1 2
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/19 12:49 p.m.

Figuared I would start this as a place to discuss what we are testing and ideas for future seasons.  

Testing last night with Sauce and I really miss the GT3 cars. It was so nice to take the Bentley out for a couple laps. 

We we also tested some road cars and may have found a fun uptown for that. I thing it was Road Car C but Sauce can chime in. There was a fun mix of AWD and RWD.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
9/24/19 2:09 p.m.

Ok, now that summer is over is it about time to talk about season 8?

I won’t be available through the first 3 weeks of October, bur would like to have a series to participate in with you guys. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/24/19 3:24 p.m.

I am available, and fully willing to drive 917's if I have to...  devil

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/25/19 10:15 a.m.

I'll probably be game to race again after Halloween or so. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
9/25/19 11:27 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Sounds like a good plan to me, although Sauce won't be available until after Nov 16 when he gets back from England after he wins the US Regional Finals on Oct 6th.smiley

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/25/19 11:32 p.m.

There has been so much going on that I have hardly looked in here. It's been non-stop since we started adoption of our 16 year-old foster daughter.   It has been....ah....a loooong time since we have had a high school teenager in the house.  Things should settle down towards the end of October.  (Why, yes.  I am delusional, thanks.)  I would be up for a new series as long as Air has nothing to do with picking the cars.

iborg
iborg New Reader
9/27/19 10:15 p.m.

Work has finally slowed down so I might be able to play. What system is this on?

BradLTL
9/28/19 11:31 a.m.

In reply to iborg :

PS4

dean1484
9/28/19 4:42 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

So Argo when are you are going to get another set up so she can join us?

And I can not begin to say how great a person you are for being a foster parent!  I did it for years. Not easy but one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. Now they have kids so I guess that makes me a foster granddad?  Wow. Never thought about that until now. 

dean1484
9/28/19 4:48 p.m.

Ok anyone around tonight to test?  I have had enough of the McClaren for a while. 

dean1484
9/28/19 4:49 p.m.

Brad you have any ideas for cars?  We did some testing a while back when I started this thread and I know we found some really good candidates. For both a class based series and a one make series. 

dean1484
9/28/19 4:51 p.m.

How about u Argo?  At least give us some ideas that you would like try. 

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/29/19 9:22 p.m.

I'm still not likely to have much test and tune time.  I have a few good 'stock' tunes for GT3 cars.  How about a no tuning Megane Trophy series?  Or Alpine vs Porsche (teams?) in Group 6?

BradLTL
10/2/19 8:49 a.m.
dean1484 said:

Brad you have any ideas for cars?  We did some testing a while back when I started this thread and I know we found some really good candidates. For both a class based series and a one make series. 

I have an idea and theme I'm playing with still. Give me a week or so to vet it before sharing. I want to keep you in suspense. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
10/4/19 10:30 p.m.

I'm guessing your idea is not a series where we run overpowered cars without headlights in the dark, so Air will likely not be impressed.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/8/19 7:28 p.m.

So, are we doing anything tomorrow?  I'm curious as to what Brad has conjured for us.

BradLTL
10/9/19 10:07 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Caterhams, but you are only allowed to drive backwards with a forced in cockpit view.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/9/19 11:02 a.m.

Sounds reasonable.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/9/19 2:20 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I like it. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/9/19 10:12 p.m.

Well, I sent invites but was forever alone with (mostly) randoms in the Group A room I created.  Did have one person from the Logitech series join which was cool, but forgot that the GTR existed and was a super ringer.  Second race I had to jump in it myself to balance the field.  Or not get stomped by 2s per lap.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
10/9/19 10:39 p.m.

I got the invite, but I'm at work in MN for maybe 10 more days. Looking forward to whatever this new series Brad is cooking up.

dean1484
10/12/19 11:30 a.m.

I was at home but elbows deep in a computer build I needed to have up and running the next day. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
10/17/19 7:34 p.m.

Ok, I am back home. Any hints on this new season?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/17/19 8:43 p.m.

Brad said something about Caterhams.

BradLTL
10/17/19 8:58 p.m.
T.J. said:

Ok, I am back home. Any hints on this new season?

I'm trying to time it with another announcement, but the other announcement keeps getting delayed. 

I do now have a conflict at 10 on weeknights. So, that'll be interesting. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZHPBhmvwmtWlpdIPIdtjjy4t6jpl4CezrbndoeYKlS7x744jotyNCcyVdb10lOW2