GVE.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
10/13/14 11:00 p.m.

Griz, I see you are going the Richard Petty direction. You sure you don't want to go Joe Dirt?

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
10/13/14 11:09 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: Air; I have a question. Say you loose your preferred car and have to re select. I assume you have the option to pick another car even if it is being used by some one else and have a for that car in the 2nd race? Can you challenge back? Are there any rules about that? If there is I would hope that there is some sort of limit to how many challenges you can make. I mean if you loose two of them you should be mandated to go get one that is not being used and move on. And what about some one that gets challenged in the 2nd race and looses do they have the opportunity to go get a car already in use and challenge in the 3rd race. In short how does this whole challenge thing work?

Honestly, we almost never have challenges, much less two of them, but I think a two limit is a good idea. Theoretically there could be challenges reverberating through most of the season, but that's probably very unlikely (but would keep it interesting).

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
10/13/14 11:12 p.m.

In reply to aircooled:

Not gonna lie, if this was Forza I'd do it.

e30Matt
e30Matt Reader
10/14/14 8:13 a.m.

Somehow I missed the new season thread. My choices are GT350/Civic and Altezza/undecided Evo.

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
10/14/14 9:04 a.m.

If I have registered in the past, do I have to register again? Did I miss when it starts and the schedule?

dean1484
10/14/14 9:16 a.m.
trigun7469 wrote: If I have registered in the past, do I have to register again? Did I miss when it starts and the schedule?

This Wednesday is a test and tune. The season starts after that. I don't know about registrations If you show up you are in. Make sure you PM me a friend request if you have not already if you want to join in the sunday series.

dean1484
10/14/14 9:30 a.m.

OK and as Argo pointed out to me in the other thread two of each of the cars is allowed in the JTC series. I don't know what I was thinking. This also applies to the MC series and the HH series as well.

dean1484
10/14/14 9:31 a.m.
e30Matt wrote: Somehow I missed the new season thread. My choices are GT350/Civic and Altezza/undecided Evo.

If you like handling the late evo's are where you want to look. If you want a bit more crazy on edge type of car the early ones are your go to cars.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
10/14/14 9:35 a.m.

I don't think we are running duplicates in MC. There should be enough of those to go around.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
10/14/14 9:55 a.m.

The MC are one each unless we get a big crowd. All the others should work with 2 of each.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
10/14/14 10:52 a.m.

Dean, if you are going to leave all cars on the track for JTC qualifying then the time should be extended to 8 or 10 minutes to allow for traffic.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
10/14/14 11:29 a.m.

In reply to Argo1:

I think because it is a 20 minute Enduro that the Qualifying matters little unless we go back to points for Pole. The start isn't as relevant as in the sprint races. I figure the qualifying period is more for reaclimating yourself to the car. I suggest that we have a two timed lap qualifying period so out lap plus 2 hot laps plus 50% of a lap time. so it varies per track. Before setting the room up to start that qualifying period have a 5 minute practice after the last SSS race for everyone to get the basic gear tuning completed. I think once in qualifying if you exit the track you are out of the WHOLE RACE so your car has to have at a minimum the proper gearing to get around. You will have to live with whatever suspension tune you have.

Qualifying for this enduro is like running to your car at LeMans. Just walk to the car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g63iM83Nwdc

dean1484
10/14/14 12:00 p.m.

I really don't know the best way to go about the endurance races and qualifying. I do agree that it really does not matter as much where you qualify since it is such a long race. I need to look and see if there is an option to do a practice and then race with the timed race option. That would probably be better for logistics and what not. Also are we going for 20 min. 25 min or 30 min races? I am included to do a 25 min race as this guarantees that everyone will have to stop for fuel at least once. It will also mean that with RH and MAYBE RM tires you can do 1 stop. I think if you put RS on you will have to make at least 2 stops and one stint may have to be either RM or RH. I forget what we figured out in practice regarding tire ware and fuel. I guess I will have to get on track tonight and test this some to get a base line for the tires.

e30Matt
e30Matt Reader
10/14/14 12:17 p.m.

The way the GT Planet was run was practice/qualify (10 minutes)/timed race. They also set it up as "race alone" so your qualifying was just you on track, no draft or anything else. They also did a last corner start so you didn't have your out lap burn qualifying time.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
10/14/14 1:52 p.m.

For Wednesday, yes, we should test the enduro. Figure out what a good timing will be and we will go with that. Keeping the qualifying short is preferred.

I would also like to test (if we get a big enough group) the MC race at Nurburg to see if using the jump during a race is reasonable.

Other then that it might be: COBRA TIME! OK, OK, some of us may want to try some EVO variations... whatever...

dean1484
10/14/14 1:58 p.m.

I am going to try and set up a room tonight. If some people are on it would be helpful to have a couple people join is so I can test a couple things with the room setup.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
10/14/14 5:06 p.m.

In reply to aircooled:

Hey Air please double confirm the two standings file links on the top of Page 2 of this thread. I think I have them set for you to able to save a copy to your Google Drive or download it as an excel file.

If you are going to run a 1 drop series then you would need to make some modifications that would need to be figured out. Never thought of that. Not difficult at all but just need to confirm the linked formulas work out across the different tabs. I can take a stab at it myself.

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
10/14/14 5:15 p.m.

My car choices are:

Sunday:  *  Evo - Lancer EVO IV GSR '96

*  JTC - Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04

Wed.:    *  MC - Camaro Z28

*  HH - VW Golf V GTI'05

I'll try to get some pictures posted asap.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
10/14/14 6:15 p.m.
Advan046 wrote: In reply to aircooled: Hey Air please double confirm the two standings file links on the top of Page 2 of this thread.

I was able to download it an put it in my Google Drive. Check this link (also in the 3rd post on the first page) to make sure you can see it. You should also be able to edit it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-XD9O1_l45skeuxCq1fJSbVOUzih92inEdP3j-yejt0/edit?usp=sharing

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
10/14/14 6:31 p.m.

Is it a good or bad thing that my MC & HH cars are running within a tenth of each other around Silverstone?

1 2 3 4 5 ... 73
Our Preferred Partners
jc0uxwAze5I28sow2YEhITcZ6mbAEuF8wqcn9xJLyj1AtcgBCRy2dL3ja4BwFT1d